“Excellent value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 247Hotel

247Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Oldham
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed here last night 24th may it was a lovely hotel yes the outside needed a bit of work and it was a pain to have to go round the island when u was coming from Manchester but the rooms were lovely and clean the staff could not do enough for you cant ccomment on the food as we ate out due to being busy and going out sightseeing and going to a concert in Manchester but it seemed very reasonably priced and drinks were cheaper then some of the pubs we had been to in Manchester city center check in was easy and so was checking out the room was very clean and smelt really nice it had everything in u needed including a tv free WiFi and even t and coffee making facilities in the room which some hotels do not have. I even noticed that u were able to take dogs into this hotel which I think is great cause there are not many hotels that will cater for 4 legged guests we will definitely stay here again you need to open a few more of these great value friendly hotels all over the country

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. For a night out in manchester quad room 12.99 each perfect for a night out. Breakfast a fiver basic but did the job. Taxi into manchester. Center 30 between 4 people hotel comfy beds and quite. Hotel bar reasonable drink prices and free parking. Def worth the money !!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The best thing I can say for this hotel is the free wifi was good and the receptionist was really friendly but that's where it ends the room was filthy blood stains on the floor and a bloody hand print on the door to the bathroom. There was a dead fly in the bed and hairs everywhere in the beds in the bath everywhere ! We went as a group of friends to watch a concert in Manchester and the room was really cheap but you definitely get what you pay for! We were woken at 4am by a drunk guest we guessed but didn't know. She was banging on the door next to us screaming and shouting obscenities it was disturbing she was there for at least half an hour and no one came to remove her ,eventually the police came. We got hardly any sleep, all I can say is if you can't afford anything better then your in trouble. Honestly don't recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Oldham hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I'm afraid my title says it all - the wifi is good and free in the room.
Half the hotel seems to be in the process of demolition. Although they do have an elevator, it is claustrophobic. The rooms are bare with leaky windows, no view and inadequate heating. The shower is way too complicated and weak. The hot water screams and echos throughout the corridors. The fire doors are constantly banging all night. The restaurant is deplorable. The bar is minute. All in all, my title says it all - good wifi.
PS the location is almost inaccessible.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a heater that works, a view and well away from the fire doors. I don't think th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I only find out about the hotel through my sons friend who stays there when she's in Manchester, as I needed to find a hotel in Manchester at short notice for a funeral.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful to me. When I checked in they gave me the option of having my room on the same floor as reception as I use walking sticks to get around, rather than having to use the lift to get to my room.
The Meals that I had when I was in the hotel were excellent.
The rooms were clean and tidy. One thing I did notice was that only some of the rooms have a phone in them. My room didn't(which really didn't matter, as I was next to the reception), but the room my daughter and son in law stayed in did.
The money I saved staying here compared to the prices at other budget hotel chains wanted when I checked paid the travel costs of getting to Manchester and back for myself, daughter and son in law.
This was the first time I'd stayed in this hotel and I will defiantly be staying there when I go back to Manchester.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrew S
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Simple and basic hotel - our stay started off with dirty plates outside our room (this however was quickly dealt with when we complained) room was a bit small and cramped we ended up here due to booking a late easter break and couldn't get anywhere closer to the city center for less or equal money. Walls are paper thin can hear everything from other rooms but clean towels on arrival and the next day an okay stay. Ruined by other guests being extremely loud and noisy from 10pm until 1am at which point we phoned reception to ask them to be quiet which they did so very quickly. Obviously such things are beyond hotel control but it still impacted on our visit. Next time we are going to plan our trips away from home with a bit more forethought.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel unless you really need to be in oldham on Manchester road then stay here but...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lee D
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Looks a mess from the outside. Check in ok, corridors to rooms look like crap, room very basic...the whole thing has seen better days...but for £29 per night you get what you pay for....good nights sleep, free wifi.....would use again for that rate..prefer premier inns for the same money if booked in advance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business