“A memorable and very enjoyable evening, highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rayhoon Persian Restaurant - CLOSED

Rayhoon Persian Restaurant
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
UK
“A memorable and very enjoyable evening, highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a memorable and very enjoyable evening here with Iranian friends at the weekend. We had a wide range of food choices including appetizers and mains as well as Persian tea and doogh (a seasoned yogurt based drink). The food was all excellent, subtle mixes of mild spices, some delicious yogurt based dishes, a pickled dish, and the fragrant rice dishes all spring to mind.

The restaurant has an excellent atmosphere, plenty of space between tables, well decorated and lit (great for romance). On weekend evenings a gifted classical pianist based in the foyer/bar area plays throughout the evening, which just adds to the already very pleasant ambience of the place. Great service too, as well as very good value and large portion sizes as befits this region's renowned hospitality. And a warm welcome as well as a warm good evening on the way out. We will most certainly be returning. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Nimitta

“Excellent Persian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I noticed this restaurant whilst walking to an office I was working in so thought I would give it a try.

The staff were very welcoming and offered to assist with the menu which was great for matching up dishes.

I would say that in general the food is very tasty but not spicy so would suit everybody.

I will definitely be going again.

• Visited April 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The food was absolutely delicious and the service excellent. My partner had the lamb & said it was the best meal he'd ever had; I had the veggie stew which was also delicious. The starters were equally delicious.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Marie C
“Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This place is such a hidden gem. I always thought it wasn't worth going in becuase from the outside it doesn't look like anything special.

We went in one night because Davinci's was closed and I am glad we did. The staff were so nice and the food was fantastic. We both had a variation of lamb and it was so tasty.

2 Mains a large side to share and a bottle of wine for less than £40. Bargain!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank James C
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best Iranian food north of London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I visited Rayhoon with five friends and I must say that every aspect of the experience was a delight. From the welcome at the door, the atmosphere, quality of food and drinks and the customer service, everything was perfect. We spent nearly three hours at the restaurant, had a number of starters, big mains with multiple sides, drinks, dessert and tea. All of this cost a total of £26 per head which is excellent value. I would recommend the traditional ice cream which just like the restaurant is not to be missed.

Visited March 2014