“Superb Party!!”
Review of The Victoria Hotel

The Victoria Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My 60th Birthday Party was held at the Victoria Hotel on the 8th March 2014. Between myself and the hotel staff, a lot of planning had gone into making the party successful. Over 60 guests sat down to a superb meal in the Elizabethan Room, everything was piping hot, the Service was smooth and unhurried. The Bar staff and waiters were both professional and courteous for the whole of the party.There was a large party of us who stayed the night in very comfortable rooms. Even the maids in the morning were pleasant and asked about the party. Breakfast was excellent. What else can I say? The whole of the celebrations were absolutely first class and I would not hesitate in recommending this venue for parties or accommodation. So many of my guests have commented on the wonderful party. Roll on my 70th!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 187069Barbara
There are newer reviews for The Victoria Hotel

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights recently and found it to be wonderful value.
The staff were all so very friendly and helpful, the manager well on top of his job, and the food was superb.
Full English breakfast, what a treat. Evening meals all really good, and the house wine good value.
Our bedroom had the largest bed I have ever seen, and the refurbishment has been carried out very well.
I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending The Victoria. Pound for pound the best balance of price/quality I have come across for a long time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BritinFranceFroggy
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great location close to the canal but easy access from both rail and car meant this is the ideal place for a party. Staff couldn't do enough to ensure we had a comfortable stay. Breakfast was a feast! Our party were made to feel specialby the hotel staff. Food was hot, tastey and served quickly so we ate together which was no mean feat. The Elizabeth room was an ideal place for us to wind down away from other hotel guests.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed in the Victoria for the best part of 3 months while working on a project locally.

While staying there the hotel was undergoing a renovation, so I don't think I got to see the hotel at it's best - and the quality of the rooms varied depending on whether I stayed in an updated one, or one yet to be renovated.

Rooms were clean, functional, comfortable with all of the usual amenities that you would expect from a business hotel. On the negative side some of the rooms had showers with little or no power and had huge variations in temperature which could be very frustrating when trying to grab a quick shower in the morning.

The staff were extremely friendly and did everything they could to make me and my colleagues feel welcome, nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was good, but the morning chef could do with a lesson in poaching eggs - scrambled were ok though! Evening meals were good, Thai curry was very good as was the steak.

Overall a decent hotel, friendly staff and comfortable place to stay while away from home on business.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We held our Annual Full Staff Meeting in the Elizabeth Suite at the Victoria Hotel. With all amenities in one room it proved a great venue. We were looked after by Corrie who ensured everything ran smoothly throughout the evening. The hot buffet provided went down a treat with the staff and were it not for the fact most of us were driving I'm sure the bar would have done too. Thanks to Rachel for organising it all in the run up too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2014

What an incredible stay. I cannot praise the staff highly enough... special mention to Corrie and Jennifer.
The room was also excellent and i slept well.... a first for me.
Considering the price i paid i really was not expecting too much. I was so wrong and i am looking forward to going back again.
Once again a big thank you.
Fay Hart.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Recently had wonderful stay at this hotel. Cannot recommend or praise highly enough the accommodation and staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Friendly, helpful and attentive. food and service second to none. Would stay there anytime as would the rest of my extensive family.
Perfect situation with excellent travel links to Manchester via train, metro link and airport. Impressed with every aspect of our stay and very surprised at the excellent rates as prices are per room, not per person. Ady and Teresa. South Wales

Room Tip: We had double suite room. roomy and clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family