“Excellent value hotel which gets the basics right”
Review of 247Hotel

247Hotel
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was not expecting too much from a good value booking made online. It was a surpass to find how helpful the staff were at all times. Pauline was the last person I spoke to and she carried out the checking out process. The rooms are clean with no frills but bath and shower were excellent, the rooms clean, TV and Wifi were available and there was even an ironing board in the room. Guests could use the laundry room and the hotel had a bar and restaurant for guests.

I stayed in both a double and a single room and both had double beds. There was ample parking for guests around the hotel premises too. I was working and just needed a comfortable stay and food from the restaurant after a day's work. The food was workmanlike and prepared on the spot. Room service was available at no extra cost and ordering a meal in the bar area would guarantee that it arrived in your room some 15 minutes later.

I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Oldham or people needing a place that is convenient to Manchester. I had no concerns with staff and they were all helpful to a fault without being obsequious. Well done! to all at Hotel 247. I hope to stay again and I have no hesitation in recommending your hotel to my friends and family. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Whilst the bed was large and comfy, the bathroom and food could do with some work. Mould on the tiles above the bathroom door. The breakfast whilst a self serve was quite a horror and quite likely led us to a hospital visit as shortly after my daughter complained of stomach pains so we took her to a walk in centre, which whilst on route my son vomited and my partner had to run to the loo. The hash browns had a strange flavour and the sausages seemed a little off.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I must be honest and state that I have stayed here now quite a few times. I feel it's very simple to review to be honest. I never eat or have eaten there so that takes that bit out of the way. The staff are fantastic. Very polite and they seem to remember you which is always a nice touch in my opinion. It's always clean and comfortable. Wifi is free and you get good solid download speeds to stream films ect. To sum up the furnishing you have to think Travel lodge and you have got the picture. Value for money is what pushes this hotel into the 5 star section for me. If your expecting a country retreat with four poster beds you'll be disappointed. But if you need somewhere in the manchester area that is easy enough to find and that is cheap with easy access to the trams. You should find Hotel 24/7 to your liking.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TheMrWales
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We needed somewhere close to a party venue for one night and this came up in our internet search. We weren't looking for somewhere particularly fancy or special, just somewhere reasonable to put our heads down for the night. As it turned out this was more than we expected. We anticipated a clean and comfortable place and it was all of that and more.
First up, it's very secure - you need a room key just to access the lifts and stairs to the rooms. Our room was a double with a skylight so was brigtht and airy overlooking the car park at the front, fairly close to the main road, but this wasn't a problem and traffic noise was minimal.Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room as advertised, as was free WiFi. The bathroom was basic but adequate with shower and bath and again very clean with adequate towels, shampoos etc. We had a couple of drinks in the cafe bar by the reception before heading out for the night and were surprised by the prices - very reasonable for a hotel. The reception has a direct link to a taxi firm which had us thinking 'a monopoly - this is going to expensive', but it wasn't and the taxi was bang on time with a very helpful and friendly driver. As for the reception and bar staff - pleasant and helpful throughout.
We had the full English breakfast in the cafe bar the following morning, which was very good for £5 as it also included the continental breakfast, fruitjuices, tea and coffee.
And that was it. We didn't investigate the local area (there didn't appear to be too much there) - it's about 3 miles from Oldham and 7 from Manchester city centre, which is apparently easily accessible from the tram stop just a short walk around the corner from the hotel.
We had a very pleasant stay with no complaints and consider this hotel to be great value for money, and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

we wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay whilst spending the night in Manchester for a friends birthday. we were apprehensive having read some of the previous reviews - no worries at all, we were welcomed by very friendly staff and were quickly unpacking in our room. not the biggest room but very clean as was the bathroom - free coffee/tea/biscuits - free wifi - free parking lots of hot water and a 20 minute drive into central Manchester - all for £45,00 for 4 people what can I say. arrived back after a great evening out we had 2 single beds and a king size no one wanted to get up in the morning as the beds were so comfortable. we were not disturbed by any noise despite the hotel being full of hen/stag parties and families good stay all round did not try the breakfast but the dining room was packed out.

Room Tip: we had room 106 a family room which was fine for the 4 adults in our group
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After a loooong 6 hour trip I got to the hotel and was immediately handed two packets of biscuits. I could have hugged the gent at the desk! The staff were very helpful when I asked for directions and I was made to fell very welcome. My room was big enough for three, with soap, tea and coffee and nice clean linen and towels. ONLY £29!!!! I've paid much more for less value and service. A bar and cafe on site was a welcome surprise. Very happy!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I came down with friends for a night out and enjoyed my stay and only had to pay £10 each which is a bargain. We got a family room which was clean and a good size, with a nice bathroom. Breakfast was average but cant complain for £5. Staff were lovely, just one thing i didnt like was the doors being to heavy ao they were very loud when shutting, all in all would stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends