“One Night Stay”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Oldham
Mansfield, United Kingdom
“One Night Stay”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Me and my wife stayed for one night in the above we the staff very helpful and friendly, the room wasn't luxurious but very comfortable and clean. I would compliment the hotel on the meals we had both dinner and breakfast was superb and I might add if you order burgers or sandwiches I hope you have a very large appetite because they are huge very filling .I also would thank the staff for honesty as I left my credit cards in the desk drawer which were sent to my home at no cost to me by registered mail and I received them the next day. Well done Smokies staff you have our vote and we will stay again all the best to all Regards Mr & Mrs Newton Mansfield

Room Tip: My tip for staying is try them all we had ground floor double ( BRILLIANT)
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Larry N

Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit with your wife. I shall pass on your kind comments about your clean & comfortable room to the housekeeping team as they work very hard to keep high standards in our busy hotel.

I was also pleased that you found the team helpful and friendly throughout your stay. Finally, thank you for your review of our restaurant, enjoying both your evening meal and breakfast with us. I shall pass on your feedback to the chefs who take great pride in their work and will be very pleased to hear that you found your meals superb..

I am glad that we were able to help in returning your credit card.

I do hope you return again soon

BEST WESTERN Smokies Park Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Really nice clean hotel rooms were great size and bed was massive great shower also. Staff were very friendly especially the blonde receptionist is
And she was a hottie. Food was great. Would defo come back and stay again if workin in the area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Heatpumpinstaller
Dear Heatpumpinstaller

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room & bed were a good size and very clean. I shall pass on your comments about our friendly staff, especially the blonde receptionist.

I am also pleased you enjoyed your meal and that you would like to come back.

Thanks again

Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We booked this because of its convenient location and were not disappointed, the room was clean and adequate, friendly helpful staff. We had problem with the heating in our room and were offered an upgrade free of charge to an executive room which was really great in fact we will pay extra next time to stay in this room it was lovely, jacuzzi bath, huge bed lots of nice little extra touches and a great view. The bar area was particularly nice with lots of big leather sofas I think I would have been quite happy staying in this hotel by myself which I do have to do occasionally. A very enjoyably stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Pinkdimond

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased that you found the hotel well located for your visit to the area. We are well situated for Manchester, as well as many areas in greater Manchester.

Whilst you booked with us due to our location, I am pleased that you found more reasons to stay again, finding your room clean, the staff friendly & helpful. I am sorry that you had problems with your heating but am pleased that your were looked after with a free upgrade.

As you mentioned, our bar is a very warm & friendly place to relax. We often think about having it totally refurbished but I would not want to loss that homely feeling.

I do hope we see you again

desktop
Reviewed 20 October 2013

STAYED HERE on Sat 19 Oct - fabulous hotel, spotless, very friendly and helpful staff, lovely restaurant and good food, rooms very comfortable although bathroom a little dated. Would definitely recommend and restaurants-visit ):

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear juliemac

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, finding your room clean & comfortable and the staff helpful. We are always carrying out refurbishments, with our bathrooms as part of that program.

I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us at eat@smokies. We have a new menu going live at then beginning of November, keeping all our guests favourites and adding some great new dishes.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business meetings great breakfasts and friendly staff lovely rooms and handy for motorway.
Also been for Christmas parties again very good.
Good selection of beers and wines.
We have used this for business clients who all say how nice it is.

• Stayed June 2013
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear Steverodo

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and that every time the team are friendly, you like your room and enjoy breakfast.

I am very proud to hear that you bring your business clients to stay with us and they too are well looked after.

We are looking forward to hosting our " Narnia" Christmas parties and I would recommend you book on very soon if you want to come as many dates are filling up fast.

Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Smokies Park is a great example of how a Best Western should be run. As a Diamond member of the rewards scheme, I am supposed to get an upgraded room whenever possible along with various other benefits. Smokies is the first Best Western I've stayed at that has actually honoured this agreement.

As a result, I stayed in an Executive room on the top floor. The room was spacious, clean and well laid out. The bathroom boasted a fantastic shower with plenty of hot water at a great pressure (be careful - you might take the skin off your back!).

Additionally, the restaurant offers excellent quality food in a pleasant atmosphere. It's a bit of an excursion to get to the restaurant from the main hotel - I've stayed here before and not realised that there was a separate restaurant from the bar - but just keep following the corridor and signs and you'll find it eventually. It's well worth the walk!

Room Tip: An Executive room is well worth the price - even better if you get the free upgrade from the Rewards...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rocketeer007
Dear Rocketeer007

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that we look after you and as a Diamond Best Western reward member we do our best to upgrade you. The Best western rewards scheme is free to join and the more you use any of the hotels the more points you get to use on a variety of rewards.

I was pleased that you liked your executive room, finding it clean, spacious, well laid out and a very powerful shower. I shall pass on your comments to the housekeeping team.

I am glad to hear that you visited our restaurant finding the food excellent, served in a pleasant atmosphere. Sorry to hear that on previous visits you were not aware of its location. As you mentioned you go through the hotel bar and there is a corridor down to the restaurant, which I would agree is well worth a visit.

Manchester
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We got married here a couple of weeks ago and had our meal here & evening buffet & disco., we had a lovely time the staff are very helpful & friendly, the food was excellent as was the service throughout the meal, we had the Compton suite which was a lovely room also the complimentary bridal suite, all our guests praised the hotel and we would certainly recommend it for a wedding reception or party, cant praise the staff high enough they do a wonderful job.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bubblesbonbon
Dear Bubblesbonbon

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and the service you received on your wedding day. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meal and evening buffet in our Crompton Suite and all your guests were looked after.

The team here really enjoy looking after weddings and would like to thank you for letting us help make your day special.

BEST WESTERN Smokies Park Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
#10 of 12 in Oldham
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne

Been to Best Western Hotel Smokies Park? Share your experiences!