“Another great Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Oldham
Sydney, Australia
“Another great Premier Inn”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a recent driving holiday around the U.K. Staff were friendly and accommodating as usual, all the amenities were what we had come to expect from these Inns. Even though no air conditioning the hotel will provide fans if requested, as our room faced a sporting oval we could open the window a little during the night. Wouldn't hesitate staying at Premier Inns if we ever return to the U.K.

Room Tip: Free wifi available in restaurant.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Damian S, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi GeorgyLynn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Oldham Central Premier Inn. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would not hesitate to you us in the future. We try our best to do all we can to reduce the temperature of the rooms during the hot periods and try to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible.

Damian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The first time we have stayed at a Premier Inn and visiting Oldham for a wedding. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms a good size, clean and comfortable but far too hot. The staff were great helping us to organise taxis etc to get where we needed to go.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Damian S, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Hi becksoclock,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, your feedback is important to us to help us provide the best service we can to our guests. We are thrilled that you liked the size and cleanliness of the room. In regards to the temperature of the room, we are sorry to hear that it was too warm. We do provide fans in the room to help air circulation and we also put a sheet in the room for use insted of the duvet should you require it. We do not have air-conditioning in this hotel and sometimes the weather can get the better of us. Should you want in the future I could recommend one of our hotels with air-conditioning and transfer your booking if its going to be another hot stay. I would also like to thank you for the kind comments about the team here at Oldham Central, I shall pass your thanks on to the team and I hope we can be of service to you in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Whilst our stay was second to none, we always use Premier Inn, we spent 45 minutes driving round to find the hotel because when we input the post code it sent us to the wrong location, reception informed us that had we called them they could have given us an alternative code, but I felt that this issue needs to be resolved without having to do this. This in no way spoilt our stay and is completely outside the staff's control

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi pinkdukebox,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here on Tripadvisor. Our guests feedback is important to us and I am thrilled that you liked the hotel and our staff. I am sorry to hear of your postcode issue, which I have since spoken to you about and I can assure I will do my best to rectify the situation in a timely manner. OL1 2NA is the listed postcode for our building however the Vauxhall garage behind us have the postcode OL1 2QL perhaps this might help should you head this way again. Many Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Cambridgeshire
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first time staying at a Premier Inn and I have to say it was very good, all staff were happy & helpful, room was well equipped & clean. My only negative comment is that the room itself was far too hot & the window only opened a little way other than that no complaints.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Damian S, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Hi buttons089,

I would like to thank you for takin the time to review your stay with us here on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. In regards to the temperature of the room, as we do not have Air Conditioning here at Oldham Central, we put a desk fan in each room and also offer a sheet to use instead of the duvet. In the case of the windows, these have to be restricted to comply with our Health and Safety policy and I realise that they do restrict air flow. We could howevere provide you with extra fans or extra sheets if you stay with us again and hopefully this would go some way to making the temperature a little more comfortable.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was my first stay at a Premier Inn and it was a real eye-opener. The room was spacious, spotlessly clean and with a very comfortable bed. All the staff I met were very helpful and friendly and although the hotel was full, there was practically no noise at night, even though most of the guests were revellers attending a local music festival! Altogether, very impressive

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear gsanford,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recnt stay with us here at Oldham Central Premier Inn. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we managed the noise situation in such a good way so you were not disturbed by the revellers. We aim to deliver a high standard of service and I am so pleased that we managed to do this during your visit. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Scotland
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is set back off the road and can take a bit of time to find if you are not familiar with the area. Putting the post code in the Satnav took us to a street of terraced houses about 2 miles from where we wanted to be. Luckily I had been in the area before and was able to find it. It is a typical Travel Lodge generally comfortable but, like all of them the duvet provided is far too heavy and hot for even a mild night. I told the Manager about this, as I have in other Travel Lodges, and he said he would pass the comment on. I doubt anything will be done.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi ExRNSTS,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Oldham Central Premier Inn. I am sorry that your SatNav had difficulty locating our postcode and since this incident I have found a postcode that works on other SatNavs. I passed your comments on regarding the weight of the duvet and I am please to inform you that now we have placed an extra sheet in each room with a wrapper on explaining that if the duvet is too hot you can swap it for the sheet. I hope this will help in future.

Glasgow, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Execellent service, very helpful and friendly and would definetly stay here again the beds were so comfortable and the staff even let us in out room a little earlier as we wrte in a rush to get ready for a concert.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Damian S, Manager at Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Hi Caroline T,

I would like to thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us here at Oldham Central Premier Inn. We always aim to deliver a high level of customer service to all our guest and I am so happy that we managed to achieve this during your stay. I know what you mean about the comfort of the bed though .... They are so good I am going to get one for myself !! I hope you mad it to the concert on time and we look forward to seeing you again in the future should your plans ever lead you back this way.

Damian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oldham
Premier Inn Oldham (Broadway) Hotel
247Hotel
247Hotel
#10 of 12 in Oldham
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel? Share your experiences!