“EXCELLENT!”

Leckenby's
Ranked #15 of 509 Restaurants in Bury
Price range: £1 - £7
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an English Tearoom situated in the heart of Burys Millgate Shopping Centre. We provide a full waitress service and we serve anything from light snacks to a three course meal and we specialise in Afternoon Tea. We serve a wide selection of loose leaf tea and freshly ground coffees as well as a range of alcoholic beverages including wines, beer and Prosecco. We have a children's menu as well as several Gluten Free options on our main menu.
Reviewed 9 November 2023

Although I work in Bury I had never been to this little gem before and must say how
lovely it is. My mother and I only had toasted current teacakes and a pot of tea mid-morning but the atmosphere in the cafe, the courtesy of the staff and everything as a whole was spot on. Would definitely recommend and would go again if I can find it in the maze that is Bury shopping area.

Date of visit: November 2023
1  Thank christinehE1327IN

Reviewed 20 October 2023

first visit to Bury so to find this delightful place for our lunch was perfect. Lovely setting in a shopping mall. Friendly and cheerful staff. Extensive menu. We had the Quiche with salad and it was very tasty. Coffee came in a cafetiere which was nice.

1  Thank ChorleyElvisfan
Reviewed 19 October 2023 via mobile

Friendly staff, generous portions. We have had lunch here a couple of times and always been well looked after with prompt service.

1  Thank sallyscallops
Reviewed 11 October 2023

I was very disappointed with the quality of my quiche it was no better than a cheap frozen one i expected a higher quality, also one of our party ordered a sandwich with a side of fries the fries were the frozen scraps from the bottom of the bag when we complained the owner waited till we had payed and then became very abusive and told us not to return well I can promise you we won’t be returning what ever you do don’t complain to this cafe owner she can not take criticism as you can tell from other reviews

1  Thank gleadallchristine
Melanie Filidoro, General Manager at Leckenby's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2023

Thank you for your review. Thank goodness we have the facility to reply.
Firstly, may I say how rude you were to two of our staff members, during your visit. We were extremely busy when you arrived, however, you were seated promptly. When your order was taken, you were informed that there was a slight delay on food, due to some large orders being taken before yours. You proceeded to complain 4 times as to where your food was. This was after 10 mins, 15 mins 20 mins and just as your food was coming out 25 mins. We are not a fast food restaurant. Your manner was extremely abrupt, verging on abusive . You then complained, after eating half the chips, that they were ' inedible' and 'scrappy'. Your other friend complained that we had forgotten to put a bit of onion on her toastie. The manner in which this was conveyed our staff member was absolutely appalling. You said you weren't paying for the chips, after eating half and your friend said she wanted money off for lack of onion and after eating it all! I then came to see you myself. I explained that the chips are not a uniform size and I oversaw the order in the kitchen and there were large ones also, which your friend had eaten and there were just a few smaller ones left in the bottom. I also explained that had your friend complained before eating all her toastie, we would have rectified the problem . As a gesture of goodwill, I reduced the chips to half price. Your friend said her sandwich was delicious and you both said everything was good with your quiche. I'm, therefore, struggling to understand why it was "absolutely rubbish." When you left, there was not one scrap of food remaining on your plates, even the "inedible" chips had been eaten.
The owner was simply communicating with you in the manner you communicated with our staff members. It wasn't a matter of not being able to take criticism, if you make a criticism, there is a manner in which you address people. We will not tolerate terse and abusive communication from customers.
We cannot possibly please everyone 100% of the time, but, thankfully, we have 748 good and excellent reviews, which makes everything we do, worthwile.

Reviewed 4 October 2023

Always worth a visit to Leckenby’s when visiting Bury
Great choice of food and drinks and always a warm welcome from the staff

1  Thank IanH5315