“Not quite up to the usual Premier Inn standard”

Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Oldham
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on 14th September 2013. Chose this hotel specifically because I was visiting family locally. I usually book Premier Inn's because you know what to expect and they are value for money.

The positives of this hotel are the large car park, easy access into central Manchester, and mostly friendly staff (although refer below to the negatives).

The negatives:

1. The man on reception during the night shift was particularly unfriendly. We cheerfully wished him goodnight upon our return to the hotel, and he grunted a barely audible response (as if it was too much trouble).
2. The room seemed more tired than all the other Premier Inns in which I have stayed. The shower was difficult to switch on and off, and the bathroom tiles needed urgent re-grouting.
3. We visited the adjoining pub for a few drinks with my local relatives, and a fight broke out amongst people who appear regulars to the pub. My local family were so embarrassed.

All in all, it wasn't the best experience, but it was adequate for our short stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Claire B, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Hi Chaplinmark,

Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Oldham Broadway Premier Inn.

I'm sorry that you felt that your stay was not that of usual Premier Inn Standard and have taken the points raised on board. Please be assured that I have spoken with the night receptionist on duty and appropriate action has been taken to ensure that doesn't happen again. I am happy to inform you that we are currently in the process of re-grouting all of our 40 rooms and must agree with you, this has made a vast improvement to our bathrooms.

I have also spoken with the General Manager of the adjoining Beefeater restaurant and can only apologise to you and your family that your night was spoiled. I can assure you that this is not a regular occurence in the restaurant / bar area and we have discussed ways in which to manage the situation better should ever present itself in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide such valued feedback and I hope we can welcome you back to Oldham Broadway in the future.

If you should wish to discuss any of the issues raised further, please do not hesitate to contact me at site on 0871 527 8860.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stopped here over the weekend and had a pleasant stay.. rooms nice and clean, bathroom could do with a new suite looks tired to rest of the room but not a major grip.. staff nice and friendly always willing to help and breakfast a plenty but could do with it being well done which we asked for but came back anemic??.. that aside would book again if staying over.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank royalburger1

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Oldham Broadway.

I'm really plased to see that your stay with us was a pleasent one and will pass your kind words on to the rest of the team.

With regard to your breakfast being undercooked I have discussed this with the restaurant general manager therefore should not happen again but please accept my apologies that on this occasion it was not up to the usual standard.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide such valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you at Oldham Broadway Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here on 6th Sept for 1 night . . . Charlotte on reception was 1st class . . . lovely welcome and very friendly but professional with it . . . parking facilities excellent with CCTV . . . had lunch in the adjacent pub . . . good pub grub and helpful staff . . . room was spotless , airy and quiet (room 35 at the back) . . . only slight bugbear is the bathroom probably needs a bit of a cosmetic uplift (re-grouting the tiles etc) but it didn't detract from our stay and would definitely stay here again if we ever need to .

Andy :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Claire B, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Hi Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such great feedback on your stay with us here at Oldham Broadway.

I have passed your kind words on to Charlotte and the rest of the team... Its alway nice to pass on such positive feedback.

I am happy to inform you that we are currently in the process of regrouting the bathrooms as well as painting all of our bedrooms.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oldham Broadway in the future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in loads of premier inns and this is the best. Not particularly because of the location or the hotel, as its what it is on the tin - a cheap and cheerful premier inn. It was the staff, they are really helpful, friendly and nothing was a problem. From the check in friendliness to the waitresses all were professional and their positive attitudes were welcomed after a long day travelling. They could teach other bigger 4-5 star local hotels a thing or two. I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Superally2007

Hi Superally 2007,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Oldham Broadway and providing such lovely feedback.

I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the Premier Inn Team and on to restaurant team too.

Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oldham Broadway in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is lovely place to stay. The rooms are very clean and airy. The staff are friendly and helpful. I had the continental breakfast & we had an evening meal. Really nice. The hotel is simply excellent quality and great value. By the way, the Spanish style window security on the ground floor is an non issue inside and you can sleep with your window open without worry. Great hotel.

Room Tip: My thanks to David. The Reception staff are all very helpful. I am disabled and all the staff were h...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Hi Katiedj

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Premier Inn Oldham Broadway, I'm so pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit.

Please be assured that I have passed your thanks on to David and your kind words to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Oldham Broadway in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Excellent service, clean hotel, great location for our visit. Would highly recommend this hotel. Staff were extremely helpful and took the time to chat to the kids. Nothing was too much trouble for them

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Claire B, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Mrs Adams,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback on your recent stay.

I'm so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here at Oldham Broadway and will be sure to pass your kind words on to the team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to giving you a warm welcome at Oldham Broadway in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed one night for concert at Etihad Stadium. Ideal place to stay for venue. Plenty parking. Rooms large & comfortable. Nothing was any problem for staff. Beefeater restaurant offers varied menu with good deals for eating early.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Claire B, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Elaine,

Thank you for taking the to provide feedback on your recent visit to Premier Inn Oldham Broadway. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and that your stay was comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel
247Hotel
247Hotel
#10 of 11 in Oldham
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel? Share your experiences!