“Great budget hotel!”
Review of 247Hotel

247Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed here over the weekend (30th November) as a group of five. We booked two rooms one that had a double bed and three singles and a second room with a double bed.

Location:

The hotel was easy to find and ample parking was provided. Parking was free of charge and we were allowed to leave our car in the car park while visiting Manchester the following day.
Reception were always happy to help and provided access to a direct line to a local taxi firm which charged £15 from Oldham to Manchester (approx 15-20 minute taxi ride)

Checkin:

The hotel was quite busy when we arrived, however reception had two colleagues quickly assisting guests and ensuring everyone was allocated a room. We were also given a small packet of biscuits each to go with our cup of tea in the morning. My friends and I were quite surprised by this as for a budget hotel you usually expect nothing but the most basic!
The staff on the reception desk were very friendly and chatty and made us all feel welcome.

The rooms:

Both rooms were on the 4th floor and easy to access. The rooms were clean with fresh bedding, additional towels and pillows all provided (Travelodge could take a note out of this book! When I book a room for three I expect three bath towels!).
Although a little dated they provided everything you needed for a brief stay in Manchester. A selection of tea and coffees were provided including sachets of Cadburys hot chocolate! :) A real nice touch!
The bathrooms in room 405 and 401 were spotlessly clean, the suites had minor cosmetic damage but were fully functional. We were even provided with a selection of toiletries including shower gel, shampoo and a toothbrush/paste kit. My friends and I were in agreement that these little extras really do make the stay a whole lot nicer. My only complain would be the pressure of the showers, they could have done with being a little faster flowing!
The beds were comfy and easy to fall to sleep in and I was surprised to find I didn't roll towards the middle! The electric heaters in both rooms were fully functional and all of the TV sets worked. The rooms were not air conditioned however unlike most hotels the windows in these rooms opened quite far allowing for a lot of air flow.

Checkout:

Very quick and easy again with exceptionally friendly staff.

Overall:

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel while visiting Manchester for a event at the Arena its close proximity and the fact it was £24 a night instead of £145 like the Travelodge sweetened the deal. For a Saturday night you really can't find cheaper in the area.
The staff at the hotel really were great and a credit to the hotel and I look forward to staying again the next time I visit Manchester.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DarkSacred
James R, Guest Relations Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback. We appreciate all feedback we receive. We are always looking for ways to improve. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Me and my friends stayed for 1 night as place to sleep before heading to Manchester... The room was big enough to accommodate four adults and clean sheets, towels are provided in the room for each persons.. 20minutes drive to the Manchester city. I am definitely considering to stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank nfnadhiraha

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on tripadvisor, t is much appreciated. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Just spent one night at this hotel whilst attending a family event. We had a quick but pleasant stay. Lovely, clean hotel with friendly staff. Splendid value for money. We didn't need breakfast. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: None, room was great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback. It is much appreciated. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

This place could've been really good except for the shower not working in the morning!
The room I was in had a lovely view of the city. It was sparsely decorated but comfortable enough.
After settling in to the room within 10 minutes there was a knock at my door... Some guy was told he was in the same room as me! Then reception called to apologise and finished the call by asking who I was...? Odd... Surely they'd have my name.
Opposite side if the road and down to the right a but is a lovely kebab place! Worth a visit but I'd not eat in...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
James R, Public Relations Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback. It is much appreciated. I do apologise about the slow response. I do assure you that we have taken measures to ensure the issues you experienced are rectified.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

me and my partner stayed 3 nights an thought the staff was great very friendly and the rooms are clean and well presented would deffo stay again, tho this place would benefit from having a proper kitchen and cook for the meals as it seems to be ready meals that we was served for our main meal other than that had a great stay, will recommend to friends

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
James R, Guest Relations Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave a review, it is much appreciated. We are always seeking options to improve our facilities and products. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Room was spacious with a large comfortable bed, plentiful tea and coffee supplies and no-nonsense free wi-fi (no tiresome logging-in process needing name, address, sexual inclinations etc). We did not sample the breakfast but it looked remarkable value at £3 continental or £5 English - a big improvement on the old Travelodge regime.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left hand side of the corridor have best views across Manchester from the heights of Ol...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. It is much appreciated. We have done a major overhaul on the internet system to ensure the best possible connectivity. We are still on going seeking to do improvements in all areas of the hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed twice in one week. Frist time great room, spacious, quiet, good bathroom. Second time, grubby room, noisy corridor (by lift and fire door) and dreadful plumbing - it screeched (as did others on the floor) and took 40 mins to fill half a bath. Management did offer to move me, but had unpacked, slept for a while etc so declined. Breakfast isn't brilliant - stick to cereal and toast as the cooked stuff is watery and tasteless. On balance, if you get a decent room, you can't knock £29.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank paddy999

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I'm sorry for the variable stay quality. I assure you that the slow running tap is not a common issue in the hotel. We had the issue attended to immediately after you departure. We hope to see you again and we will try our best to allocate you in a room located better to your preferences.