“Really glad that the plaza has been renovated”
Review of The Plaza

The Plaza
Ranked #1 of 66 things to do in Stockport
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Really glad that the plaza has been renovated”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have visited the plaza on a few occasions and have really enjoyed it I have taken my granchildren to the pantomine seen a Billy Fury show even been to Miss stockport
I have also visited the fabulous Cafe and had afternoon tea which is really nice I would recommend it for any occasion

Visited April 2014
1 Thank 221lynda

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fags and laughs”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I went to see they've just nipped out for fags last week in Stockport the plaza is a wonderful example of art deco and most atmospheric. Iv seen this theater company many times and they never fail to make me laugh .There social and political satire is some of the sharpest I've ever known on a par with Wilde if you ask me. But the beautie in there use of working class languages and stock character is fabulous ! They turn what could be called a bleak life style of the socially deprived into a positive example of the British spirit of lets just on with it! My young boys loved the dialogue between the teenagers and I think when the wives went on a tirade about how useless the husband are us women cheered in true panto style. The standing ovation was well deserved .can't wait for the next play x

1 Thank Carol L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Production”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I cannot believe the comments on the reviews below. I went to see the production of 'They've Just Nipped Out For Fags' and was blown away. Performed by a cast of Stockport Residents, the quality and hilarity of the production was one of the best i have ever seen. This is a grass roots theatre company providing entertainment to the sold out audience. What a cheer at the end! there was a standing ovation and everybody looked as though they had a brilliant time! people were singing out onto the streets! Well done to all involved and i really hope you return to the plaza. Keep doing what you do!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank manchester l
Winsford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very disappointed - stage show "Just nipped out for fags"”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

omg words cannot describe !! but I will try ! was really looking forward to a fun evening with plenty of laughs... oh how I was wrong.
Our group of 5 adults had seats on row O and although could hear the shouting and awful attempts of "Manchester accent" it was muffled and hard to understand, lines fluffed and dance moves incredibly cringy as not in time with other performers. No effort had been put into the stage set, or costumes! During the 1st set an ambulance was called to a lady who had obviously been taken ill (unfortuately this was more exciting than the show and gave a welcome distraction..hope the lady was ok)
If I had been with my partner alone we wouldnt have returned after the interval. Needless to say although we went back after the interval we didnt manage to stick it out to the end & left discruntled.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank AndreaCherry1969
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Stage Show was extremely amateurish!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We attended the stage show of "JUST NIPPED OUT FOR FAGS" this evening firstly the amount of stairs when we arrived was very hard to undertake and were pointed here there and everywhere before we actually found where we needed to be and secondly we was terribly disappointed in the quality and amateurish performance we witnessed! The tickets cost £16.50 each with £4.00 booking fee making that a total of £53.50 for three tickets which was overpriced and not worth it for the show we watched. We had seats at the very front which on reflection weren't bad as we could see the performance no trouble. But they were old creaky and frightfully uncomfortable, one of the attendees of our party of 3 was perched on the edge of his seat throughout the entire first act as his arm rest was digging into his hip making it very uncomfortable for viewing the show. After the interval was announced and we saw the unorganized chaos once again we decided enough was enough and didn't return to see the second half. As Stockport residents we thought more was going to come from attending the centrally located Plaza but we were left disappointed And we have all said we wouldn't return again :(

2 Thank Phillip747-400