“Short stay to family party”

Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Oldham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Witham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Despite this being a business stay I would recommend this hotel for it's warm welcome, cleaniness and excellent food. I wanted a place close to Manchester that could offer value and closeness to the city without paying City prices. Only slight problem was the car-park but thats because it was busy both Friday & Saturday and popular.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Chris H

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was so pleased to hear that you found our hotel clean, the welcome warm and the food excellent. I am sorry that the car park was busy but we do have an overflow car park next to the hotel when the hotel is very busy.

Our location is idea for those guests that wish to be close to the city but not that close that they get hit with high car parking charges and bedroom rates.

Rotherham, England
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My Fiance and myself stayed here this weekend we went to the Tinie Tempah gig at the 02 in Manchester and it being considerably cheaper than any hotel in Manchester.

It was approx 30 mins to both the 02 and the Trafford Centre so was positioned well.

Upon arrival we noticed there was a wedding reception on, and a 60th birthday party so we were sceptical when given a downstairs room with Windows overlooking the carpark as noise had been an issue for us in previous hotels of this nature, however there was no problem this time.

The hotel certainly isn't as nice as other best westerns we have stayed in , but it certainly served a purpose, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Adam swfc

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the Tinie Temph concert and glad that you found the location of our hotel well positioned for the arena and Trafford centre.

I was also pleased to hear that the functions on in the hotel did not cause you can issues.

I do hope we see you again next time you are in the Manchester area

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed 2 nights and had a great time! Lovely room, friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast! We also had Dinner in the restaurant on Saturday night. The food was exceptional and great value for money! Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, even though they had a large wedding reception in one function room and a 90th birthday party in the other!

This was our first stay at Smokies, Oldham - but we have family nearby and will certainly stay here in future. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Room 308 on the second floor for great views and a peaceful night's sleep!
Dear 611DominicF

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased you had a nice weekend with us, liking your room, the service, breakfast and evening meal, I can't really hope for much more praise than this.

I am glad that you were not disturbed by the 2 functions we had on in the hotel during your stay

Hope we see you again soon

Yateley, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We have stayed at Smokies several times a year for the past 10 years and now find it is getting a bit shabby. Wedding party still making a lot of noise at 5am - much shouting and drinking, therefore unable to get any sleep. Was not aware the Bar is now 24 hours. Normally, all is quiet after 1am on a Saturday night but this time was exceptionally bad.

Dear Anne W

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear from a regular guests that is unhappy. I just wanted the chance to explain that as a hotel, our bar has always been available when ever our guests need it. This does not excuse you receiving a bad nights sleep, as we have a night team to control the guests behaviour and help minimise the noise. We do host lots of functions and they are rarely a problem, as you have experienced over the years.

I do hope we see you again soon as I would like you to see the improvements we are making.

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Well presented hotel with excellent reception staff. Bar staff lack interest in their job, but are efficient enough, but I expect better for the price of the drinks. Executive rooms are a bit on the small size due to the sloping ceiling on one side. No Wi-Fi available I the room - big mistake. Breakfast is excellent and the staff very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Brian A

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Firstly, I was pleased to hear that you found the hotel well presented and the reception staff excellent. I am sorry that you were less than satisfied with the bar team and I shall be meeting with them to discuss this.

I am also sorry that we had issues with the Wi-fi during your stay. We have invested in the system to avoid such issues but it is not full proof but I have passed on the issue to our I.T supplier to address.

We have a variety of executive rooms, that are different in shape and size. They all have superior fixtures and fittings, with a modern bathroom and are placed all together on a corridor on the top floor. I am sorry you found your room smaller than expected but I do hope you still found the room a good size and of a very good quality.

It was also nice to hear how much you enjoyed your breakfast

Thanks again

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My Saturday night stay was extremely comfortable and quiet, affording me a good rest as requested from their pleasant reception staff. The room was excellent, with a modern flat screen TV complementing a comfortable bed and excellent shower. Comparable with a 4* hotel. The staff were cheerful and extremely helpful and gave you a warm welcome. I asked for a quiet room and it certainly was.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Dear rods350

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you got a restful night, finding your room nice, comfortable bed and powerful shower.

Whilst we are a three star hotel, I was pleased that you found us comparable with a 4 star. We do strive to be the best we can be and the team here are certainly 5 star (in my opinion).

Hope we see you again soon

BEST WESTERN Smokies Park Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel

Been to Best Western Hotel Smokies Park? Share your experiences!