“Dean B Great Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Oldham
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Dean B Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have just returned from a weekend stay at the 247 Hotel we had to go up North as my mother in law is very poorly and we needed to travel the 300 mile journey from the south where we live me my husband daughter grandaughter and dog were made very welcome the staff were very friendly and the room was huge and spotless we will definitely be staying there again so convenient to Oldham Rochdale and Manchester and the hotel is the cheapest we have ever stayed in up there so glad we could take our dog for £4 per night ! Who could beat that price .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
James R, Guest Relations Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to leave a comment, it is much appreciated. We look to offer the best service we can and improve in all areas. We hope to see you again and all the best!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Oldham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have stayed at the 247 Hotel and the previously named Travelodge Hotel over the past few years and can give an honest opinion of the hotel in it's present state and the transition from a Travelodge owned hotel.

The staff are friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay.
For e.g., I booked my Niece, Nephews and great Nieces (from E.Sussex) into the 247 to attend a family funeral late last year. They told me that their accommodation was great, clean rooms and the staff were very flexible on allowing more time to vacate their rooms (obviously, if they're very busy then flexibility can be negotiable at a cost).

Improvements since the 247 Hotel people took over are:

Free Wi-Fi in every room and in the dining area (used to have to pay for the Wi-Fi...so much per hour/day)
Reasonably priced drinks, e.g., presently they are selling John Smith's bitter at £1.50 a pint and the usual price per pint is around £2.30 which is fairly good.
Breakfast is cheaper (used to be £7.50 and now around £5.00/£6.00)
They've also started making bacon butties + coffee for £2.50...sounds good.y

My criticism is that you can't order snacks, a range of sandwiches (with chips/salad?) during the day...we don't all want a main meal....

I remember this hotel when it was known as The Avant Hotel with a conference suite attached.

It seems the new owners are in the process of refurbishing the exterior and interior of the conference suite, which makes sense as there is a lack of conference/training rooms in Oldham.

There is a swimming pool also attached...not sure what the new owners are going to do with this as it's currently closed but was frequently used under the Travelodge name.

Erm...that's about it....except that I don't understand the 'serious' negative comments being made...e.g. a complaint from a lady about being treated differently because she was Asian....I've never experienced this, maybe some people have their own agenda. (and...Amina B....it's Asian not "Asain")

I have no interest in this hotel other than I stay here regularly. It's a budget hotel but well run by new staff and great staff from the (old) Travelodge days....

Room Tip: For photographers, try and get a room 317 - 323 looking towards Manchester...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Neil C
Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. It is much appreciated. We love having you! We are also looking into doing sandwiches during the day too! Thanks for leaving a review and all the best!
Oldham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have recently booked a hotel in 247 hotel in Oldham. Where can I start my experience from. Firstly I am asain let's get that clear first.

As I was booking a room the guy I dealt with a was racist guy nothing new this isn't the first time I've experience because everyone that works there is all the same.

It literally took me 15 to check in this is ridiculous. I had to pay for a room as well as put a deposit towards the room.

What was very upsetting was every time any asains books rooms the service providers always book the rooms on the first floor and make several different excuses such as, All Rooms are are booked!
(as if)
I had no choice still had to book the room. however as I checked out after 5 hours a English lady wanted to book a room and straight away she had the choice of which ever room she would want to pick.

This clearly shows how racist the service is towards asain and not English upsetting and disappointed.

TRAVELORGE WAS ALOT BETTER with 100% of customers choices as well as treated equally..
Until 247 hotel took over!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amina B
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback. I apologise for the issues you raised. We have taken steps to allow shorter periods of time to check in. In busy times the rooms available can be limited, especially depending on the room type. I assure you we do not discriminate against any ethnicity, religion or sexuality. We welcome all people. We do hope to see you again in the future. All the best.

Travellers are raving about these Oldham hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Have stayed a few times before when it was Travelodge and it was better back then. Positives: Room was mostly clean (dust and cobwebs in bathroom corners). Slept well. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. Negatives: Would not recommend eating the food they serve. My lasagne was so hard I could barely cut through it with my knife (it had obviously been reheated in the microwave for this to happen). Breakfast staff member was rude and not very customer focused. Overall my 2 night stay was ok, however, the way I was spoken to at breakfast left a sour taste in my mouth and my money going elsewhere next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to leave feedback on tripadvisor. We appreciate all comments left, as it gives us the ability to improve. Firstly, I apologise on the slow response, however we have made action on these comments immediately. Secondly, I apologise for the issues you raised and I assure this is not the level of service we wish to deliver. I have raised the issues you experienced with the relevant departments, and I assure you that we have taken steps to improve the quality and service. We do hope to see you again in the future. All the best!!
Wisborough Green, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Really clean and really friendly hotel . The receptionist (Sharon?) was so welcoming and very helpful and friendly whenever we saw her = a great assett to the hotel. Perfect position for Manchester and Oldham. Reasonably priced. No complaints and will happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Disabled room 306 perfectly functional and very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to leave us feedback on tripadvisor. We appreciate all comments, and we hope to see you again. All the best!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ideal for a night out in Oldham or a couple of nighs stay. No its not luxury but what do you expect for the price? They even provide you with a travel toothbrush/toothpaste which is somthing i havnt found in even the most expensive of hotels !

I shall definately be staying here again

Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We hope to see you again. All the best!
brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

A basic hotel , perfect for a few nights stay . 25-30 mins bus to centre of Manchester (bus stop right outside ) you get what you pay for and for £25-£30 a night for two of us we have no complaints.
Rooms very clean , buffet breakfast for £5 (bargain) reception friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sianyxx
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all comments. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
The Victoria Hotel
Comfort Inn Manchester North
Clough Manor
Clough Manor
#1 of 1 in Denshaw

Been to 247Hotel? Share your experiences!