“friendly staff”

Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Reviewed 8 March 2014

the name De Vere normally means really high quality. this place is a very busy and highly used health club and meeting place and hotel. its a 3 star hotel. its good and the staff are fab but the pricing does not reflect the quality of the rooms. you can upgrade to a better room which i did not do
the breakfast is ok - the restaurant could do with a spruce up. all in all average to good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank flanology
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

Excellent customer service is something which we pride ourselves on here at the hotel and I am so pleased you appreciated this on your visit.

I am sorry other elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss the matter in further detail please feel free to call on 0161 762 6063.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,101)

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

At Christmas I put in a bid for a Christmas tree donated by The Village Bury to the Bury Hospice, amongst the many generous gifts there was a night out package.
The package included a tribute night for two, I booked this for my birthday weekend and we were looking forward to the night. The show was cancelled but there was a promise that another event would replace this, we were told less than one week before the event that this was cancelled due to lack of support, we were offered other dates but our diary was full we went ahead with a meal and one night stay only.
Let me say at the outset the staff were excellent from the greeting to our checkout. The accomodation was of a good standard athough quite a confusing hike to the "other building". The evening dinner was mostly ok but spoiled a little by a rowdy group of ladies equipped witb whistles and party poppers. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her food and my first two courses were good but, the rhubarb and ginger crumble was a disaster, I did not eat it.
We had no problems with breakfast at all and decided to stay for a carvery lunch, again the carvery was quite good but again noisy and seating could have been better organised, I had to block access to four tables to pull out my chair and sit down. This carvery is I suppose good for families with small children but not for quiet weekend residents.
Overall I would say a good experience and I would stay again, but I would not have a carvery and I would check the restaurant for noise before having dinner.
Thank you Village for supporting your local hospice.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience here and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. As our restaurant can be quite busy on occasions, I do appreciate you may have found this a litte overbearing.

I understand on the tree you also won a gym membership as well as numerous other vouchers and I do hope you have enjoyed using all of them.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here while visiting friends and family in the area.
Our stay was marred by noise while trying to get to sleep. The first night (Friday) there was a 70's disco function, which meant the room we were allocated to (118) had loud sound bleed until 1am. Thanks Mr DJ for Salt 'N' Pepper, Push It! at 12:35am, Grand Master Flash, White Lines at ~12:45am etc :-/
We asked to move for the second night (Take That Tribute night), and we were allocated a room in the annex on the second floor- Great. Until we tried to get to sleep, and found out the outside metal fire stairs rattling in the wind- arghh.
The breakfast service was over stretched when we went down. When we were allocated a table it hadn't been cleaned properly. The place looks really understaffed.
On the positive side we got a good deal for the 2 nights we stayed- hence score of 3.5.

Suggestions to the hotel- 1) please ask at check-in if the guest is going to the evening function. If not allocate them a 'quieter room'. 2) Get some more staff to cover breakfast.

Room Tip: Check if there are any functions on during your stay. If you want to sleep before 1am, ask for a qui...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

I am so sorry you found the noise intrusive throughout your stay, I can assure you we will definitey look into ways of ensuring this does not happen in the future.

On a positive note, I am so pleased you found your stay good value for money.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here twice and loved it, the food was lovely, there is a starbucks in reception. the pool was nice and staff were pleasant. It is quite near all the shops and close to motorway. There is a lovely pub that does carvery across the road if you fancy a change and don't have to walk far. The room could do with upgrading I think

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

I am so pleased it appears you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel, as well as all the extra ammenities we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Stayed here 3-4 times, lovely hotel great facilities, no need to venture into town, 2-4-1 retaurant next door (carvery/pub food) .. Starbucks/pub and restaurant in the hotel too! , Lovely swimming pool area. Great room with full sky package (upper deck rooms) Lovely breakfast buffett too! .. Cosey and cute hotel especially sipping a starbucks next to the fire in reception I would go back to this hotel - Can be abit noisy if there is a function going on (wedding etc.) but what can you expect? .. over all i would suggest this hotel :D !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for such lovely comments in regard to your recent stay at Village Bury.

I am pleased that you found your whole experience enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed in Village for 4 nights on a business trip in a upper Deck room. One good thing about that room is that it is spacious compared to other rooms and gives full sky connection. The hotel has a humongous Gym and pool facilites are nice. However, service was not up to my expectation. On the first day, I had to call reception to ask them how to switch on the TV. I called them 4 times and no one answered the call. I eventually had to go down to them to ask my question. On complaining that no one answered my call, instead of apologizing they said they were very busy. Furthermore, the plates kept at the top for breakfast aren't the cleanest. Lastly, on one of the nights I order a chicken burger in the Pub. The waitress initially got me a burger without any chicken in it. Although before I started eating she came back and took the plate away informing me that chef informed her that burger wasn't ready and she had already served it. Overall it was a good hotel with nice facilities, however, there is an enormous scope for improvement in service.

Room Tip: I would recommend to go for Upper deck rooms as other rooms are not as nicer
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank traveller_one2014
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us.

The team and I are passionate about delivering exceptional standards and always aim to ensure that this is reflected in the service you receive. I am sorry we did not live up to this expectation on this occasion.

If you would like to discuss any element of your stay in more detail please do not hesitate to call me on 0871 222 4576.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

recently me and my wife stayed over at this hotel, we were quite happy with the room no complaints in that department. The restaurant and gym facilities were fantastic, however our stay was sullied by a rude, obnoctious and snotty member of staff in the pub.

we only stayed for one drink after being confronted at the bar by one of the male members of staff. personally i wanted to make a complaint there and then but my wife didnt want to make a scene.

if any members of the village workforce decide to read this i will give a description of your staff member as best to my ability. he was a youngish male, no older than 19, brown hair with a petite build. personally i feel staff members should wear name tags so i could name and shame this individual.

this is supposed to be a customer focused company, but this team member in particular didnt seem to comprehend that. its such a shame im having to write such a detrimental review as all other aspects of the stay were spot on. its just a shame one staff member ruined it completely.

i shall not be returning due to this fact and i will most certainly be letting all my work colleague and personal friends and family know not to stay there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple