“Lunch time curry”

Thai Corner
Ranked #20 of 422 Restaurants in Bury
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I've visited four times and it's faultless. Food very authentic street style, not to typical uk thick sauced taste. All very fresh and generously portioned. Cute and quirky interior, very good value for money. Love that you can take your own wine or beer for small corkage charge. Highly recommend the green curry with crispy duck and fried rice.

2  Thank MissMadras

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Great to see this cafe set up in such a location. Seems out of place really but adds something different to the market area. It's small and unassuming but boy does it do Thai food well. Before I write about what I ate I have to get something out of the way. As much as I loved the food I found it really odd that it served English breakfast - I suppose it's a way of making a bit more money from clientele who would rather have sausage and egg in a lovely Thai cafe than enjoy some beautifully authentic Thai food.. why oh why.. Anyway I digress... The Food.. my goodness. I had Thai green curry, extra spicy as suggested by another TA reviewer. I've not had green curry like it anywhere in the UK and I've been to a few UK Thai places and paid a heck of a lot more. It was just stunning. The last time I' had such nice green curry was in Thailand (that was the best hands down though). My green curry was full of flavour, spice and mmmmm it was delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I can't wait to go back. Friend had beef stir fry with sweet basil, again lovely. Well done guys. Can't wait to go back !!!

1  Thank worldtraveltoday
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

This place is amazing, you get proper Thai food at a fraction of the price of a restaurant. The staff were nice and very helpful and the location is good also. I would highly recommend.

1  Thank DavidB1966
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Took very discerning friends, who eat out regularly in good quality restaurants. She is also an excellent cook herself.....and they both thought the quality of the food, taste & flavour were excellent....and very good value for money.

This is a little gem of a restaurant/cafe....not much to look at, but boy is the food worth it!

Well worth a trip to Bury, if you need an excuse (Bury is renowned for its excellent market which is a stones throw away from this cafe).

Enjoy!

Reviewed 21 July 2016

the food and service are both fantastic. I've had various dishes and all are top notch. they always make my thai green extra hot for me which is great. we have also been after work for a meal, brought our own wine, and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating, charging small amount for corkage.
yeah its no frills inside, but so what when the food Is so amazing!
long may it continue