“Pay more for less food...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #417 of 542 Restaurants in Stockport
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Telephone 00 44 (0)161 482 8139. Post Code SK8 5NU
“Pay more for less food...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the MB today and was informed at the till that the menu pricing had changed.

The options could be either having 3 meats it two for different prices, with the beef being now 30p more?

Now I have been coming here for 12 years and never have I seen such a stunt pulled by crown carveries here. How can I come here for 12 years and have 3 meats, but now if I want 3 I have to pay extra?

For me this is a potential breach of trading standards on the basis that we are now being charged for something that we previously received as part if the carvery (How does that work?)

Another thing is the portions of meat under the lady who serves on the carvery. She in my opinion is like an 'SS member' who is very rude and blunt on occasions. She has crafted an art of cutting you half a slice of meat which is just unacceptable and when you point it out, then she raises the point that you have to pay more for more meat.

The key point here is a just want a standard portion that shoukd consist of a full slice per each joint if meat and if I want more then I will pay more. I now find myself paying 30p more for something that I have not paid for in 12 years and now receive an even smaller portion of meat
(Again how does that work)

The bottom line is that customer are being passed an unfair cost by Crown carveries here and this is unacceptable. This 30p levy should be removed and get back to basics with the price that previously has in place.

I have to be honest that the meat was dry aswell and a bit of tlc could of been applied on the prep of the veg also.

I don't expect any feedback from crown carvery regarding my comments, as they have not replied to anyone else on here who has provided negative feedback.

I think ignoring your customer concerns is really poor in my opinion.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Highsociety07
Mickerbrook, General Manager at Micker Brook, responded to this review, 6 February 2017
Hi,

I am sorry no one replied to your comment when you reviewed us. I thought I should introduce myself and our fantastic new brand.

My name is Mark and I have recently taken over as the General Manager of The Mickerbrook. We converted into a new brand in November 2016 called 'Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery' yet we kept the same Trip Advisor page.

Whether you’re up for a party, watching sport or meeting with friends and family for a bite to eat, the The Micker Brook in Cheadle is the place to relax and unwind.

We’ve something for all the family – from our freshly carved, slow cooked roasts exactly how you like them, tasty pub food classics such as hand battered fish and steak and ale pie – all available on any day of the week.

What’s more, every day we make our own fresh dough so you can tuck into freshly made stone baked pizzas and garlic bread. Or, we have a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes – and all main courses come with unlimited veg, salad and sides.

With every plateful offering cracking value, it's no wonder locals in and around Stockport, Wythenshawe and Altrincham can't get enough.

Crowthorne, United Kingdom
“Mum's Lunch Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My mother is 89 and quite immobile. We wanted to take her out for a Bank Holiday lunch. The criteria was a nearby venue offering good, simple food and easy access to a comfortable table. The Micker Brook's carvery absolutely delivered. The meat was cooked superbly. The vegetables were plentiful and the sauces were well prepared and readily available. Service was attentive and helpful without being overwhelming. from where we were sitting, we could see that there was a constant stream of diners all enjoying their lunch. Well done to all concerned. Can't agree with some of the other reviews.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul D

Cheadle, United Kingdom
“Awful Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Thought I would take my two little ones for Sunday dinner. I stood by the "wait here to be seated" sign for several minutes with staff walking past me without saying anything before I finally asked if I could have a table. When I came to order my food at the till I was told the only none carvery choice for my children was penne pasta in tomato sauce and if I didn't want carvery then the only thing I could have as a meal was fish and chips... not a great start. Then I was told that although there was a huge sign outside saying kids eat free on a Sunday (no reference of any T&Cs anywhere on the sign) that actually what they were really saying was that only one of my two children could eat free and they could only do that if they had the carvery. When I politely questioned this I was told by a rude and aggressively spoken manager called Shaun that it was in the T&Cs about the childrens meals. I pointed out that there was nothing on the huge sign outside the pub regarding T&Cs - It just says kids eat free on Sunday - and he agreed but said (still in his rude agressive manner) I don't need to say anything about T&Cs on the board, I'm telling you now. Bearing in mind I had two small children his attitude and the way he spoke to me was appalling and I will definitely not be going back!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank MHSK8

Manchester
“VERY POOR SERVICE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Thought I would take the kids for a treat which it was not, first of all we were ignored at the bar by 2 different members of staff even though there was hardly anyone there and they served other people first. I then ordered 5 diet pepsi's which the lady repeated back to me and she then proceeded to pour 5 pepsi's, I advised her that I did not order these and then 3 times she said she did not hear me say diet, very rude, not a difficult order. I then noticed that I had been charged for an adult meal even though I specifically discussed the childs one. Again not a difficult order to process. After queuing for 20 mins we got the carvery but it was nothing special, the meat had lots of fat on it and the stuffing was rock hard along with most of the roast potatoes. Would not go here again or recommend to anyone. Was not the cleanest place I have been to and was very disorganised.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sarahforan

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Pretty good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We met an old friend there for lunch this week and found the carvery to be a really nice meal with lovely tender meat and a good choice of well cooked veg and sauces. We all enjoyed our various meals and thought that the value was pretty good , and so was the nice atmosphere and good beer. As carvery meals go , this was good.

• Visited March 2014