“Wow!”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I went here recently with my half Iranian friend... so I had a very good guide.
The place and atmosphere are very pleasant, with a cool guy playing the piano for the diners... what a touch! The staff is nice and helpful, but the biggest thing is obviously the food.
As a starter we had "a small hill of aubergines" that we destroyed very quickly (amazing) and "green land", a platter of salad, cheese and nice things.
After that we had Fesenjoon (duck with pomegranate) and some lamb with buttery rice. Oooooh... I could have eaten them forever and more... we had rice with berries and saffron as well (unforgettable), flavoured yogurt and naan. We had wine with it.
A small mistake on the bill was quickly rectified and we left stuffed and mesmerized.
Can't wait to be back in Stockport to eat there again... oh, it all came to around 24 quid per person.

1  Thank ellie79

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a memorable and very enjoyable evening here with Iranian friends at the weekend. We had a wide range of food choices including appetizers and mains as well as Persian tea and doogh (a seasoned yogurt based drink). The food was all excellent, subtle mixes of mild spices, some delicious yogurt based dishes, a pickled dish, and the fragrant rice dishes all spring to mind.

The restaurant has an excellent atmosphere, plenty of space between tables, well decorated and lit (great for romance). On weekend evenings a gifted classical pianist based in the foyer/bar area plays throughout the evening, which just adds to the already very pleasant ambience of the place. Great service too, as well as very good value and large portion sizes as befits this region's renowned hospitality. And a warm welcome as well as a warm good evening on the way out. We will most certainly be returning. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Nimitta
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I noticed this restaurant whilst walking to an office I was working in so thought I would give it a try.

The staff were very welcoming and offered to assist with the menu which was great for matching up dishes.

I would say that in general the food is very tasty but not spicy so would suit everybody.

I will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The food was absolutely delicious and the service excellent. My partner had the lamb & said it was the best meal he'd ever had; I had the veggie stew which was also delicious. The starters were equally delicious.

3  Thank Marie C
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This place is such a hidden gem. I always thought it wasn't worth going in becuase from the outside it doesn't look like anything special.

We went in one night because Davinci's was closed and I am glad we did. The staff were so nice and the food was fantastic. We both had a variation of lamb and it was so tasty.

2 Mains a large side to share and a bottle of wine for less than £40. Bargain!

1  Thank James C