“Disgrace”

Ranked #411 of 552 Restaurants in Stockport
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Telephone 00 44 (0)161 482 8139. Post Code SK8 5NU
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disgrace”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Have just been to this place and ordedered chips and nachos which took 40 minuits and then there was no cheese on the nachos and the waitress was totally rude and slapped money on our table and never told us what it was for!!! She then said once I asked at the bar what it was for she then said that we asked for a refund which we never we just asked for our food which we paid for! We actually got up and left as they made us feel extremely uncomfortable. Food was thrown in a microwave. Totally disgusting treatment and food!!!!! Won't be back.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Laindo187069
Mickerbrook, General Manager at Micker Brook, responded to this review, 6 February 2017
Hi,

I am sorry no one replied to your comment when you reviewed us. I thought I should introduce myself and our fantastic new brand.

My name is Mark and I have recently taken over as the General Manager of The Mickerbrook. We converted into a new brand in November 2016 called 'Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery' yet we kept the same Trip Advisor page.

Whether you’re up for a party, watching sport or meeting with friends and family for a bite to eat, the The Micker Brook in Cheadle is the place to relax and unwind.

We’ve something for all the family – from our freshly carved, slow cooked roasts exactly how you like them, tasty pub food classics such as hand battered fish and steak and ale pie – all available on any day of the week.

What’s more, every day we make our own fresh dough so you can tuck into freshly made stone baked pizzas and garlic bread. Or, we have a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes – and all main courses come with unlimited veg, salad and sides.

With every plateful offering cracking value, it's no wonder locals in and around Stockport, Wythenshawe and Altrincham can't get enough.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I don't usually like eating out but we went here to celebrate my sister's new job and the first thing that struck me was how welcoming the place was and the fact that it was a nice temperature inside - not too stuffy but not cold either.
Drinks were served promptly for a very good price (and there was no skimping on the quantity either - they were full to the brim) and the food was excellent and plentiful - in fact no matter how delicious it was, many of us couldn't finish.
All of the vegetables were tasty, warm and fresh and the desserts were luxurious.
All staff were pleasant and friendly and happy to help and I'd happily go back there.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place and great staff”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Went in last week for food for my family and I, it was great, food was good quality and the staff are really helpful. The prices are good too. Will be going back again

1 Thank gaztoo

Cheshire UK
“Fill up your tank for less.”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

£3.65 for a Carvery meal, top quality choice of Meats, Yorkshire Pudding and as much Veg as you feel comfortable eating. Quality & Quantity with a smile for a price that can't be beaten.
Just called in after arriving back from Majorca for good old fashioned English food for a change, was not disappointed.

1 Thank Chillinandtannin

“Great place”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I was a customer sat near the last 2 reviews, which are by the same person!! The two members of staff that dealt with the complaint couldn't have been more helpful , to complain about having a piece of onion in your meal was in itself ridiculous as onions in gravy are served and as for the hair we only saw men with shaved heads in the kitchen!

We had a lovely meal and were served by friendly helpful staff! We'll be back!!!

2 Thank LauraTrent