Was booked into smokies after being evacuated from my home due to a mill behind my home being demolished and it was unsafe for me to stay at home.
I had 2 friends visiting at the time so had to put all 3 of us in hotel.
Firstly none of the wifi was working,plus mobile reception is no good, the receptionist and manager did move us but that was even worse soon as we walked into the corridor all we could smell was damp, the manager informed us it was because someone had at some point blocked the plug hole in the bath and flooded the hotel, but it actually smelt like it had been damp for a while.
We actually decided to check out and not stay as the smell actually made my friend feel sick and she was unable to keep in contact with her mum that was actually looking after her daughter while she was away.
The staff did try to help but just felt like we couldn't stay after smelling the damp on the ground floor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Manchester on the A627, between Oldham and Ashton-under-Lyne, with Manchester City Centre and Manchester Airport only a short drive away. Each of the delightfully furnished and spacious en-suite bedrooms are complete with 32" Flatscreen Freeview TVs, direct dial telephone and Free Wi-fi, hairdryer, garment press and tea and coffee making facilities, Free Parking and all the facilities you would expect from a modern, comfortable hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hotel Smokies Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Oldham
- Best Western Smokies Park
- Oldham Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Smokies Park Oldham, Greater Manchester