“Bank holiday stay”

Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Bury
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed for one night and was slightly disappointed.

Firstly, I'd reserved a double room only to find on arrival that it was in fact two twin beds pushed together.
The room was clean but the heat climbed rapidly. The Windows wouldn't open more than an inch and made no difference to the heat what so ever. I understand about safety regulations but the windows weren't worth opening for any air.

A very early 5:30am wake up call, from what sounded like banging metal together, was not appreciated. Unsure of whether this was the bin men but slightly early on a bank holiday.

Breakfast was great; hot and plenty of choice.

On the whole, a fairly comfortable stay in a nice hotel with great facilities. Very pleasant staff. I would stay again providing i'd get what I'd paid for.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at the hotel.

I am sorry that it appears you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel and. If you would like to discuss any element of your stay further please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0161 762 6063.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,259)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

we stayedd at the village in Bury on saturday last for a family celebration. The first room realy smelled of smoke so rung down to receptiotion and a very nice lady told us she woukd show us to another room, which she did, the room was really nice...BUT the bathroom was so dated and tired and was such a let down to the really comfy bed and facilities in the room!!!! i would say money needs spending on thebathrooms to bring them up to date and to make them modern and to get better housekeeping to keep them clean!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel.

I have passed on your comments regarding the bedrooms to the relevant departments and we will definitely take your feedback on board.

I am pleased that it appears you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night on Easter Sunday. During the day, we went to their Family Easter Lunch, which featured a One Direction tribute band. This was a great family afternoon and our 7 year old had a great time! A 3-course lunch was included and although not the best meal I had ever had it was very tasty and the whole afternoon superb value for money.

Our room had a double bed and a double sofa bed. Because it was Easter, they had left a Chocolate Easter Bunny for our son and a lovely box of chocolates for me. The room was lovely and clean and the bed super comfortable. There was a good selection of teas and coffees in the room and hand wash and shower gel in the bathroom.

We ate in the pub in the evening and although it was busy the service and food was excellent. Also enjoyed a couple of Starbucks while we were there which is a nice little treat.

Breakfast on the Monday was great. Superb choice of cereals, fruit, breads and pastries plus large choice of hot food

The highlight of our stay was having the use of the swimming pool the following day. The facilities were excellent with a great pool and lovely changing rooms and hot showers for after.

All in all a great stay. It is not the most best hotel we have ever stayed in but value for money and service we could not fault it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience.

I am so pleased you chose to spend your Easter break with us, especially as it appears that both you and your son enjoyed our One Direction Family event alongside the other facilities available throughout your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

my friend and I have just spent 5 days here and it has been really good, the room was very clean, the facilities were excellent, the restaurant was great, reception staff were very friendly. wonderful pool, I would definitely stay again. many thanks

Room Tip: we had room 220 nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience.

I am so pleased you enjoyed each aspect of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Just spent the Friday night at the hotel for my sister's hen do - 80's disco explosion. I was a bit worried about our stay, as some of the reviews were a little bit scathing. As a seasoned traveller, I had low expectations. I was thankfully proved wrong. The staff were really lovely throughout our stay. The lunchtime food was really well priced and good sized portions. Our rooms were the more modern updated ones and look really cool. I have a few niggly points though. The signs in the bar area really let the place down. The reception area is modern and cool, then in the bar, there's these Witherspoon style boards everywhere. Does it really need them? Also, we signed up for the spa package and the spa area is tiny! It seems more of an add-on. This area should be expanded upon, maybe utilising the empty bar area downstairs. A low lit, quite spa zone would have been better. But overall I have booked in again for my sister's wedding in a month. Great, vibrant, hotel - you should be proud.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Rachel G, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Bury, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for adding your review on your recent stay at the hotel.

I am so pleased that we managed to surpass your expectations on this occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have stayed here on many occasions and on this occasion I believe this is the poorest of all. The room was OK, meagre tea and coffee facilities (even though a family room) cramped space once the bed was pulled out and for an over £100 per night room - very dissappointing. The next morning after a poor nights sleep, the kids complaining about the bed being uncomfy, I tried it - and yes, horrible - metal ridges from the frame being felt. The breakfast was also very poor too. Less choice again than previous visits, and the food was just luke warm. We not be visiting again, which is a shame as previously this has been a very good brand and had some nice stays here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank John M

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience.

I am sorry that it appears you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. If you would like to discuss any element of your stay further please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0161 762 6063.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have stayed in quite a few of these now on business, generally very good for a large chain hotel, food is always a good standard but I do think the food and drink prices are quite expensive. I think a £3.50 tray charge for room service for a mid week businessman is a bit cheeky. We don't generally like to sit on our own in the restaurant!! The room is decorated well but the decor around most of this hotel is quite dark, the reception, the hall ways the restaurant and especially in the Village Pub is very dark, and the Pub? looks very worn and needs brightening up. The bed was also very hard, The staff were all very friendly, however the bar staff T-shirts and breakfast staff in branded Jeans and t-shirts is in my opinion tacky and does not represent a good professional brand image.

Room Tip: Its worth upgrading to the Upper Deck rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at the hotel.

Customer service is something we take great pride in at the hotel and I am so pleased you noted this during your stay. If you would like to discuss the elements of your stay you feel could be improved, please do not hesitate to email me directly at rachel.goldenfield@village-hotels.com.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bury
Premier Inn Manchester Bury Hotel
Red Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Walmersley
Comfort Inn Manchester North
Premier Inn Manchester (Prestwich) Hotel

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Bury? Share your experiences!