Just stayed in this hotel on a National Holidays trip with myself and 4 others. We were allocated 3 rooms but when we opened the door to the first room we were greeted by the strong smell of stale smoke. We decided not to even go in never mind sleep in it. Fortunately the other 2 rooms were triple so there was room for us all to bed down. On entering the next room we found this also smelt of stale smoke and the room was dirty and shabby, plus bedding was ripped.
As for the food it was VERY basic and unappetising, there was no tables for us to sit together so had to move tables around ourselves. It felt more like a works canteen rather than a restaurant. The public toilets were also disgusting I actually had to walk out as I was borking at the smell. We did complain but just got told to complain to National Holidays which we will but I also think its down the hotel to keep standards up. I know this is a budget hotel and gets busy but its not on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Stockport is a modern hotel situated in a quiet residential district close to Stockports bustling town centre, with a wide range of shops and entertainment. The Hotel features the spacious Jenny's cocktail bar offering a relaxing atmosphere where locals and guests can unwind. Jenny's restaurant serves delicious food at breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Lastminute, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Hotel Stockport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stockport Britannia Hotel
- Britannia Hotel Stockport Greater Manchester