“Apauling Management, I will never go back”

Sangam - Heald Green
Ranked #76 of 567 Restaurants in Stockport
Price range: US$43 - US$65
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Apauling Management, I will never go back”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Apologies for spelling and grammar but i'm absolutely fuming!!!

Weve not been to this restaurant for over a year, and though we would treat ourselves as last time we went the food was melt in you mouth delicious.

We went tonight, arrived and spotted the meal deal they had on until 7pm, 3 courses for around £10.90ish, £5.90 per child.
Well to start with "the manager" confused us when placing the orders as we wanted to make a few amendments but understood we would pay a suppliment for the increase if it was over the allowed price. (Which was fine) but we ended up paying full price for each dish and were told they would be full portions (of which was not aparent when received the food) with 20% of the bill? We were not sure at this point which was even the better deal as the manager was insistant we do it this way?

The starters came and were lovely then the main came, my husband ordered a spinage dish which was ok, son ordered a pasanda and I ordered a King Prawn dish (5 measly prawns) all the other dishes bar the prawns were average not full size, the prawn dish was very fishy, so we sent back just over 3 1/2 prawns advising of the taste and its worrying when dishs are too fishy. Especially at just under £14 for the dish.

The waiter staff were understanding but the manager took his staff away and stared at us while he was talking to his staff about us and the fishy taste. This happened on more than 2/3 ocassions which became a little uncomfortable, clearly we could see he was slagging us off. We received a bill that we couldnt understand but could see only £7/£8 deducted from nearly a £14 pound king prawn dish. The manager then proceeded to tell me had I had this before? To which I answered yes, and it was lovely last time he said well its prawns it should taste of fish. Seriously does this guy think im stupid? The fish did not taste correct, simple?

I once again sat back to see the manager talking and looking our our table, I then felt the need to go and approach the manager? Of which he was not budging the fact is he wanted to charge me for the unsatisfactory 1 1/2 prawn we sampled when we were eating. Seriously this place is a joke. I will not be reccommending or going back to this particular one.

Such a shame the family feel has gone also.

8 Thank cjmkjj

“Better than ever!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We have been going to the Sangam for years as we only live round the corner, but haven't gone in a couple of years. Went tonight and had such a great meal, we will definitely be going more frequently again! The waiters are friendly, helpful and quick. The food is amazing, and the portioned up poppadoms and naans were a good idea as it stopped us eating too many. It is very good quality food for a very reasonable price. Definitely recommend it!

• Visited June 2014
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Last night I went out for a meal with a few friends. While we waited for everyone to arrive we were seated in the waiting area where they served us drinks.

The restaurant was clean tidy and there were plenty of diners. It is quite a large place but they mange to spread people out to create a good atmosphere.

I ordered paneer tikka starter, and chicken Jalfrezi for a main along with Pilau rice. My wife had a seek kebab and chicken aloo, all of which were very tasty. The waiter was really fun, having a few jokes with us, even daring friend to eat some Naga chillies after he was boasting about being able to handle the heat. The portion sizes are good not too over facing as some restaurants can be.

The bathroom was small but clean.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank cookiesworld
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Went back again last night”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

As promised, 6 of went back to the Sangam in Heald Green last night, and TC looked after us very well. A good meal at a fair price ... you can't expect more!

• Visited April 2014
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Excellent service & food”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Been here maybe half a dozen times and the food is always great. Last time we came the service was a bit patchy so not been back for a while.
I think there's been a change of ownership or management and what a difference.

Service - warm welcome, waiters that friendly, chatty, spot an empty glass (even when busy), food out of the kitchen quickly too!

Food - we had a mixed starter for two. Wasn't a big portion but the quality of food and the flavours were outstanding. Chicken Balti Sag was very tasty and had a good kick - not to hot though. Fish Tikka was flavoursome and cooked really well.

Modern, clean interior. There was good mix of people and many seemed to be regulars - great experience.

Will definitely be back soon.

• Visited April 2014