“Good location and good value”
Review of The Victoria Hotel

The Victoria Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Oldham
Ripon, United Kingdom
“Good location and good value”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here in early April for 1 Saturday night. I called to ask if I could check in early and they said that was fine. When I arrived there was a lovely welcome and we were shown to our room. Room was good, a little dark but was very clean and had everything you would need. 5 minute walk to the tram stop and great access to Manchester. Would stay again!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Josh G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Visited with family for a birthday meal/afternoon tea , very nice , although personally would like more sandwiches than cake , felt sick lol ..was lovely though , and a talk through all the teas was interesting ! . One of us had a meal , steak , OMG it was great ! ....Its 17 years since I last visited lol so cant even remember what it was like last time ,.love the decor , layout , staff and prices are very good also , want to go back and have the steak for myself !!

Room Tip: n/a didnt stay
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vwnutant
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stay here for business and wouldn't choose anywhere else. The food is lovely, I usually have dinner and breakfast here and can't fault either. The accommodation is comfortable, feels like home and the cocktail bar is very nice. Outdoor seating area means summer trips aren't a hardship and the staff are extremely friendly. Prices compare well to other hotels in the area, but this is much nicer than the rest.

Room Tip: They are all good, not huge but plenty of room in a double.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank M1michelle
Woodbridge, Suffolk
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I only stayed for one night but if I'm in the area I'll be stopping by again. The staff were friendly enough, the room was clean but could have done with a paint job, the food was nice and filled me up and beer on tap!

I'm not sure I'd have my wedding here mind you!

Room Tip: Ask for one on the first floor at the back
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had a one night stay here and the reception and restaurant areas were quite nice along with the garden outside.
The problem was that the staff weren't on the ball. The guy in the restuarant left me too long to aks me for a drink and asked others before me who had arrived after me. The same thing happened when ordering food as he asked 2 guys first what they wanted even though they had arrived 10 minutes after me.
Also at breakfast when I requested not having the black pudding included in my full English I was met by the reply that 'it cannot be amended and it is all or nothing' which lets's face it is ridiculous. It is too much to aks the chef not to place something on a plate?
Finally the rooms lack air con and with the windows barely able to open, even though I was on the ground floor, it was a bit of a hot night having to sleep outside of the sheets.
My room was also facing another room so little privacy and there was a noisy generator outside which carried on until around 10:30pm.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank andymack71
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed at this fine hotel May 8-12, 2014 and attended the wedding of two dear friends. We were very impressed by all of the staff. They were extremely knowledgeable, helpful, courteous and above all friendly, stopping often to chat with us about the local area and asking us about our part of the world (Niagara Falls, Canada). They treated us like friends as well as honoured guests. The hotel itself was charming and lent itself beautifully to a small wedding. The food was excellent. We especially enjoyed spending time in the lounge/lobby area with our friends. We would highly recommend staying at this hotel to anyone who will be travelling to this part of the world.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Guy I
Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and daughter's second stay at The Victoria, which is very convenient for visiting family in the area. Again, great service, food and accommodation.
All staff are very attentive, friendly and efficient, especially Reception on arrival and departure. We would not stay anywhere else when visiting our family, so we will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family