“Good value all round”

and 1 more site!
Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Booked a twin room here, checking in is done at the bar in the carvery, but as it was late afternoon this created no problem. I can imagine that late evening booking when the bar was full this could be a little more difficult. The room (106) was a large, airy bay-windowed room facing the main road, fears re noise, but these proved to be groundless. Many nice touches with complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits, which were happily replaced if you were a little extravagant, wifi and TV reception were excellent. The bar area was pleasant whilst waiting to eat, and the carvery was unbelievable value for money. Four meats, great selection of vegetables, variety of gravies and sauces all excellently cooked and all for £5.99. How do they do it?
The beds were comfortable, and the continental breakfast was more than adequate.
All in all exceptional value for money and a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Room 106 was excellent
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Vaughan B
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at Heaton Chapel. Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job.
Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport

There are newer reviews for Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel

Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I was married in Stockport this summer as my wife is from Stockport but I'm Irish so needed somewhere to stay the night before and after the day! I arranged for my guests to also stay at this hotel as a cheaper alternative to the wedding venue and I think we booked around 7 or 8 rooms for the whole weekend. From the initial mix up on arrival to the guy on reception making fun of me whilst my sister was standing in the bar unknown to him, to the same guy making comments about my father because he had the nerve to complain about a 3 hour wait for the carvery and then some of my guests over heard some unsavoury comments by staff about Irish people in general! I live and work in England and as I've said I'm married to an English girl so this is not some hard up story I was genuinely disgusted by the service at this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Heaton Chapel, Stockport . We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.
Innkeeper's Lodge

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Never stayed in one of these places before so didn't know what to expect.
On the plus side the bed was comfortable, the shower worked reasonable well with enough power to get washed under, lighting was good and tv had a good range of channels. Noise level from rooms adjoining was ok. Towels ok with on wall soap dispensers. Carvery downstairs with inexpensive food but we didn't eat there. Drinks were about average pub prices. English Breakfast not included but was a cheap add on, buffet style so if you like a big breakfast it's available. no fruit, cereals, pastries, yoghurts out but may have been available as continental breakfast was included in the rate. Our room was at the back with a view of roofs and kitchen extractor fan and was quiet on the night we stayed (room 105). May be noisy if there was a function on. Good on site parking. Few miles from Stockport town centre but some nice local bars and restaurants a little over a mile away.
On the down side, the room was very warm, no air con and windows that only let a little air in. Road noise could be heard with windows open, not too bad at back but as it's a very busy main road would be a bit grim at the front I guess. Smell from restaurant was a bit overwhelming as you walked in but not too obvious in the room.
In general, acceptable for the price on the quiet nights we stayed during the week.

Room Tip: Ask for back but away from function room and kitchen extractor fan if you like quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fromhome1
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent visit to Innkeeper’s Lodge.
Best regards

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I booked this hotel for 1 night as it was the closest I could with rooms available to Tatton Park as we were visiting the Garden Show there. Some of the reviews lead me to not expect too much. On arrival, saw there was plenty of guests sitting outside however there was loads of parking space. Straight to reception and had a warm welcome, checking in was effortless, the receptionist explained the way to the room. We had a large room and bathroom. The shower was excellent and the bathroom was very clean, something I always check on as in some hotels the bathrooms tend to be a bit grubby in corners. The bedroom furniture looked as if it was ready to be replaced. We had 2 single beds which were very comfortable, as it was a hot night only needed a sheet to cover us. We ate in the Toby Carvery downstairs, being a fan of Toby Carveries, have to say this is one of the better ones, the food was delicious and the chef was knowledgeable and friendly, having Coeliac Disease always have to check what I can eat that is gluten free. It is worth mentioning the night we were there the joint of beef looked very nice and was tender and tasted very good. Had the Continental Breakfast in the morning adapted to avoid gluten. For me the breakfast was adequate, as I had my own bread anyway, plenty of fruit and yoghurts. My wife who can eat anything was pleased with the croissants and muffins . Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Padureni
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Innkeeper’s Lodge.
Best regards

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Well as I arrived to the hotel, my two brothers were already there and as they checked in there was a mix up with the bookings. (hotels mix up) to my knowledge it was sorted but when I actually walked in, I went over to the reception to hear the member of staff who checked them in giving off about my family to other guests who were checking in. How unprofessional.
Secondly the lady with short blonde hair at reception was also rude at times, all I can say she is not "a people person"
But for the rest of the staff who worked really hard to make a good impression you did... the staff on in the morning and who works in the breakfast room you are really lovely and if it was you in charge at reception I'm sure your reviews would be excellent! - the only reason I haven't give a terrible was due to these people, and that the food was excellent!

Rooms are great everything you need! and they are very clean!! Pity about our welcome and few mishaps this review could of been very different!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your visit to Innkeeper’s Lodge . We really do appreciate your feedback.
Regards

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Just come back from night away hotel was full due to concert and parklife.
Rooms only repainted last week so strong smell of paint couldn't leave window open due to noise from air conditioning unit. also could not shut door to bathroom due to being repainted.
Room was clean although the furniture was a bit tired,
Staff were very helpful and breakfast was great and was very good value for money.
was noisy with people going up and down corridors also doors automatically slammed shut .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

first words spoken to us when booking in was "welcome" very pleasant staff
We had room 107 it was very clean and had a lovely window
Good facilities in the room we could make a drink if we wanted
Bear in mind it's not 5star but its great for what it is and it's not 5star prices
So all in all great value
The breakfast was lovely too

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank jderbylfc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Trivelles Mayfair
Wycliffe Hotel
Wycliffe Hotel
#4 of 15 in Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester East

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Stockport, Heaton Chapel? Share your experiences!