“Superb accommodation & wonderful food!”

Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at hotel smokies park in Oldham for 40th birthday celebrations with a large number of family &friends! Accommodation in the emperor suite was fantastic, beds so comfortable, amenities great and very spacious room.

A meal for 31 in the eat@smokies restaurant! Had the restaurant to ourselves! Great service from staff! Nothing too much trouble! Food was superb! Tasty, hot & lots of it!

Thanks to becky in the restaurant and Jose ? for making all feel welcome & we'll attended.

Deserves 5stars highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Emperor suite room 502 spacious comfortable all amenities included.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rbrennan2014
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Rbrennan 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel and restaurant. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and also the celebration meal in our restaurant.

I shall pass on your kind words to the head chef and team that looked after you.

Hope we see you again for your next celebration

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here for our nieces wedding over a 4 day period we were treated wonderfully even though every room was booked on the Saturday night the staff could not have been more helpful
Would definitely recommend a stay here

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear jbys09822

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us. We are very passionate about looking after our guests and I am so pleased to hear from a guest that stayed with us for 4 days and received the same high standard of service every day from every member of the team.

I do hope you come back to see us

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had a great stay here recently whilst attending a friends wedding at the venue.
My room was spacious, clean and well decorated and had an extremely comfortable bed. I heard no noise at all and slept really well!

The breakfast in the morning was very tasty indeed!

My room was in a quiet part of the hotel, but there are rooms that are very close to the function rooms where weddings etc take place. I would imagine that these rooms would be much louder and so it's something to consider

Room Tip: I had room 108. It's right on the ground floor next to reception (which worried me when I turne...
1  Thank Damien S

Dear Damien S

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I really appreciate your comments about your bedroom and breakfast as we work very hard to look after our guests and it is nice to hear from satisfied visitors.

Hope you had a good time at the wedding your attended and hope we see you again

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Poor Chris S. I wonder if he/she was there at the same time as us? We heard from fellow travellers about the 'drugs bust' that went on in the early hours of the first morning of our 3 night stay. Some described it as "something out of CSI". We were informed that it did get rather noisy (esp. if you were at the front, courtyard side of the building). We heard nothing at the rear. That was the Thursday evening/Friday morning.
I believe on the Friday the hotel had a 'hen night' and a school 'prom', indeed the 'bride to be' and her entourage stayed at Smokies. Obviously another couple of potentially noisy events.
On the Saturday was a wedding reception. What can I say?

We had a delightful stay. The food was excellent and the staff were extremely polite and very helpful.
Special mention must go to Peppe the restaurant manager who was extremely entertaining and very efficient. Breakfasts were fantastic and as is mentioned by others, the sausages were really tasty. Everything was obviously freshly prepared and dishes continually being 'topped up'.
We also had our dinners at the hotel on our three night stay and the staff catered exceptionally well for our party, which must have numbered around the 60 mark.
On only one occasion was there a problem with serving our desert course. This wouldn't have normally warranted a mention, but we were all booked to 'be somewhere' on that evening.

We 'looked up' the area before travelling and found there was a country park just below the hotel. This we thought was well worth a visit, and the staff at the hotel explained how to get there.
We would thoroughly recommend this park (Daisy Nooks) to any visitor to the area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 1st floor at the rear of the hotel. Not much of a view from our window but it was q...
1  Thank RayC722

Dear Ray C

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your 3 days stay with us and that you found the food good and had service to match. I shall pass on your comments to the team and Peppe, who looked after you.

I was also pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your breakfast each morning.

Glad that you enjoyed your visit to Daisy Nook

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A group of us stayed here for a few days. I had asked for, and had confirmed, that I had a top floor room as I am a poor sleeper and I listen to my DAB radio which only seems to work in top floor rooms of hotels, experience tells me.
They had not booked me a top floor room and despite asking three times and explaining why, I was point blank refused. An hour later one of my friends arrives and he is given a top floor room, he did mind where he stayed, the rooms were the same.
There was queuing at breakfast as some of the tables had been set up for evening meals making a table shortage.
At the evening meal the puddings never arrived.
The following day at breakfast right next to my table a young waiter was being given a severe telling off for arriving late.
A drugs bust at the back of the hotel on our first night with all the flashing lights and noise. The hotel cannot be held responsible for that disruption
The following night there was a group of rowdy men in the courtyard at 3am but nothing was done until a customer complained.
Any vegetarians had no protein to speak of in there evening meals. When challenged Chief said he hadn't thought of that!.
So there you are, a comfy bed, poor service and unhealthy food.
I presume that Best Western pitch themselves a cut above Holliday Inn well on this occasion they came a miserable second.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms have the better aspect but run the risk of noise
2  Thank Chris S

Dear Chris S

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry about some of the problems you experienced but feel I need to explain why they happened.

On the day in question you checked in as part of a large party and all your rooms had been pre allocated to make check in as quick as possible. As the hotel was full, it makes last minute requests very difficult to arrange, as it does have a knock on effect on the other rooms. We also had 2 weddings taking place that also had certain room requirements, making the task even harder.

We had been informed that your group had to be out of the hotel straight after dinner but on the day tis time was moved forward by 30 minutes, which we only found out at the end of serving your main course, meaning that some of the group were asked to leave the restaurant(by the coach driver, when we were about to serve dessert, which resulted in some of the group not getting it.

I am sorry about the other guests being noisy. We do have a night team in place to look after such events and do their best to control rowdy guests but sometimes all their efforts are in vain.

Finally we did have an incident, which required the police to attend but this was a very unusual situation which thankfully was well handled.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a very good Hotel on the main road between Ashton Under lyne and Olham and free from trafic noise. Easy access from the M 60 (Manchester Orbital motoway) Very friendly and welcoming reception staff. Comfortable lounge bar and Good English Breakfast. Ample parking around the Hotel. If your thinking of a wedding reception this Hotel is very good at presentation and service

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the hotel have pleasant outlook
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
GM_SmokiesOldham, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Romeo Caine

Thank you for reviewing our hotel after your stay with us and am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I was also pleased that you found that our hotel was in a good location for motorway access and free from traffic noise.

I shall pass on your kind comments to the team and hope we see you again soon

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I recently stayed here on business with some colleagues. The hotel is well placed with good road links for appointments in Manchester and the surrounding areas. We were actually lucky enough to stay a couple of nights. We were all delighted with our rooms. The room that I had was fantastic, spotlessly clean, wifi, lovely big TV, mini bar and a large comfy bed. The restaurant was perfect as it meant that we could eat at the hotel rather than having to out looking for food and it was very good value for money. The breakfast is a buffet and I would recommend this especially the sausages. We all found the staff to be exceptional. The Manager was very welcoming and active. There was a large footballing dinner on whilst we were there and he made sure that we were looked after and not adversely effected in any way. Excellent!

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the executive floor if they have any available.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Tripoway

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for all your kind words. I am pleased to hear that you were well looked after, enjoying your room, dinner, breakfast and stay in general. We did have a large event on during your stay and was so glad that this did not have a negative impact .

I shall pass on your kind words to the team and again thank you for writing your review

BEST WESTERN Smokies Park Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
#10 of 11 in Oldham
Clough Manor
Clough Manor
#1 of 1 in Denshaw

Been to Best Western Hotel Smokies Park? Share your experiences!