“Great Every Time”

The Dog And Partridge
Ranked #225 of 612 Restaurants in Stockport
Price range: US$4 - US$5
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Dog & Partridge Come to The Dog & Partridge in Stockport for traditional roast dinners and lunches exactly how you like them, any day of the week. Or tuck into our tasty pub-food classics, with unlimited veg and sides. With every plateful offering cracking value, it's no wonder locals in and around Poynton, Hazel Grove and Disley can't get enough. Eating out in Stockport made easy Our restaurant is relaxed and family friendly, and we don't stand on ceremony. There's no need to book; just pop in when you're hungry.
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my boyfriend visit this place a lot and I can honestly say we have never had a bad experience, the service has always been prompt and the meat is gorgeous. Veg is always nice and fresh and gravy piping hot to finish off a perfect roast dinner.
It is excellent value for money considering you can pile your place with veg as high as you want!

Never had dessert but will soon and i'm sure it will be just as good!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

just been to the dog and partridge,tuesday 4 feb,not our first visit and i` have always found it tidy and decent food.but what happened tonight was a joke,when we entered there wasn`t may diners but nearly all the tables had dirty plates and glasses on them,after finding a nearly cleared table we ordered 1 carvery and 2 fish and chips,on getting back to the table and cutting into both fish,we found them to be still raw and cold in the middle,my wife went to the bar and quietly told the staff,a barman/waiter came and took both fish off the plates leaving the rest of the food there and about five minutes later returned with 2 fresh fish which he just placed on top of the now cold dirty plates,there was no apology ,and nobody seemed to think this type of service unusual,except the customers on an adjoining table who like ourselves couldn`t believe the cavalier attitude of the staff.so i`m sorry crown carveries i will not be darkening your doors again in the near future,if ever.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We have eaten here a few times before and it was alright but Sunday 12th Jan it was awful,won;t be going there again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Been going to this pub for a long time regularly. Visted yeserday with my friend and we were very disappointed.
First of all I queued up for 20 minutes to order a drink and pay for the carvery. The girl serving was dressed as if she had just dropped in the pub for a drink or meal, she was obviously having problems working the till so maybe she was new as I had never seen her before. Another member of staff appeared to put some items in a fridge but didn't offer to serve , even though there were people waiting to be served.
The food when we eventually got it was fine, no complaints there.
We later asked for 2 coffees. That again took 20 minutes, the girl we ordered off went to serve at the bar and apparently asked the other girl to serve us. Unfortunately she forgot until we asked again.
I don't know what was going on but staff seemed to be conspicuous by their absence. The place wasn't as busy as usual so maybe other people have noticed how difficult it is getting served.
There are usually several staff around clearing the tables and serving coffees etc.
Hope this was just a blip, as if on my next visit it is the same I will have to find somewhere else to dine.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We popped in on our way back from Stockport, in hindsight I wish we had kept driving. There was a problem in the kitchen do there was only turkey on. Another irk is when I won't over to the gravy it was empty and looked like it had been for sometime. The turkey was very dry and we both struggled with the meal, in the end we left. I wanted lime soda and they had none. What pub doesn't have lime. Very disappointing