“Perfect afternoon”
Review of The Victoria Hotel

The Victoria Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My friend and I decided to try afternoon tea at the Victoria Hotel. The staff where extremely attentive, the food delicious, the environment great if you just want a good old fashioned chin wag and the price extremely good value.
We will definitely be going again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bernadine G

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My mum, daughter and myself had afternoon tea this afternoon(11.4.14) and wanted to express how much we enjoyed the wonderful afternoon. My mum is 80 today. The experience was wonderful, not just "here's your afternoon tea" and ignored throughout - it was an educational experience learning the history of afternoon tea and etiquette of the afternoon tea ritual from Matt in the restaurant.

The staff are absolutely wonderful, so attentive and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

We were treated so well and we will certainly return again and again!! The whole experience and wonderful staff made my mum a very very happy lady (and also myself and daughter!!!)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LyndseyAW
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Only stayed one night ahead of a meeting nearby but found the staff and accommodation here excellent even though I arrived late in the evening. Room was really nice and the hotel is really well located for both the motorway and train station.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jamesm2011
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My 60th Birthday Party was held at the Victoria Hotel on the 8th March 2014. Between myself and the hotel staff, a lot of planning had gone into making the party successful. Over 60 guests sat down to a superb meal in the Elizabethan Room, everything was piping hot, the Service was smooth and unhurried. The Bar staff and waiters were both professional and courteous for the whole of the party.There was a large party of us who stayed the night in very comfortable rooms. Even the maids in the morning were pleasant and asked about the party. Breakfast was excellent. What else can I say? The whole of the celebrations were absolutely first class and I would not hesitate in recommending this venue for parties or accommodation. So many of my guests have commented on the wonderful party. Roll on my 70th!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 187069Barbara
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed here for three nights recently and found it to be wonderful value.
The staff were all so very friendly and helpful, the manager well on top of his job, and the food was superb.
Full English breakfast, what a treat. Evening meals all really good, and the house wine good value.
Our bedroom had the largest bed I have ever seen, and the refurbishment has been carried out very well.
I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending The Victoria. Pound for pound the best balance of price/quality I have come across for a long time.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BritinFranceFroggy
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great location close to the canal but easy access from both rail and car meant this is the ideal place for a party. Staff couldn't do enough to ensure we had a comfortable stay. Breakfast was a feast! Our party were made to feel specialby the hotel staff. Food was hot, tastey and served quickly so we ate together which was no mean feat. The Elizabeth room was an ideal place for us to wind down away from other hotel guests.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed in the Victoria for the best part of 3 months while working on a project locally.

While staying there the hotel was undergoing a renovation, so I don't think I got to see the hotel at it's best - and the quality of the rooms varied depending on whether I stayed in an updated one, or one yet to be renovated.

Rooms were clean, functional, comfortable with all of the usual amenities that you would expect from a business hotel. On the negative side some of the rooms had showers with little or no power and had huge variations in temperature which could be very frustrating when trying to grab a quick shower in the morning.

The staff were extremely friendly and did everything they could to make me and my colleagues feel welcome, nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was good, but the morning chef could do with a lesson in poaching eggs - scrambled were ok though! Evening meals were good, Thai curry was very good as was the steak.

Overall a decent hotel, friendly staff and comfortable place to stay while away from home on business.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Clough Manor
Clough Manor
#1 of 1 in Denshaw

Been to The Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!