Stayed here for 2 nights to watch the brass band competition which is a traditional event in this area. Was expecting something special from photos of the rooms etc. however we were very disappointed with the state of the room for the price we paid. The walls were badly marked and the paint was peeling off the skirting boards. The carpet was shabby to say the least. Something had also been sprayed on the ceiling. There was no chair in the room so nowhere to sit other than the bed. The bathroom was ok with a nice deep bath but again a little shabby around the edges. Our room was called the "Edmund" room or room 12. We were asked if we wanted to order a morning paper which we did but this wasn't delivered to the room it was left on the bar for you to collect, very strange! Breakfast was nice and freshly cooked but portions were a little stingy with a full flat mushroom on the first morning and 1 cut in half the second. We had a meal in the brasserie which was nice but very expensive. Wine started at £18 a bottle at least and on the brass band night we had to drink this from plastic glasses, even indoors, which was totally unacceptable. I think this hotel is living off its past accolades and is not deserving of its 4 star status any more. I have stayed in Premier inns which have been in much better condition for a fraction of the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated and refurbished in all areas, this traditional Coaching Inn offers a Brasserie with log fires, a bar full of cask ales and an enviable wine list. Or try the Cocktail Bar and Dining Room for the chef's tasting menu. The AA rates the rooms as Gold Standard 4 star in the 2017 Guide and the kitchen is recommended in the Good Food Guide 2017 (Joint 3rd best Restaurant in Greater Manchester) Michelin Dining Out in pubs guide 2017 - Inspectors Pick Michelin Hotel and Restaurant Guide 2017 with two separate listing for the Brasserie and Dining Room The AA Restaurant Guide 2017 two rossettes We hope you enjoy our hospitality. Charles Brierley ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, LateRooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The White Hart Inn at Lydgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The White Hart At Lydgate Hotel Oldham
- The White Hart Inn At Lydgate Oldham, Greater Manchester