“Love it ! Favourite restaurant”
Review of Romanos Italian

Romanos Italian
Ranked #51 of 299 Restaurants in Oldham
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant for many many years and have never once has a bad experience. The food/service/staff are exceptional.

I last visited with my husband on New Years Eve. Outstanding yet again.

100% recommendation from me.

3  Thank Joanne H

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Went to Romano's last night was fab !!! IMe and my partner had the same starter which was prawns and mushrooms in a garlicy cheese sauce, could'nt get enough was lovely....I had chicken pasta in a creamy sauce and he had lasagna. We had a bottle of red, vodka and coke and a bottle of beer....It all cam to £44.90 !!! Bargain I thought , the staff where friendly and helpful....Cant wait for my next visit !!

2  Thank jodie o
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having been introduced to Romano’s through a friend in January, I have been a regular ever since. Service is consistent, menu is full of Italian dishes freshly prepared, and it reminds me of back home!

3  Thank F R
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I have to agree with the review below. I recently attended Romanos for a works party. The food was at least warm, but was tasteless and lacked any of the sort of finesse that I would expect from an Italian restaurant. I would also say that the wine on sale there for nearly £20 was nothing more than a £3 supermarket bottle and others told me that the spirits did not taste like or as strong as the brand they were meant to be.
The service was ok but does not detract from the very disappointing food. Try the Del Lago at Hollingworth Lake for an authentic and tasty Italian meal, worth paying the extra fiver!

3  Thank p0wert0thepe0ple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Romanos has always been regarded cheap and cheerful but after a recent visit I found it to be neither. I found the menu to be particularly uninspiring and dull. My chicken main was incredibly dry and the sauce it was covered in was tasteless and devoid of the asparagus it was meant to contain, except for two one inch pieces which turned to mush as soon as I tried to stick my fork in. The bottles of red wine on offer were very poor and despite being £18 a bottle, the two we tried were sugary enough to send anyone into a diabetic shock. The brandy was also cheap and sugary and the espresso was tasteless. Overall a very poor dining experience.

4  Thank HonestJohn530