“clean, comfortable and excellent value”

Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Oldham
Oxford, United Kingdom
“clean, comfortable and excellent value”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Clean room, clean bathroom, comfortable bed and good food in the Beefeater pub attached to the hotel. If I am in Oldham on business again, I would definitely choose to stay here. Staff in the dining room were attentive and helpful and the price I paid for the whole night makes this an extremely good value choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Claire B, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Hi Astonflyer

Thank you for taking the time to provide such valued feedback on your stay with us at Oldham Broadway.

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room clean and comfortable. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the team and to the Beefeater.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Premier Inn Oldham Broadway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Teeside, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Ideal location for a one night stay if visiting Manchester. Staff amazing. Couldn't do anymore to help. ANN on reception lovely lady filled us in on everything. Rooms are outdated and look like they are due for a revamp. Cracked tiles in bathroom. Grout and loose flooring. Mother than that for a one night. Good value..... When booking early however if I had paid top premier inn prices I wouldn't of been happy

• Stayed November 2013
Hi Helen,

Firstly may I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to provide such vaulable feedback on your stay with us at Oldham Broadway .

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass on your kind words to Ann. It's always nice topass on such lovely feedback.

I can confirm that over the last couple of months we have been working hard to replace any cracked tiles and grout in the bathrooms and although we haven't received a full refurb as of yet, I feel that the bathrooms are at a much higher standard.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review your stay andI hope we can welcome you back to Oldham Broadway in the future.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Booked Broadway due to favourable reviews and was not disappointed. Reason for visit was to see Wicked in Manchester with husband and daughter. On arrival two rooms, next to each other as previously requested, were ready. Girl on reception was very welcoming and helpful, giving directions to the rail station just minutes away, (Moston, just one stop from Victoria Station)
The rooms were lovely and clean, not too warm, just right!
We had our evening meal in the attached Whitegates Beefeater Pub, it was very busy, (a good sign) and the staff were all friendly, very welcoming and attentive, especially the young waiter Alex. Apologies were made for not clearing our table after main course (not that it had been a long time.) I have only one concern and that was that staff were practically running in and out of the kitchen and around the restaurant (am thinking health and safety here) a few seconds was not going to make any difference because the service was swift. All the staff seemed to put their heart and soul into the job to make sure customers had a good experience and they did not fail.
The food was good with everything from steak and chips to healthy options of chicken and salad, and vegetarian pastas (for fussy teenage daughter, to suit her it must have been good!)
Wine and drink selections were also good, Sauv Blanc, my favourite was lovely and not too expensive. We were very well looked after all evening, despite how busy the place was.
I had the best nights sleep I have ever had in a Premier In as sometimes rooms can be too hot, or there is noise. Serenity ruled! Sweet dreams ensued!
Breakfast the next morning was just as good as the evening meal had been. A cross between self-service and a freshly cooked, just the way you want, breakfast. Staff again, were very friendly and attentive, especially a lovely blonde girl, who had worked hard the previous evening and was still sprinting about at breakfast with bright smile. Nothing seemed to be a problem. When we left the morning was cold and miserable and we were even offered warm drinks to take with us. Talk about the extra mile, the staff in this Premier Inn ran the extra marathon and all deserve medals. Great big gold ones. Have I sold it for you? I do hope so, I will be making a return visit. Best customer service in a Premier Inn ever and let me tell you I can be brutally honest if service is shoddy, I am not called Hyacinth for nothing!!
Date of stay was Saturday 26th October 2013

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park at the back were quiet and cooler.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hello,

Firstly, may I thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback on y our stay with us.

I'm so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I had the pleasure of checking you into your rooms on arrival, I hope you enjoyed visiting Manchester City Centre and your show.

I will be sure to pass your kind words on to the team and to the manager of the Beefeater.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review you stay and I hope to welcome you back to Oldham Broadway in the future.

Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here after a family wedding nearby. Hotel is in a good location and is of normal P Inn standard. Bathroom in need of refurbishing, as tiling is dated. Cleanliness of the room was v good. All Staff were very good and pleasant. Breakfast very good quality, but maybe a little overpriced.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Claire B, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Hi Hebbie12,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on you recent stay.

I'm so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am pleased to inform you that we have started to refurb some bathrooms and this will be an on going process moving forward.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your breakfast and have fed back your comments regarding price to th restaurant General Manager.

I hope to welcome you back to the Premier Inn Oldham Broadway in the future.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I chose this one based on location, being about 2 miles from where I was working. Despite the negative comments about the tired rooms and bathrooms, the location and eatery next door tempted me to give it a go.

It was pretty much what I expected, although the room did smell very slightly of stale smoke,. Whether or not this was due to a previous occupant having a crafty fag, or the age of the room I don't know, but it was still clean and tidy enough for me as a non-smoker not to worry about requesting another room.

The various girls on reception and staff at the Beefeater next door were all fine. Food served was your typical adequate fare. An added bonus is that the Inn has a door at the end of the hallway straight into the pub which makes is handy for morning breakfast or taking the odd beer back to your room. :)

And although the bathroom was looking slightly dated, the grouting was fine and fitted the bill for what I wanted.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Although next to a busy road it didn't seem too bad overnight. I did have one of the side rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Claire B, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Hi Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Oldham Broadway Premier Inn.

I'm sorry to hear that your room was smelling stale during your stay and have fed this back to the housekeeping team to watch out for this in the future.

I am pleased to see that the staff were friendly and that you were happy with the service in the adjoining Beefeater restaurant. I will be sure to pass this on to the relevant teams.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide this feedback and we look forward to welcoming you at Oldham Broadway Premier Inn in the future.

London
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on 14th September 2013. Chose this hotel specifically because I was visiting family locally. I usually book Premier Inn's because you know what to expect and they are value for money.

The positives of this hotel are the large car park, easy access into central Manchester, and mostly friendly staff (although refer below to the negatives).

The negatives:

1. The man on reception during the night shift was particularly unfriendly. We cheerfully wished him goodnight upon our return to the hotel, and he grunted a barely audible response (as if it was too much trouble).
2. The room seemed more tired than all the other Premier Inns in which I have stayed. The shower was difficult to switch on and off, and the bathroom tiles needed urgent re-grouting.
3. We visited the adjoining pub for a few drinks with my local relatives, and a fight broke out amongst people who appear regulars to the pub. My local family were so embarrassed.

All in all, it wasn't the best experience, but it was adequate for our short stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hi Chaplinmark,

Firstly may I thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Oldham Broadway Premier Inn.

I'm sorry that you felt that your stay was not that of usual Premier Inn Standard and have taken the points raised on board. Please be assured that I have spoken with the night receptionist on duty and appropriate action has been taken to ensure that doesn't happen again. I am happy to inform you that we are currently in the process of re-grouting all of our 40 rooms and must agree with you, this has made a vast improvement to our bathrooms.

I have also spoken with the General Manager of the adjoining Beefeater restaurant and can only apologise to you and your family that your night was spoiled. I can assure you that this is not a regular occurence in the restaurant / bar area and we have discussed ways in which to manage the situation better should ever present itself in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide such valued feedback and I hope we can welcome you back to Oldham Broadway in the future.

If you should wish to discuss any of the issues raised further, please do not hesitate to contact me at site on 0871 527 8860.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stopped here over the weekend and had a pleasant stay.. rooms nice and clean, bathroom could do with a new suite looks tired to rest of the room but not a major grip.. staff nice and friendly always willing to help and breakfast a plenty but could do with it being well done which we asked for but came back anemic??.. that aside would book again if staying over.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank royalburger1
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Oldham Broadway.

I'm really plased to see that your stay with us was a pleasent one and will pass your kind words on to the rest of the team.

With regard to your breakfast being undercooked I have discussed this with the restaurant general manager therefore should not happen again but please accept my apologies that on this occasion it was not up to the usual standard.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide such valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you at Oldham Broadway Premier Inn in the future.

Premier Inn Team Leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
The Victoria Hotel
247Hotel
#10 of 12 in Oldham
Comfort Inn Manchester North
Travelodge Manchester Birch M62 Westbound

Been to Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel? Share your experiences!