“Food ok”

Ranked #226 of 304 Restaurants in Oldham
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I visited here with my husband for lunch today. We have been here several times since it opened and the food is usually alright, not fantastic but ok! It was much the same today. The restaurant was not at all busy but wet waited quite a while for our food. My husband had fish, chips and mushy peas and I had scampi, chips and mushy peas. There was a lot on the plates and it was alright apart from the mushy peas which were dried up and tasteless. It is ok for a quick meal out as a family but not for an occasion. The restaurant is also tired looking and in need as a refurb! I visited the toilets for the first time and out of five cubicles, two had the toilet seats sitting on the floor at the side of the toilet and one had no toilet paper! However, they did look clean!
I can't say we won't go back as it is very convenient for a quick meal but there are a lot of places to eat in the area which are a lot better - both food wise and decor wise!

2  Thank mokey552

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Called in to night after a day out, excellent meal, excellent service..I have no idea why people complain about this place...£18.00 for TWO meals..well cooked, well served, all round good experiance.

To all the moaners and groaners out there..if you want haute cuisine, then go and pay the fancy prices at some of the city gourmet restaurants and luxury hotels, I have been there and done that...prefer the Kingfisher any day.

Will be back again soon

1  Thank Trevor S
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch, half twelve on a Sunday, not ever so busy; very poor service, long wait for order to be taken, only seemed to be one waitress overseeing the outside tables. Someone else came to take the order after the husband had gone inside to order only to be told he couldn't and would have to wait. Order wasn't written down, drinks came and were wrong. Bill arrived before the food, apparently if you sit outside you can't have a tab, we should have been told that, the waitress with the bill said, but we weren't. Food arrived fairly quickly, ribs and chicken were ok, but chicken and bacon salad had no dressing on it, nor the promised croutons, and the chicken was dry, so the dog had that when we got home. Probably not even 1 rasher of bacon in the salad. Other people left while we were there not having been able to order. All in all, I can honestly say I've had better service in McDonalds. Won't be going back.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Come here again today to give it one last chance of changing our minds as the food is OK once it eventually arrives. Every time me and my partner have been we have been told to sit ourselves down. Then waited about 20 minutes before eventually getting up and ordering our own drinks at the bar as nobody had even noticed us. There are uncleared tables of food everywhere, once we eventually get somebodies attention to take our food order it's easily an hour to an hour and a half untill we are eating. Terrible terrible service and to top it all off I was short changed after paying my bill. Offended is how I was left feeling after my trip to the Kingfisher.

1  Thank Chelseagalley
Reviewed 9 May 2014

besides it's nickname of The Pingfisher due to the microwave meals - they employ agressive bar sales ("will those be doubles?" when ordering shorts for friends - you'd look tight if you say no), and then the worst fish & chips I have ever encountered, cold and undercooked fish and 'bitty' chips made from the leftover shards of potato. The tables were dirty and it's more like a Creche with a bar there are so many noisy kids running round. Don't waste your time or money here
If you go another 100 yards past Tesco there's a fantastic real ale pub that serves proper food - The Wellington.

3  Thank Michael H