Thought we were going to stay at the Britannia Country Hotel, Didsbury but ended up here. My sister being disabled had requested a room with a walk-in shower but they only had one room with this facility which was already occupied and said they had not previously been informed by Just Go. The lift was out of order and on arrival at my room on the second floor after washing my hands I was unable to turn off the basin taps, the bathroom then flooded and I had to lug my suitcase down to reception to organise a change of room. There was no hot water in our rooms (which was later rectified) there was chaos in the dining room as no tables had been allocated and it was a help yourself buffet style arrangement both for breakfast and dinner. Apart from bingo/quiz there was no evening entertainment as advertised in the Just Go booking. One good point, after a very bad start the hotel manager was extremely friendly and helpful and did her very best to organise the situation, 5 stars for her!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Stockport is a modern hotel situated in a quiet residential district close to Stockports bustling town centre, with a wide range of shops and entertainment. The Hotel features the spacious Jenny's cocktail bar offering a relaxing atmosphere where locals and guests can unwind. Jenny's restaurant serves delicious food at breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Britannia Hotel Stockport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stockport Britannia Hotel
- Britannia Hotel Stockport Greater Manchester