“Good Budget hotel”

Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed at the Premier at Oldham in May, as it was handy for access to the Saddleworth area, for the annual Whit Friday Brass Band Marches.
Rooms are a good size and plenty of parking out at the front, and importantly easy to find.
On arrival at 10 45 pm., we were given good efficient service and had a room on the first floor.
The room itself felt a little bare and the bathroom appeared to be a little "chipped round the edges". That aside, everthing worked, but the heating was not on when we got there and it took a while to warm up, but it was unseasonably cold.
As a Double room, it could have also done with a second comfortable armchair.
Breakfast is good value with a big range in buffet style continental or a full english cooked as you want it.
My only gripe is the move at all Budget hotels to install a water saver on all the showers.

The adjoining pub is ok, but does look a bit tired and oldfashioned.

However, all in all a good place to stay for 1 or two nights if you are looking for budget accommodation and will definately be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Claire B, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Hi Stuphonium,

Tnank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us at Premier Inn Oldham Broadway.

I'm really pleased to hear that your stay with us was comfortable and that you enjoyed your "All You Can Eat" breakfast.

Please be assured that your comments regarding the showers have been noted and will be investigated further.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Oldham Broadway.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

On arrival at the hotel I realised that it was close to a busy road, so asked for a room at the back as I am a light sleeper. We had been allocated a room at the front as this is where it appeared the twin rooms were situated. However, the young lady on reception was really helpful and arranged for a room at the back to be made into a twin for us. The room was very clean and had everything we needed for an over night stay. We were going to a concert at the MEN and I didn't want to drive into town as I find it to busy. The staff again were really helpful and advised that the train was a five minute walk away, which took us straight to Victoria Station in less than ten minutes and only cost £4.10 return for both of us. We opted for a continental breakfast which again was good. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Claire B, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Oldham Broadway.

I'm so pleased to hear that your stay here was comfortable and that the team were able to help you with your travel needs. I will ensure that your comments are fed back to the team.

May I take this opportunity to once again thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oldham Broadway in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is a hotel I have stayed at before, the staff are friendly, the rooms are clean and bright and comfortable. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and we have always found them very accommodating.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here with us at Oldham Broadway Premier Inn.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and I will share your comments with the team about the service and the comfort you found with your room.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

This place is what it is, a Premier Inn giving you budget accommodation at a budget price. The room was clean, the bed comfy and the Beefeater next door did what was needed in terms of dinner and an above-average breakfast.

What let it down was not being able to check-in (the system went down), not being able to get a printed receipt (the printer went down) and the fire alarms going off at 5:20am. From what I gather this had been a regular occurrence all week.

The staff were pleasant, and the "Good Sleep Guarantee" meant that my company ended up with a bargain bill, but it was me who lost my beauty sleep.

An average Premier Inn that really should aim to be better.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

I'm pleased to hear that your room was clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed your breakfast and will be sure to pass this on to nthe relevant teams.

Unfortunately we did experience some technical issues outside of our control, please be assured that these are now fully rectified however please accept my apologies that your stay with us was disturbed.

I see that the team have acted upon our Goodnight Guarantee and hope that this goes someway to restore your faith with us at the Premier Inn Oldham Broadway. I hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards

Claire Brown
Premier Inn Team Leader
Premier Inn Oldham Broadway

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Standard Premier Inn, functional and good value. Shower below average (Premier Inns are so standardised the only noticeable differences are the showers)! Other than that shame about the fire alarm which went off for no apparent reason and no one seemed to know how to turn it off.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Booked a room for a Saturday night. The room was clean and the staff were very helpful when we checked in. The bed was comfortable and we had a good night sleep. Check out the following morning went really smooth - no issues staff were great and very pleasant

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Booked 3 rooms for my family as we were attending a family birthday party. My husband was on crutches and when we arrived we were welcomed by Linda (?) who immediately moved us to a ground floor room. She then helped me unpack our car which was full as we had been travelling for a week! She took everything to our room. She couldn't have done more to help us. The rooms were clean and spacious and we had a great nights sleep. The only down side was that my daughters shower was not working but when she reported it the next morning as we were leaving the receptionist didn't question anything and gave me a full refund for her room ;0) We will definitely use Premier Inn again. Great value & fantastic customer service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel
Travelodge Oldham
Travelodge Oldham
#7 of 11 in Oldham
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel? Share your experiences!