“OK for one night.”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Oldham
Scottsdale, Arizona
“OK for one night.”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed there whilst attending a football match in Oldham. The hotel is well placed at the side of a main arterial junction to the motorway but you don't hear any noise from the traffic driving closely by. The reception is quite old fashioned and the receptionist was lovely, really helpful and professional. The rooms are standard but imho a little dark. They had a good size and comfy double bed in each, tea/coffee facilities and a small shower/toilet room with plenty of (cheap) gels etc which I didn't use as they smelled cheap and nasty.
The breakfast was extra for us and when we paid for it we were slightly disappointed as whilst there is a small selection of cereal and yogurts we both asked for the biggest 'Full English you do' and got an extremely small, barely cooked breakfast with the cheapest ingredients you could possibly find. Pretty poor really.
My advice, by all means stay at the hotel as it was convenient and pretty comfortable but go elsewhere for the breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid the breakfast if you are hungry and go to a local cafe.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Craig J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have eaten at this Hotel many times in the last 10-15 years. Today was the best meal we have ever had there. Excellent service and the food was fantastic. The menu offers a wide variety, I had the mixed grill which I highly recommend. The children's menu offered 3/4 choices, they were excellent and presented beautifully. My three had scampi, fish n chips and lasagne and the portion sizes were very generous. The deserts looked very nice and went down well. I could not find any fault with anything.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Johnshelltinks
London
Reviewed 14 April 2014

When I walked into this hotel I was quite impressed with what I saw. It was very pretty and very very clean. The staff were very very friendly which definitely made the experiance better.
When we walked up the stairs and through the door to the rooms, there was a damp stale smell in the corridor, thankfully this did not go through to the rooms. The room itself for a double room was really small. The shower room was quite small and the shower door did not open fully as it was blocked by the toilet. the sink area was quite small too. I was disappointed there was not a bath. The bathroom door did not shut. The Iron was leaking and it was broken, it is very very old. The bed was very springy and the nights sleep was not comfortable. I must reiterate the staff were very friendly!! Bit disappointed that breakfast is only til 10am on the weekends. I wish I had read that before.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Leena1985
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My friend and I decided to try afternoon tea at the Victoria Hotel. The staff where extremely attentive, the food delicious, the environment great if you just want a good old fashioned chin wag and the price extremely good value.
We will definitely be going again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bernadine G
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My mum, daughter and myself had afternoon tea this afternoon(11.4.14) and wanted to express how much we enjoyed the wonderful afternoon. My mum is 80 today. The experience was wonderful, not just "here's your afternoon tea" and ignored throughout - it was an educational experience learning the history of afternoon tea and etiquette of the afternoon tea ritual from Matt in the restaurant.

The staff are absolutely wonderful, so attentive and friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

We were treated so well and we will certainly return again and again!! The whole experience and wonderful staff made my mum a very very happy lady (and also myself and daughter!!!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LyndseyAW
Lewes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Only stayed one night ahead of a meeting nearby but found the staff and accommodation here excellent even though I arrived late in the evening. Room was really nice and the hotel is really well located for both the motorway and train station.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jamesm2011
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My 60th Birthday Party was held at the Victoria Hotel on the 8th March 2014. Between myself and the hotel staff, a lot of planning had gone into making the party successful. Over 60 guests sat down to a superb meal in the Elizabethan Room, everything was piping hot, the Service was smooth and unhurried. The Bar staff and waiters were both professional and courteous for the whole of the party.There was a large party of us who stayed the night in very comfortable rooms. Even the maids in the morning were pleasant and asked about the party. Breakfast was excellent. What else can I say? The whole of the celebrations were absolutely first class and I would not hesitate in recommending this venue for parties or accommodation. So many of my guests have commented on the wonderful party. Roll on my 70th!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 187069Barbara
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
#1 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
The White Hart Inn at Lydgate

Been to The Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!