“Excellent hotel ”

Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay very clean and comfortable. There is a bar and restaurant with excellent food and drinks choice.
Alternately you can go on the main road and different restaurants and takeaways are available.
Breakfast was included Buffett style help yourself to whatever you fancy plenty of choice available.
Overall I enjoyed my stay and will return again in the future.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MEMSTA
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you liked the hotel, finding it clean and comfortable. I shall pass on your kind words to the chefs, who really appreciate such feedback

I do hope we see you again soon

Reviewed 19 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Always good and great staff, what more can i say? Always good and great staff, what more can i say? Always good and great staff, what more can i say? Always good and great staff, what more can i say? Always good and great staff, what more can i say? Always good and great staff, what more can i say? Always good and great staff, what more can i say? Always good and great staff, what more can i say? Always good and great staff, what more can i say? Always good and great staff, what more can i say?

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Neil D

Dear Neil D

Thank you so much for your review. It seems to me that you feel we are "Always good and great staff, what more can you say".

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here for three nights, the rooms were very comfortable especially the bed. Did not eat here but had two drinks at the bar, wine and pint and came to £10.10! A bit steep. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is a bus stop opposite the hotel which can take you into Ashton to catch the train or tram into the centre. The only down side is that the paint is flaking in some places and the interior decoration is looking a bit tired.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AngelaM007

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I was pleased to hear that you found your room and bed comfortable. In terms of our drink prices, we do our best to remain competitive with other hotels but we are more expensive than pubs but feel we do offer a very different service 24 hours a day, with a very large drink menu and wine holding. Also our costs continue to rise in every area of the business and we do best to minimise the impact this has on price increases but sometimes they are unavoidable. Hope you understand but thank you for letting me know.

We do continually refurbish our hotel and am sorry that you found flaking paint in some areas. We have had a massive focus on our bedrooms, restaurant and wedding suites this year and will be looking at the bar, more bedrooms & bathrooms next year.

Nice to hear you found the travel network good to get into Ashton and Manchester.

I hope we see you again soon

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We had our wedding in the eat restaurant on a Thursday the food was brilliant the staff were brilliant and we had a fantastic day followed by a stay in a superior room. Thanks to vicky and her team for making our day special.

Mr and mrs davies.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank lynsd123

Dear Wedding reviewer

Thank you so much for your review. We really enjoy hosting weddings and love hearing that we did a good job. We have three very different rooms, catering from small intimate weddings to very large ones. Our eat...@smokies restaurant is a fantastic location for an intimate wedding, as it is very fresh looking with large windows looking out to our garden area.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your wedding breakfast and shall pass on your kind words to Vicky and her team.

BEST WESTERN Smokis Park Hotel

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This could be a longer sort of story, but stay with me. I had a meeting on the 25th October and for various reasons couldn't prepare for it until the day of 24th October. I had booked Smokies for the first time for that night. Realising I needed a place to work for all day - and I needed room to be joined by a colleague - I asked could they help. No problem at all to the staff, a welcoming small boardroom was made available to me from 9am. They fed me at appropriate times, watered me well with coffee and mineral water, and when disaster struck at 4.15, when I suddenly discovered I needed to hire a projector and screen, again it was absolutely not a problem for the exceptionally helpful receptionist, who pointed us in the right direction, made phone calls and so on. We left the boardroom about 7pm, very gratefully, to be told there was no charge because the room hadn't been booked, they weren't going to use it anyway. The bedroom itself was large and comfortable, the evening meal was very good, and the bar staff were very friendly - breakfast was really good - but the outstanding thing about this hotel is the friendliness and helpfulness everywhere. I am so grateful to them, and if the meeting turns out as well as I hope it did, I'll be there a lot next year. I certainly will repay their helpfulness by not staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank NHGuru

Dear Reviewer

I am so pleased we were able to help get a good days work achieved. We have many different size meeting rooms catering from 1 to 400. I am very proud to hear how well the receptionist looked after you and will make a special point of thanking her.

I am glad that you also liked your meals with us and found your room large and comfortable.

I do hope we see you again

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed at Smokies Park overnight whilst visiting friends. The room was of a good size, the bed was comfortable and the shower was invigorating. The restaurant is nothing to look at but the food, both evening meal and breakfast, was good. The hotel was clean and tidy throughout and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. We would be quite happy to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you liked your room size ,the comfortable bed and the shower. I shall on your comments to all the front of house team and chefs, who love to hear from guests that like their cooking and service.

I do hope we see you again

BEST WESTERN Smokies Park Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
#1 of 1 in Denshaw
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne

Been to Best Western Hotel Smokies Park? Share your experiences!