“What an excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park

BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Oldham
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“What an excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently stayed here on business with some colleagues. The hotel is well placed with good road links for appointments in Manchester and the surrounding areas. We were actually lucky enough to stay a couple of nights. We were all delighted with our rooms. The room that I had was fantastic, spotlessly clean, wifi, lovely big TV, mini bar and a large comfy bed. The restaurant was perfect as it meant that we could eat at the hotel rather than having to out looking for food and it was very good value for money. The breakfast is a buffet and I would recommend this especially the sausages. We all found the staff to be exceptional. The Manager was very welcoming and active. There was a large footballing dinner on whilst we were there and he made sure that we were looked after and not adversely effected in any way. Excellent!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the executive floor if they have any available.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Tripoway

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for all your kind words. I am pleased to hear that you were well looked after, enjoying your room, dinner, breakfast and stay in general. We did have a large event on during your stay and was so glad that this did not have a negative impact .

I shall pass on your kind words to the team and again thank you for writing your review

BEST WESTERN Smokies Park Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here over the park life weekend and it was great lovely staff who didn't mind dealing with drunk idiots till the early hours of the morning hotel is clean and tidy and the bar serves decent grub

Room Tip: Dont go here when there are any music festivals or gigs in Heaton park
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rob S
Dear Rob S

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, finding the team helpful and effective looking after other guests who had been drinking until the early hours. It is very hard to look after all our guests who are with us for many different reasons but we do our best.

Grimsby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Best Western Hotel in Oldham.
The staff were really friendly and couldnt do enough for me. They happily came to my room when I had a problem using my security card to enter my room and then show me how to use it to operate the lights. The bedroom was excellent and the bed was so comfortable I had a good 3 nights sleep. The food was really good too. I would recommend Best Western to all who need overnight accommodation while staying in the Oldham area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan G
Dear Alan G

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and I was so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry you had problems using your key to enter the room and then use the lights but I am glad that reception were on hand to help you.

I am pleased you found your room comfortable and that you had 3 good nights sleep. I shall pass on your kind comments to all the hotel and kitchen team and hope we see you again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stay in Smokies Park most weeks on business. This is a really nice hotel if you are looking for somewhere to stay in Oldham/Ashton and even Manchester. Rooms are large and well furnished. I suppose furnishings are a matter of taste , but are certainly more homely than the rather bland Premier Inn type accommodation. Wifi is available in most rooms(it can be patchy) and is free of charge. No problems with wifi access in bar or restaurant. The restaurant provides good food of the steak/chicken/burger variety. However the chef usually has two or three specials each night which can be very tasty. I've had Pork in an Orange sauce and peppered chicken in a bed of rice, both of which have been really good and would be worthy of a hotel with more stars. Breakfast is buffet style and really superb.The fried eggs are lovely and runny with nice whites ie not over fried and plastic like some other hotels! Bacon is lovely and crisp and non greasy. I've stayed in quite a few hotels and the breakfast here cannot be beaten if you are looking for the standard English breakfast. I believe they will also do porridge for you. However the main point is that the staff are very friendly. I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They have executive rooms which certainly have nice bathrooms, however I find that the standard room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Russell196201
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Russel 196201

Thank you so much for your kind review and for choosing to stay with us on so many occasions. I feel your title " A great homely Hotel", describes us very well, as we always do our best to treat guests as individuals and try and give them a home from home feeling whilst having to be away from their family.

I am so pleased that you enjoy dining with us in the evening and at breakfast finding the food good and the staff friendly.

I shall pass on your kind comments to the head chef who takes great pride in his main menu and the daily specials.

Thanks again

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed overnight following a wedding function. There was a lovely atmosphere at the hotel and the staff were very helpful adn friendly throughout. Our room was spacious, lovely and clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the second floor, facing towards Ashton-under-Lyne town centre. The outlook...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anne H

Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed the wedding you attended. I am so pleased you liked our hotel finding the staff friendly and your room spacious & clean.

I do hope you come back to visit us again

Hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here overnight while visiting the Etihad stadium for Rugby League's Magic weekend. Was in a convenient location and we were pleased with our rooms, they were spacious, clean and comfortable. Toiletries were provided as were tea and coffee. The staff were friendly and helpful. I can't comment on the food as we didn't eat there but we did have a few drinks after the game and the bar area was, again, clean and a comfy place to sit. I mistakenly thought I had left my mobile phone behind in the bedroom after checking out and, when I rang the hotel, they were so helpful - going to check if they could find it and offering to post it on for me if they did . Top service :)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Andrea062
Dear Andrea062

Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed the rugby magic weekend at the Etihad stadium. I am pleased that you found the location of our hotel convenient to get to the stadium and that your room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We always do our best to help guests, if they loss anything and hope you have since found your phone

Sorry to hear that you did not get a chance to dine with us, hopefully next time.

BEST WESTERN Smokies Park Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Clough Manor
Clough Manor
#1 of 1 in Denshaw
Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park? Share your experiences!