We didn't arrive until 8pm reception/bar area were very busy, however no one at reception and had to wait 10 minutes to check in. Went to our room...... On opening door to the corridor leading to our room there was a fog and stink of cigarettes! Other guest even commented how awful it was. We went down to the dining room again waited 5 minutes to be acknowledged, inclusive dinner is a hot buffet that was sorry the only word I can use is disgusting. At that point we left and booked a premier inn same price clean and welcoming.
I will say all staff were polite and pleasant there just weren't enough for the number of people but the general atmosphere was just grim
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Stockport is a modern hotel situated in a quiet residential district close to Stockports bustling town centre, with a wide range of shops and entertainment. The Hotel features the spacious Jenny's cocktail bar offering a relaxing atmosphere where locals and guests can unwind. Jenny's restaurant serves delicious food at breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Lastminute, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Hotel Stockport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stockport Britannia Hotel
- Britannia Hotel Stockport Greater Manchester