“Tired decor and not great value”

Bredbury Hall Hotel
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here to attend a friend's wedding. First impressions - very old-fashioned decor but friendly and helpful reception staff. The hotel was full of group bookings and the bar area was very busy and noisy. Probably not ideal if you're looking for a chilled-out relaxing spot.
The room was spacious but the room overall was massively in need of a revamp. The bathroom also needed an update as it felt very old.
I ordered breakfast as an extra and I thought it was quite expensive.
Overall this hotel sounds grand but it felt more like a motel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank scenesteruk
Bredbury H, Guest Relations Manager at Bredbury Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Bredbury Hall. Your feedback is important to us and as such, we are revamping our weekend packages to include breakfast.

We are delighted our staff provided their usual great service.

Customer Service Team

There are newer reviews for Bredbury Hall Hotel

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Booked a twin room to go to the clib and then stay over. I wasn't disappointed, booking in was easy, the room was clean and the club was fab. Thank you so much to Matthew and Darren, have had difficult few months lately and had a wonderful night. Will definately do it again when I have paid the card off!!

I would reccommend it to anyone wanting to enjoy dancing in the club and then not wanting to pay a taxi home.

Room Tip: I chose a twin room for my friend and I, the beds were big and comfy. Room was quiet too, mind you w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Bredbury H, Manager at Bredbury Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi Helen

Thanks so much for your fantastic review of Bredbury Hall. We are so pleased you chose to get away from it all at Bredbury Hall and we can't wait to see you when your card is paid off!

Thanks again

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed friday 30th may for my husbands birthday. First impression was good the room was clean, the residents bar was good staff were lovely. Then we went to the attatched night club which was great all in all a good night. Then it started the couple staying in the room next door had music blaring out at 3AM i asked the bouncers to sort it out and to be fair they turned it off but the had god knows how many people in the room screaming shouting talking asa loud as possible. At 4.15 girls were in the corridor screaming names out so i went out and told them to shut up which was met with abuse and guess which room they went in yes next door. The noise lasted till 6am. I appreciate its a "party hotel " But keep the party downstairs your still a hotel at the end of the day and paying customers want to be able to sleep. I would not stay again and could not recommend to anyone in case they had the same experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Susan

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on Bredbury Hall. Whilst we were happy to hear you enjoyed the food and the rooms, obviously we were not happy to hear of your issue with other guests making noise. We do try our best to keep the room areas quiet as we know many of our guests are not up that late on the weekend. We have shared your comments with our team who work over the weekends to ensure they do their best to avoid this happening in the future.

Thanks again for sharing your comments.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed overnight last night and was a very pleasant experience.

On arrival at reception, fast check in, questions were answered efficiently. Lovely double room nicely styled and very comfortable.

Food was overall very good, breakfast was fabulous, buffet style and a magnificent choice to chose from however the evening meal was just ok, I had a choice from the set menu and almost felt second class, starter and main meal was fine but the sweet i left it almost untouched as it was dreadful however this and the fact that i had to pay for my diet coke as i exited the restaurant rather than have it added to my bill was very disappointing. The staff waiting the tables were also very good.

Overall I would definitely stay here again and just not eat the same sweet and only drink water with my main meal!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Gazza

Thank you for your review of Bredbury Hall Hotel. We are delighted that you loved the food, the rooms and the great team we have here. Please accept our apologies for the issue with posting to your room - we have passed your comment along to our restaurant team.

We look forward to seeing you at Bredbury Hall very soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed there as part of a course near by, very comfortable and staff are welcoming. Am concerned that hotel has gone into liquidation but hope will stay open and be successful. The breakfast are legendary and dinners are great. Bar is a nice but can get busy if loads of people staying for courses. Has a good little gym to work off those calories for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014
Bredbury H, Manager at Bredbury Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review of Bredbury Hall. The property is not in liquidation and it is very much business as usual! We are so glad that you found everything you love still going strong and we look forward to welcoming you and your group back again in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I implore you, do not stay here! The hotel is in administration, cleaners have already given up, the lifts don't work and neither do the cleaners and I have had my property stolen from my room. Police can't do anything and I'm still waiting for a reply from a manager from over a week ago. You've been warned!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank ScottWilson1999
Bredbury H, Manager at Bredbury Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Mr Wilson,

Thank you for responding to our email regarding your complaint. We apologize that we were unable to locate your missing item, but please be assured that none of our team has given up and are continuing to provide great service to all our guests.

We do hope that the settlement we have agreed with you is satisfactory.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Went for hen party on 17th may 2014 and yes hotel was nice clean n staff friendly. But they for got to.mention that u have to pay a holding fee. They tell you when you check in that the money will not be take out ur bank until there is a problem with ur room ie damages.
Well our 9rooms we had booked wherr not damaged what so ever and it was u til i returned home.and checked my bank they DO TAKE YOUR MONEY and are reluctant ti give it back. They say that they not holding the money amd passing the buck to my bank saying they are holding it so.i ring my bank and my bank informs me that it.is the hotel holding the money. So i ring the hotel again and speak to a member off staff called claire and she inform me that the accountants are on sorting holding fees out and will be i ur bank within the hour and 4.5hrs later it still aint there. I then ring bk up and i speak to another lady if u can call her.that amd she tell me a totally differnt story. Saying they have ni control over the holding fee. Forgetting ti mention that the place is in addministration. So NEVER EVER book a grouo booking as u will be charged a holding fee which is £25 per person and their werr 18 of us. Book ur rooms seperatly.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank clarestew

Please accept our apologies for the issues with your damage deposit for your stay with us. We do hold a pre authorisation amount to cover damages to rooms, which is released after check out, but it can take up to 10 days depending on the bank. We are very sorry that this was not explained to you in more detail at check in and have made changes so that this is more clear in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

The Customer Service Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
#44 of 119 in Manchester

Been to Bredbury Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!