“Filthy, unfriendly and unserviced rooms - look elsewhere!”
Review of 247Hotel

247Hotel
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed 9 March 2014

When we arrived we had to wait with our bags in the lobby for roughly 20 minutes before we could check in - we were cold and tired and just wanted to lie down. Pretty poor for a hotel.

During our stay our rooms were not attended to or serviced a single time (we stayed 3 nights). We did not have the 'do not disturb' sign up so expected them to be cleaned (it is a hotel, right?). Perhaps this is the norm, given we found what appeared to be public hair in the bed when we checked in. I can only imagine changing the sheets here is a rarity as is servicing the room. As a result we were also left with no tea or coffee for the duration of our stay - a shame as we were working long days and felt just like a cuppa upon returning each evening.

The stay was topped off by a complete lack of water during certain times within the stay. Unacceptable for the hotel and more closely matched with accommodation in a third world country.

On the plus side, the hotel offered to reimburse 2 night's stay, yet this was simply talk and to date we've never seen the money and are now pursuing this with Trading Standards.

The hotel's response when mentioning I would be documenting our experience on Tripadvisor - "hah, we couldn't care less". Pretty much sums up their entire attitude.

No doubt the hotel will be here shortly to deny my claims in their response.

Look elsewhere if you value cleanness, comfort and hygiene.

Room Tip: Avoid them all.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were off to a 50th Birthday bash in Middleton.24/7 was booked ,with a little trepidation via Bookings.com. Don`t know why I was so apprehensive,as it is a smashing little hotel and is amazingly affordable.Towels, shampoo, soap,a sewing kit, toothbrush/paste, biscuits and tea and coffee were in the room.It was clean and comfortable.Car parking and check-in were easy,Staff were excellent and VERY helpful.Had a great nights sleep. TV was available had we needed it. Free phone for taxi was available via Reception Staff,who were all courteous and polite.247....I would recommend and would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: 4th floor is only 1 level above reception area.Very Quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bellydancerG
James R, Guest Relations Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. I will ensure all the staff receive this feedback. We hope to see you again. All the best.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have stayed here for work, twice a week, every week since December 2013. The rooms are always clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the food is reasonable. It has never been "palatial", but more than adequate, with no real complaints. There's nothing in the area, but as it's for work it doesn't matter. Sadly, as they are now becoming more popular (was due to the good price), they have now started increasing the prices (supply and demand, apparently), which means I won't be staying any more. I suspect they will start to lose quite a few more regulars. But, if it's a quick stay, cheap(ish), clean, close to motorways you're looking for, this will do just fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaun L

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment. Our base rate, with the exception of a few busy nights, has been the same. We love to have our regulars, if give us a call we can offer you the best rate. We are sure we will see you again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

A nice hotel, just basic but clean and even toothbrushes for you. The lady on reception at 6 in the morning was very apologetic to us as the smoke alarm went of through the nite but at least it woke us up, and then it went of again , we would stay here again very cheap.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAK1961
James R, Guest Relations Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking time to leave a comment. I do apologise for the fire alarms. This was brought up with our fire system technician. Again, thank you very much and we will be happy to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I feel the great value for money is definitely worth taking the time out to praise.

I have now stayed twice, planning a 3rd this week. The price is amazingly affordable. It was very surprising to find all the extras you would normally find in a room at least double the price (towels, shampoo, sewing kit, toothbrush/paste, biscuits and tea and coffee).

The cleaning standard was very good indeed, surprisingly good. Only a few small areas that might make a positive difference; the windows inside and outside look like they need some attention on both visits and in different rooms and possibly bleach to be used in the bathrooms where there is normal bathroom stains between the grout/sealant.

Booking in was very good, the reception staff are friendly and very helpful. It was a quick and easy book in.

I have eaten on both occasions, ordering at the bar and it was brought up to the room kindly by the staff. This service was very good and the food was delicious. Could I suggest that the food is covered up when it is brought from the kitchen to the room - not least to avoid stains/spillages/accidents but to stop the food being exposed to everything it passes onroute and reduce fast temperature drops. Excellent value for money though and generous portions. A good variety on offer.

I had breakfast on one of the stays but decided not to the second time. It is good enough value indeed but just a few small niggles (dried fruit/canned fruit rather than fresh fruit, the fridge with yoghurts in was not cold and the bread for toast was slightly stale). The lady whom served breakfast was lovely though, friendly and jovial (looks like she will be expecting a bundle of joy some time soon). Again, very affordable.

Car parking is great, plenty of spaces. I imagine I will be returning anytime I need a room in Manchester. The positives far outweigh any small areas for improvement.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kjr04
James R, Guest Relations Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback, It is much appreciated. Thank you for leaving us feedback on some areas in which we could improve. We will take this on board to ensure a better stay! All the best! We will see you on your next stay!

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

As a contractor I stay away a lot. This hotel is clean, very comfortable with friendly helpful staff. My room was made up everyday and tea and coffee topped up. Free phone for taxis. Asked for extra biscuits and got them too.
I'm there next week again.
Good work 247.

Stayed: February 2014
James R, Guest Relations Manager at 247Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment, It is much appreciated. It's great to hear you will be back next week! We will see you next week!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Most of the staff were lovely- bar staff great couldnt go out of their way to help, A* great customer service skills, house keeping staff cleaned the hotel superbly my main qualm however was the reception lady (paula i think) were did you find this woman? She has no idea as to what constitues as customer service, over my stay i witnessed her being rude, incompetent in regards to money handling, having a pet in the form of a dog behind reception, and for me the worst, having an ununiform man behind reception (behind which they were both drinking alchol) i find this totaly unacceptable and i will neither be staying again nor recomending this hotel based on my experience with this bufoon of a supervisgor who couldnt handle baisic requests. Regards.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment on tripadvisor. It's great to hear that, for the most part, you enjoyed your stay. I apologise for the other portion of your experience. The staff member in question is loved by all guests, so it is very unusual and shocking to see a comment made like this about her. I assure you I will investigate into the issue as this does appear to be an isolated event. We hope to see you again, All the best!