Myself and a friend was on a coronation street tour with sunrise coaches.
When we got to the hotel it looked ok from outside with nice big car park.a man was there in the car park to give our keys and we went straight to the rooms top floor).the public areas looked very dated and dull.we got to our rooms they were cleaned and looked tidy but my old style tv did not work so asked if i could move rooms.the guy on reception was good and sorted it..and had a bit better room and the tv worked!.Anyway the worst thing about the rooms is they were so hot even with a fan and window opened(which only opened 2 inches)it made no difference.I had 4 hours sleep each night which caused me to not enjoy my break away.everyone on our coach and other guests at the hotel said the same thing!and did the managers care NO!!I also moved my chest of drawers out and that had not been cleaned for weeks rubbish and chewing gum stuck to carpets!anyway the maids did clean rooms everyday but they missed a few people on my coach party as they were more interested in cleaning hotel for new coach coming in and for a wedding that day.And guests and myself had seen the maids were chatting drinking coffee while working!
Anyway as for the meals well low budget food.allways hot thou and allways stocking up but the soup and deserts were the best.the only thing was we did not eat till late at night as thats the time our coach party were given which upset alot of people.As for breakfast that was better apart from nasty sausages and warm coffee.
I am not a snob and do a lot of cheap coach hoildays and have been with sunrise a few times and have never had any problem before but sunrise really needs to think about using another hotel in the near future.but I could not fault the driver or the trips apart from the corrie tour needed to be a bit longer!! but would like to say the only good thing about the hotel is the staff.they are so friendly and work so hard and try their best but needs new managers and a good dame clean. oh and nice firm beds not that i could sleep! but would i return again?NO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Britannia Hotel Stockport is a modern hotel situated in a quiet residential district close to Stockports bustling town centre, with a wide range of shops and entertainment. The Hotel features the spacious Jenny's cocktail bar offering a relaxing atmosphere where locals and guests can unwind. Jenny's restaurant serves delicious food at breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Britannia Hotel Stockport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stockport Britannia Hotel
- Britannia Hotel Stockport Greater Manchester