“Excellent”
Review of The Neighbour's Chef - CLOSED

The Neighbour's Chef
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: A fine dine Restaurant Serving authentic Indian, Oriental, Continental, Burgers, Steaks,Sunday Roast.
Oldham
“Excellent”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We visited the restaurant after reading several reviews, and we're not disappointed. Very surprised how quiet it was for a Friday night 25/07/14. The staff were very friendly and made me and my wife very welcome. We both had starters meatballs and spring rolls which were fantastic and tasty. We then had main dishes of chicken tikka masala and seafood risotto with a side of garlic bread, which was also excellent. We did not try the dessert menu, because the the two courses were very filling and delicious. When we left at 10.00 the place was empty which is a shame as our visit was very enjoyable. Would definitely visit again and recommend to friends. Come on readers of this review give the place a visit, I am sure you won't be disappointed. They have a good selection of dishes from around the world which are excellent plentiful and reasonably priced, and the staff are very friendly.

1 Thank roughyeds

Salford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Have never written a review on Tripadvisor but given the quality of food and the all round superb service my girlfriend and I received I felt it necessary. I ate a Madras which was one of the best I've ever tasted, my partner had duck which was catered to her dietary requirements but still delicious. Our server (whose name I sadly missed) was affable without being overbearing, and went out of his way to make our meal a pleasurable experience. We will definitely return.

1 Thank Robbie H
“Quiet Saturday night”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Oh my god at 9:15 I walked in and the place was dead! And when I say dead I mean not a soul in there so I was sceptical but the in-laws said go as it's really nice so I gave it a chance, surprisingly they haven't done much with the place since the last owner however the last guy couldn't run a restaurant to save his life!
The food was really good but the menu a little complicated, staff were great but the uniform could do with a change in my opinion, cocktails were awesome, and the Indian food I had was tasted authentic and throughout the whole night only one couple came in plus our party of 6 so a shame to say unless they start getting busier it will once more close again pity as there's so many other Indian restaurants in Oldham that are absolute crap!
All in all a nice evening albeit a little quiet for a Saturday but if you want authentic food no frills and good service this place fits the bill!

1 Thank Theopavlis
“Excellent Pizza's, good cocktails and delicious desserts”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went to this restaurant having obtained a Wowcher voucher and as we do not live in Oldham I checked all the reviews first on Trip Advisor before purchasing the voucher.
On the evening that we attended 8.7.14 it was a Tuesday and although we expected it to be quiet there was no one else in the restaurant only us so I cannot comment on what the atmosphere would normally be like. It was also the Brazil v Netherlands World Cup semi final so that may also account for why it was so quiet.
On entering a young man and woman were just leaving and they actually advised us not to go in as it 'was not very nice'.
Once inside the waiter spoke to us about this and told us they had not charged this man for his food as he was dissatisfied. This was a bit disheartening at the time and the waiter was obviously very upset by this. It did not put us off though.
The Wowcher deal we had was for two persons to have cocktails each with a Pizza each and a dessert.
The food was excellent.
The reason I chose this voucher offer was because my wife loves Pizzas, although I am not a big fan of them, give me Asian food any day.
However I ordered the Calzone pizza, which came with the option of a plain tomato sauce poured over it or a Bolognese sauce. I opted for the Bolognese and was glad I did as this Pizza was gorgeous and such a large portion, really filling and you could tell it was fresh dough.
My wife had the Vasuvio, which sounded as though it would be hot with pepperoni, mushrooms and chilli. It was however not hot (i.e. not spicy hot), but she really liked it and it too was a very large pizza with a thin and crispy base, which is just how she likes them.
By now we had not much room left to fit in the dessert in so we left it a while before we had the dessert.
We both had cocktails, a long island ice tea and a Mojito, both of which were very nice.
For dessert I opted for the key lime pie and my wife had the strawberry cheesecake, both again were delicious .
My only criticism would be like in most restaurants the sweets/desserts are quite expensive (if you were to pay the full price) but they were excellent.
The waiter and the staff were very nice.
We will definitely come back and next time try out the Asian cuisine.

2 Thank Didimers
“Surprisingly Impressed!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Was a bit sceptical with how varied the menu was when I checked it on their website. Checked reviews through Trip Advisor and thought me and my girlfriend would give it a try.

I decided on a calzone and my girlfriend had the duck dish. I was impressed with the presentation of the duck and the filling in the calzone was superb, plenty to go around! My girlfriend also ordered a pashwali naan bread too, which was an odd mix with duck but complimented it nicely.

All in all, I would recommend my friends to this restaurant and I'm sure I'll be visiting again. It's difficult to find an international style restaurant, which retains a high standard of quality food. The Neighbour's Chef succeeded in keeping the variance of the food wide and the quality of the food high also.

2 Thank Mike M