“Lunch at Leckenby's”

Leckenby's
Ranked #9 of 377 Restaurants in Bury
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an English Tearoom situated in the heart of Burys Millgate Shopping Centre. We provide a full waitress service and we serve anything from light snacks to a three course meal and we specialise in Afternoon Tea. We serve a wide selection of loose leaf tea and freshly ground coffees as well as a range of alcoholic beverages including Champagne and Prosecco. We have a children's menu as well as several Gluten Free options on our main menu.p
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lunch at Leckenby's”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

First class restaurant where we had lunch. Good choice,nicely presented and excellent service. The food was delicious and all four members of our party were delighted. Excellent value and staff eager to please. Our second visit.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Steve M

Manchester, United Kingdom
“HALF TERM REGULAR VISIT”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is the second occasion I have treated daughter and two grandchildren to lunch at this delightful restaurant hidden away in Bury. As previously, lunch was delicious. Again, the best jacket potato I have tasted anywhere. Friendly personal service with eye to detail. Children loved their sausage and chips, served in just the right proportion with right sized cutlery. This may not sound important to others but to a grandparent who has struggled with children in restaurants where portions for under 10s are huge and cutlery is unmanageable, believe me these considerations make Leckenbys the place for me.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank POPPYEWAN
Wigan, United Kingdom
“3pm is too late for much more than cake!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We took a trip to Bury Market and the East Lancs Railway; a great steam train ride!
Having used our iPad to search for a nearby recommended place to eat we made our way to Leckenburys. We ordered drinks and the waitress/manager explained that one of the soups on the menu was not available but had been replaced by an alternative, she then left us to peruse the menu.
A young waitress then came over to tell us that the bottled beer we had ordered was warm and that there was no alternative. She offered us a glass of ice to cool the beer.
We made our choices and my mother in law ordered an omelette with chips. We were then told that they had stopped serving chips and salad was the only alternative. The MiL said no problem, she would have the lasagne instead. The waitress explained that this had run out.
We finished our drinks (my glass of diet coke smelled of wet dog so I left it) paid up and left. I bought a couple of boxes of nice chocolates from the retail area hence the star.

Visited May 2014
7 Thank Caroline M
mfilidoro, Manager at Leckenby's, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Firstly may I thank you for your feedback, albeit negative feedback. I have consulted staff members at length upon seeing your review as we take our business extremely seriously , as you can see from all the other positive reviews, and take any complaints very seriously indeed. I must sincerely apologise that you didn't enjoy your visit and indeed am extemely disappointed that your experience did not match that of the majority of our customers. The first issue i would like to address is that you were told you couldn't have chips because the fryers were off. Under no circumstances should our fryers have be turned off at 3pm, we serve all hot food up until 4.30 and, had I have been made aware of the situation, you most certainly would have got the meal you desired, for this I apologise reservedly and the relevant staff have been re-informed regarding serving times. Regarding the Lasagne, the waitress should have explained in greater detail that we had to remove it from our menu due to substandard quality, as we pride ourselves on only serving food of the highest quality ,as you will see from previous reviews.
With reference to the Peroni beer , unfortunately we had served the stocks of beer we had in the fridge during the course of the day and we were just restocking at 3pm. Again I have spoken to the staff concerned and reiterated that drinks should be replenished immediately as they are used. Regarding the glass smelling, I can honestly say I have never had any complaints about our glasses smelling and have looked into the complaint but cannot find any other glasses which smell. Had you informed someone of this issue at the time, we would have gone to great lengths to rectify the situation immediately. I know that I personally served you at the till that day and had you have voiced your issues with me I could have discussed it with you directly, sadly we have to go through trip advisor to sort out a problem which cannot now be rectified through a computer or, moreover, has left you having a less than perfect experience. I have informed the owners of your experience and they would like the opportunity to speak to you personally in order to resolve the matter. The telephone number is 0161 761 1191. Thank you again for your feedback as it does help us to identify any issues and tend to them immediately in order to maintain our exacting standards.
Woodley stockport
“Excellent”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

In bury on Saturday shopping called in for a meal food loverly staff friendly top food,only thing I did while paying my bill busy talking to the owner left me butterscotch and child's lolly on counter other than that excellent

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lunch visit”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had the breakfast and wife had the quiche. Beautifully presented and food was delicious. We have been many times before. The service is always polite and friendly and the tables are always cleaned and sanitised before you are shown to your seat. Tea is served in real teapots using tea leaves rather than bags. The atmosphere in the restaurant is calm and efficient. We will most certainly go again when we are in Bury.

• Visited May 2014