“Is ok”

Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Reviewed 6 April 2014

stayed one night, arrived at reception, asked for assistance qith my luggage, was told sorry theres no one can help you, we dont even have a luggage trolley, nearly did myself a mischief with my suitcase and four bags, room very 80s in style, bed wasnt a double, was two singles zipped together which sagged in the middle. room was clean and it was quiet, forgot my shampoo, toothpaste and soap and there was no toiletries whatsoever on offer. Stayed for evening meal had chicken, cooked very badly, it was so dry it nearly turned to dust. Breakfast was ok, but a lot of chipped and dirty plates on offer. If you get a cheap deal then worth a stay but not worth full price. In general the hotel is run down and in much need of investment. Id rate the overall experience for my £75 pppn deal as fair/adequate.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the hotel.

I am so sorry that it appears we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion. If you would like to discuss any element of your stay in further detail please do not hesitate to call me directly on 0161 762 6063.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,195)

Reviewed 5 April 2014

So easy to find, easy parking, very convenient for me. I stayed here alone, I found the restaurant staff to be the most welcoming and professional. I was served by many friendly, caring staff suck as Tina, Beth, Matt, and Jordan who all had a very attentive, enthusiastic attitude. The food was great, the bar staff were efficient and the reception staff were very quick with check in, which is what I needed after a 4 hour drive! I'd definitely stay here again. Many thanks.

• Stayed: April 2014
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

Customer Service is something we pride ourselves on here at Village Bury and I am so please you appreciated this throughout your time here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay on a business trip at The Village. I asked for a quiet room following reading previous reviews on trip adviser.
On my arrival on a Sunday evening the place was very lively and there were a large number of Irish people who were staying there because of a home MUTD match. I asked for a quiet room and was given a lovely upper deck room in the annex part. It was very quiet until 1 am and 3am I was woken by drunken men shouting in the corridors.Perhaps they'd have been better in a different part of the hotel with other fans.The rest of the week was fine at night until the Wednesday evening when noisy neighbors had the football highlights on loudly on TV after midnight.I do love footy but not at this time when trying to get to sleep for work.
The room had everything I needed and was cleaned every day with fresh towels.
The leisure facilities were superb as they have a large pool and gym and great fitness classes which they allow guests to book.I can recommend these classes but make sure you book.The staff at leisure were helpful and friendly. You get towels but need a £1 for the lockers.
The hotel has wifi and Sky which is great.
The service at reception was good and friendly and helpful.
They also sorted my heating out immediately for my room.
Ate every night in the hotel. Food was okay but not any healthy choices and some of the side dishes let it down in their taste and flavor. Breakfast was okay.Food could be improved as it wasn't very good.Drinks were very pricey and a glass of wine was £8.50.
The food and the noise stopped this hotel getting an excellent from me.
But as long as not a party or event night it is a comfortable friendly place and would stay again

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if not on a party or event night
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I am so sorry that you felt the noise and food let down what was otherwise a great experience.. Customer service is something we pride ourselves on and I am so pleased you found this exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

the name De Vere normally means really high quality. this place is a very busy and highly used health club and meeting place and hotel. its a 3 star hotel. its good and the staff are fab but the pricing does not reflect the quality of the rooms. you can upgrade to a better room which i did not do
the breakfast is ok - the restaurant could do with a spruce up. all in all average to good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank flanology
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel.

Excellent customer service is something which we pride ourselves on here at the hotel and I am so pleased you appreciated this on your visit.

I am sorry other elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss the matter in further detail please feel free to call on 0161 762 6063.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

At Christmas I put in a bid for a Christmas tree donated by The Village Bury to the Bury Hospice, amongst the many generous gifts there was a night out package.
The package included a tribute night for two, I booked this for my birthday weekend and we were looking forward to the night. The show was cancelled but there was a promise that another event would replace this, we were told less than one week before the event that this was cancelled due to lack of support, we were offered other dates but our diary was full we went ahead with a meal and one night stay only.
Let me say at the outset the staff were excellent from the greeting to our checkout. The accomodation was of a good standard athough quite a confusing hike to the "other building". The evening dinner was mostly ok but spoiled a little by a rowdy group of ladies equipped witb whistles and party poppers. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her food and my first two courses were good but, the rhubarb and ginger crumble was a disaster, I did not eat it.
We had no problems with breakfast at all and decided to stay for a carvery lunch, again the carvery was quite good but again noisy and seating could have been better organised, I had to block access to four tables to pull out my chair and sit down. This carvery is I suppose good for families with small children but not for quiet weekend residents.
Overall I would say a good experience and I would stay again, but I would not have a carvery and I would check the restaurant for noise before having dinner.
Thank you Village for supporting your local hospice.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience here and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. As our restaurant can be quite busy on occasions, I do appreciate you may have found this a litte overbearing.

I understand on the tree you also won a gym membership as well as numerous other vouchers and I do hope you have enjoyed using all of them.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here while visiting friends and family in the area.
Our stay was marred by noise while trying to get to sleep. The first night (Friday) there was a 70's disco function, which meant the room we were allocated to (118) had loud sound bleed until 1am. Thanks Mr DJ for Salt 'N' Pepper, Push It! at 12:35am, Grand Master Flash, White Lines at ~12:45am etc :-/
We asked to move for the second night (Take That Tribute night), and we were allocated a room in the annex on the second floor- Great. Until we tried to get to sleep, and found out the outside metal fire stairs rattling in the wind- arghh.
The breakfast service was over stretched when we went down. When we were allocated a table it hadn't been cleaned properly. The place looks really understaffed.
On the positive side we got a good deal for the 2 nights we stayed- hence score of 3.5.

Suggestions to the hotel- 1) please ask at check-in if the guest is going to the evening function. If not allocate them a 'quieter room'. 2) Get some more staff to cover breakfast.

Room Tip: Check if there are any functions on during your stay. If you want to sleep before 1am, ask for a qui...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Carole H, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

I am so sorry you found the noise intrusive throughout your stay, I can assure you we will definitey look into ways of ensuring this does not happen in the future.

On a positive note, I am so pleased you found your stay good value for money.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed here twice and loved it, the food was lovely, there is a starbucks in reception. the pool was nice and staff were pleasant. It is quite near all the shops and close to motorway. There is a lovely pub that does carvery across the road if you fancy a change and don't have to walk far. The room could do with upgrading I think

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

I am so pleased it appears you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel, as well as all the extra ammenities we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.