“Don't let the bed bugs bite”

Bredbury Hall Hotel
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several occassions previously when I am away with my work. Although I have always found the staff to be very helpful and polite - I will not be back.
The main reason for this is the 3 large and insanely itchy bed bug bites I have on my leg.
There has always been something not quite right about every stay but this is ususally just disregarded as "well what do you expect for the price". Well I do not expect to be on the menu for these horrid wee blood suckers.
On a previous stays I have had a bed that ran off at an angle which made staying in the thing a challenge in itself.
Also any bed is either too soft so hard you would be more comfy on the floor.
Also the food including breakfast is awful, it is cheap mass produced stuff that you would get anywhere for half the price - it shows what kind of trouble this establishment must be in. I wonder if the chef (cook) is aware that this is the 21st centuary.
This place needs serious investment now.

Room Tip: Not room 249
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Alan D
Bredbury H, Manager at Bredbury Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are most distressed about your review and take this very seriously indeed. We cannot find any record of a guest complaint about this made during their stay which I assume you did do? If you would please get in touch to advise me of the full details, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you
Nick Hards 0161 430 7421.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

nice and quiet hotel during the week rooms tidy but not 5 star parking easy restaurant was very nice would stay again but not at a weekend as I expect it is very busy with the night club....................

Room Tip: ask for the 300s
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank remithedog

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Bredbury Hall. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Pleasant hotel, very large with lots of facilities which appear to be under used. Good rooms, easy parking, very quiet. Breakfast not particularly good, very few guests, but lots of food, some of which seemed to be very dried out, especially the sausages.
Would stay there again though as very good value for money and convenient for the motorway - even though it is out in the country.
Difficult to find - satnav took us to the wrong place so have to look carefully for the signs on the buildings and the street. Worth it once we got there!

2  Thank Lynda679
Bredbury H, Manager at Bredbury Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your visit to Bredbury Hall. Thank you for your comments regarding the sausages which we have passed onto our kitchen team.

Now you know where we are, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The wedding was lovely, the run up to the wedding was easy and Jean went out of her way to make sure the plans were put in place. I stayed in the hotel the night before with my bridesmaids, and the club made it noisy with folk hanging around outside until 5ish and it was so warm we couldn't shut the window - however I probably wouldn't have slept anyway!

The ceremony started late as there wasn't enough chairs in the room, that was sorted and the room dresser had missed off 2 of the chair covers but Jean was lovely and got right onto them - all credit to her she was panicking more than me. I was very grateful that Jean had gone through the room with me in the first place as it wouldn't have been picked up otherwise. The dinner was lovely, all my guests enjoyed it but there seemed to be a bit of a gap between the meals, the speeches didn't go on for long but the meal didn't finish until 6.50 which made it too late to drive out to werneth low for pictures which I am gutted about. When my guests went downstairs for the staff to change the room around, we went outside for pictures. When I came back at about 7.45 all my guests were still downstairs and I just felt there wasn't much direction - so I told my guests to come back in! The staff were outside on the balcony. The dj which was included was fantastic, all my guests commented on this and the balcony (we got sunshine) was a lovely added bonus. The hog roast also went down a storm with my guests, and there was plenty of it considering it was only for 100.

Overall I felt the wedding was fantastic and I wouldn't do it any other way, we didn't spend a fortune but feel as though none of my guests would know. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

3  Thank jojohotpotts1983

Dear Jo,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your wedding at Bredbury Hall. We are honoured you chose us for your special day - thank you. Jean is a star member of our team and we are happy she was there to help on the day. Thanks for your feedback on areas we can improve on - we are already taking them on board with the staff concerned.

Congratulations on your wedding.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I guessed we were in trouble when we arrived, it was half three in the afternoon and there was already a bouncer on the door! The guy on reception was cheery and friendly as he gave us the warning that Friday and Saturday nights are 'very rowdy'. Our room was more than tired, the carpet was dirty and all of the soft furnishings grubby. Bedding and bathroom were spotless though. The bass beat from the club could be heard clearly until the room door was closed, but it didn't prevent revelers from shouting at the top of their voices when returning from the club. The hotel staff that I engaged with were polite and helpful, in particular the duty manager, credit were it's due! However, one of the four bouncers on Saturday night was a patronising idiot that couldn't muster much beyond repeatedly saying 'calm down sweetheart' to an already perfectly calm woman!

If you are going on a stag or hen do, your not fussy and possibly even a bit of a chav it really could be the perfect place for you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DeniseJ028

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Bredbury Hall Hotel. Whilst the property was a renowned private members country club in years past we appreciate that things have changed and as such we are in the process of making all relevant changes to let people know the property is a hotel with a club attached.

We apologize if our revelers disturbed your stay - we are implementing additional staffing to reduce this as much as possible.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The literature describes this hotel as a country club in beautiful grounds, which has a club attached at a discreet distance. Truth is, on a Friday and Saturday night, this is a big, noisy club with a hotel attached. We arrived on Friday evening and were greeted by a bouncer (not a doorman but an actual club bouncer) and found the bar area and reception was full of big groups of men on stag weekends. Our room was clean and fine, if a little tired looking. However, my Dad's room had a disgusting stained carpet and a greasy headboard. When we arrived back after dinner the club was booming at full volume which could be heard from all rooms (6 in our group) but the real fun started at kicking out time, approx 4 am. Singing and shouting in the corridors, banging doors repeatedly. We had to bang on the wall to get our neighbours to pipe down. Dirty towels in my Mum's room. We escaped early to get breakfast elsewhere as we couldn't bring ourselves to give this hotel any more money, especially £12 a head for a buffet breakfast. When we returned at 11.30pm from the wedding, we tried to enter the hotel to go straight up to our rooms, but were blocked in the doorway by a very patronising and aggressive bouncer. He asked where we were going and demanded that we show him our room keys. Fair enough if it has been just been me and my husband, but we were a group of 7, including grandma, all dressed in formal wedding attire. When I pointed this out, he got very aggressive and argumentative. Surely there should be a separate entrance for the club and the hotel? Same noise issues again on Saturday night. We couldn't wait to check out of this place. We will not be returning and suggest that you look elsewhere for a hotel in this area.... Unless you are on a stag do and enjoy shouting in hotel hallways and banging doors at 4am, in which case you will feel right at home.

Room Tip: A different hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank AimeeCollins

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at Bredbury Hall. We know you have been in touch with our staff onsite to address your complaints and we do hope that you are satisfied with the outcome. Again, we apologize sincerely for the issues with your stay and please know that we are making changes immediately to the security staffing and policies following your feedback.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked the all inclusive £109.00 deal for our anniversary. Checked into our room.....VERY dated but very clean. Went down to go to the restaurant for our meal at 7.30pm to be told by the door staff "You can't come in with a short sleeved shirt when you've got tattoo's!" My husband has a sleeve of tattoo's on one arm with our childrens names on encompassed with flowers! The staff tried their best to sort out the situation....offered him a medium sized shirt from out of lost property(he's an x large) also suggested going to Tesco to buy one?!! I asked for our money back....we were only ever told smart dress when i booked. In the end the manager left it up to the doorstaffs discretion who, to be fair, were nice lads just following "procedure". We were allowed in but it definitely spoilt our good moods! Can't believe they have such a pre-historic ruling in this day and age....tattoo's are art and have no bearing whatsover to the manner in which someone behaves!! On the website it says they should be discreet and fashionable? Who determines what is fashionable?!!! A lady was also told off for using the F word?!!! Get a grip Bredbury on what people are like living in the millenium...it is not the 70's! Ended up having an ok night in the club.....got back to our room...the bed had a big dip in the middle and made a loud groaning noise everytime we moved so no sleep whatsoever,plus loud screaming people leaving the club....perhaps they should be concentrating on the real issues of the place instead of attempting to enforce out of date morals and attitudes!! I have no doubt that this is why the place is in administration....beautiful place that needs gutting and bring into the 21st century!!!

1  Thank jenson1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Bredbury Hall. We have taken your feedback very seriously and it coincides with our plans to make changes to the dress code and policies around tattoos. We agree that the policies that have been in place are not in keeping with today's society and as such, we will be making changes in the very near future.

Thank you again for sharing your comments.

Customer Service Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Travelodge Glossop
#1 of 2 in Glossop
Holiday Inn Express Manchester East
Village Manchester Hyde Hotel

Been to Bredbury Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!