“"Very Pleasant Visit"”

Bredbury Hall Hotel
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
“"Very Pleasant Visit"”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My wife has stayed over at Bredbury Hall quite a few times now to visit the Night Club there with her friends. She continues to keep going back as she loves it there so much. It has everything under one roof which includes a restaraunt, various bars, a night club and a hotel to sleep over instead of having to worry about getting a taxi home.

I saw an offer recently with Wowcher that included a night's stay with breakfast, a three course meal and entry to the night club for 2 people. Wow amazing value for money. The only problem is that I had no money to book it and by the time that I had money to book it, about three days later, it was sold out. I was absolutely gutted but I managed to get the same offer for both of us for £89 which is still excellent value for money.

On first entry to Bredbury Hall by car it is really nice. It feels like that you are in the middle of the countryside, very peaceful and tranquil with a small lake outside the main entrance with water sprinklers. It was. Very good first impression.

On checking in at reception it was quite busy as a mini bus of people has just arrived as it was on a Friday evening and was a busy day being the start of the weekend and all. We were happy to wait and got the key card to our room. After we were told a bit about the place and shown to our room, off we went.
Wow what a big place it is. Our room was right at the back of the hotel furthest away from the reataraunt and nightclub which was fine as it was lovely and quiet. On the way to the room we had to walk down a long hall which was very well kept, if a little dated but that was fine as it was all clean and tidy.

We booked a deluxe room which was very nice and spacious indeed. It didn't have a jacuzzi bath but it did have a nice big bath that I telly enjoyed using.

Again the room is a little dated but well looked after and clean and tidy.

The tv provided was fairly modern and was a flat screen. I was most impressed with the selection of
channels on offer, it probably has the most that I have ever come across in a hotel.

There was a kettle to make hot drinks which was nice. A little bit more of milk would of been nice but we still managed to make a brew.

The bed was very comfy and we had a good nights sleep.

The only bad points that I can really make of our stay in the room was that because we were so far away from the main reception the wifi signal was very very weak if non existent. The outside window was a bit dirty and could have done with a clean and the room was too hot and had no access to a fan. All
in all though we both had a good nights sleep and was happy with the room.

Moving on to the restaraunt. We had a three course meal as part of the package that we brought. Restaraunt was well looke after and service was good. We both had melon balls which were very nice, although you could tell they were from the freezer. For my main course I had a roast which was my favourite dish, all cooked very nice along with the vegetables that were cooked well. My wife had a chicken dish that was very nice as well. For desert my wife had a fruit crumble which she didn't really enjoy as the custard didn't seem that fresh. I went for the profiteroles that were very nice apart from a soup like chocolate sauce that out me off finishing the desert. All in all not a perfect meal but nice enough. I think that get need to work on their deserts and perhaps the starters. The table has candlelight that was nice and a jug of water was provided that was a nice touch too.

After we had finished our food we went to sit in the bar nearest to the main reception for a drink or two. I had a cider and my wife asked for a medium wine but it seemed a bit dry.

They had a bit of a selection of beers and ciders but not as much as I would have liked. Itv would be nice to have a few real Ales on offer. Also there seemed to be mostly dry wines for sale and not much of a selection of medium or sweet wines as my wife will only drink medium wines.

Between 8-10 there is a happy hour for woman when all drinks of wine are half price which was good.

After a drink at the bar and a drink at the bar nearest to the restaraunt, we made our way down to the clubs bat for a monster can each and a shot which was a good start. We then made our way through a tunnel which leads to the club. Was really nice in there and we has a good time dancing and drinking. I thought 3.50 each for a shot each was a little expensive but at the end of a day it was a club. They also has a cocktail bar that my wife loves. Drinks are nice although a little pricey at £6 a cocktail. A happy hour on those would be nice.

All in all we had a fab time in the club.

Next morning I has breakfast on my own as the wife was feeling a little delicate. I was most impressed.
I was offered tea or coffee and toast and then there was a help yourself buffet style hot and cold breakfasts that was very good indeed and highly recommended. The hot food was piping hot.
I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast there.

Good Points about Bredbury Hall:

Good value for money.
Spacious and comfy Rooms.
Good breakfast
Nice Restaraunt.
Good club and bars.

Bad points:

A little bit dated everywhere.
Too hot everywhere, air con needed.
Poor starters and deserts in the restaraunt.
Expensive drinks in the night club.

My wife has recently visited again with her wife and this time set up a tab at reception as the cash machine where we live was out of order. You have go use a debit card to leave a pre authorised £100 which is refunded on check out after you have paid your bar tab and nights stay.

Apparently you are told that the £100 refund can take between 7-10 days to go back in your account depending on your bank which doesn't sound right at all and my wife wasn't informed. We are still awaiting the refund 3 dad later.

My wife had a pork sandwhich from
the takeaway bar after the night club shut. 2-3 hours later she was being sick and had the runs and was up all night with it. I reported this to the hotel but they mentioned that it couldn't be good poisning as it hadn't been a long enough period of time. My wife was for and healthy before she had the sandwich. Yes she had plenty to drink but she had sickness and the runs.

All in all we had a great time, very few complaints. I highly recommend the place and we will be back again soon.

Keep up the good work!!!

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We'll myself and my girlfriend wanted to get away for the weekend for a break so we had a look around and managed to find a deal to stay at the bedbury hall hotel so booked up swiftly before they had sold out. It wasn't until the day after we had booked the room that we chance to read some of the reviews on here about the hotel and then started to get worried if we had done the right thing!

First things first I decided to ring the reception up at bedbury hall hotel and ask if we could have a quiet room which the lady on the other end of the phone quiet happily sorted for us straight away.
Fast forward to the Friday night which was when we got there and due to us not getting there until 9:30 we were greeted by the bouncers, again very cheerful and polite. Then to reception and again all very polite and helpful. Got our key cards and straight to the room to drop off our cases.

We was greeting to a nice old style room and lovely looking double bed, yes if I was being picky then there was a couple of marks on the walls and a little paint off the door frames but to be frank I'm not that picky and pathetic to be complaining about absolutely everything that my eyes see and let's be honest there is not many places that are 100% perfect!
It had a nice size TV with free view, kettle, tea,milk, coffee, hair dryer etc you get the idea!
It had a small balcony, the bed was very comfortable and the curtains were nice and dark.

The night life was good and had a mix of people, many bars scattered around the hotel so you are never waiting to get served for a drink. All the staff were professional and polite and had a good chat to a few too. Main reception/bar area had 2 full size pool tables and there was also tv's scattered around the hotel showing the commonwealth games which was nice to be able to watch while having a pint. Later on in the evening we decided to go to the night club which I enjoyed and was well laid out and quite quirky in a good way. Me and my girlfriend even had a boogie, something I don't do very often as I'm a 2 left feet kind of person!
We then wondered back to the main bar near reception to have a final drink before going off to bed (the night club finishes at 2am and the bar stays open until 5am) we had a great nights sleep (I'm sure helped by the alcohol we had consumed that evening!)

In the morning we went to breakfast which was help yourself fry up plus cereal, orange juice etc and didn't have a complaint about the food or drink. Staff was at hand asking if you wanted tea,coffee or both and also there if we needed anything we couldn't find, again very helpful and professional and couldn't of asked for any more from them.

Evening meals was a set menu, broccoli soup was great for starter, I had steak for main and was cooked how I like it which is medium rare, didn't get to pudding as I was full up by that point!
Myself and my girlfriend have eaten out at a lot of restaurants in the past and was not disappointed with the experience here, again plenty of staff on hand to help and food was nice.

Second night we had met a local couple who we're staying at the hotel for one night so spent the evening chatting away and having a laugh and a few drinks. Was nice to hear that their views of the hotel were on par with ours and again we're worried about the stay after reading some of the reviews.

All in all a very enjoyable stay at Bredbury Hall Hotel, a credit to the hotel and all the staff, it's not nice having to read some of the negative reviews so I hope the staff get to read this review so they can keep up the good work. Yes the hotel has its flaws but there are not many out there that haven't.

Room Tip: Ask when booking or after booking for a quiet room away from reception if your worried about the noi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank adam b
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Right, first off, if you are going to Bredbury hall on a weekend for a romantic getaway with the misses, don't. Bredbury hall (on weekends) is where hoards of stag and hen do's go for a filthy weekend. I went last week (for the 3rd or 4th time) and really enjoyed myself. That said, don't be surprised to (1) see a half naked Welsh Rugby teams roaming the corridors at 4 in the morning looking for a hen do (2) a fight involving several welsh woman or (3) get proposition by a Northern lass in her mid-late 50's.

It's definitely not classy, the rooms are dated and if you complained about anything you'll get kicked out. That said, if you're on a stag do, fill your boots.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fay83
Reviewed 20 July 2014

we got married here on the 4th of July the staff are amazing and so was our day a big thank you to the team at Bredbury Hall and a special thanks to manager jean as she made sure I day was so special would recommend this hotel for weddings and for some where really nice to stay as well thank you for all your help making our wedding great the Jones-Bown

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank willbown
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are so lovely and helpful! They made my best friends wedding perfect!! Hotel could do with some updating and broken things fixing. This didn't ruin the experience! We will be back even though we only live round the corner!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank laurenf244
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Thank you so much for marrying us in the perfect setting, weather was awesome. Staff were absolutely fantastic (apart from 1 or 2 door staff but that's what you expect from doormen). Food was absolutely gorgeous we had a fantastic day took our stresses away and provided a smooth day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Blueian7783
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several occassions previously when I am away with my work. Although I have always found the staff to be very helpful and polite - I will not be back.
The main reason for this is the 3 large and insanely itchy bed bug bites I have on my leg.
There has always been something not quite right about every stay but this is ususally just disregarded as "well what do you expect for the price". Well I do not expect to be on the menu for these horrid wee blood suckers.
On a previous stays I have had a bed that ran off at an angle which made staying in the thing a challenge in itself.
Also any bed is either too soft so hard you would be more comfy on the floor.
Also the food including breakfast is awful, it is cheap mass produced stuff that you would get anywhere for half the price - it shows what kind of trouble this establishment must be in. I wonder if the chef (cook) is aware that this is the 21st centuary.
This place needs serious investment now.

Room Tip: Not room 249
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Alan D
Bredbury H, Manager at Bredbury Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are most distressed about your review and take this very seriously indeed. We cannot find any record of a guest complaint about this made during their stay which I assume you did do? If you would please get in touch to advise me of the full details, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you
Nick Hards 0161 430 7421.

Travellers are raving about these Stockport hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
#49 of 118 in Manchester
Didsbury House
Didsbury House
#3 of 118 in Manchester

Been to Bredbury Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!