“Good, but not sure why........not a great location, but food good”

Bredbury Hall Hotel
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Cowbridge
“Good, but not sure why........not a great location, but food good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

This hotel is difficult to rate because it's all a bit odd, but not in a bad way. It makes a pleasant change from the regular hotel chains that all look the same. This one is random, I'm not really sure what it's trying to be. The decor is unusual, like a poor man's stately home. The reception staff were helpful and a pleasant surprise was the room (215), a long room with two double beds and a large corner bath. Clean and well appointed. Free wi-fi and a TV with a wide range of channels (including Dave). My room overlooked the car park and was quiet although you could hear noise from rooms above. Breakfast wasn't a great experience, it took longer to order than to eat. You can only order through Aldo, an Italian with a well trained ability to avoid eye contact and only take one order at a time. However, once you order (it took more than 15 mins) the food is almost instant and really good, I had smoked haddock and poached eggs. A pleasant change to the normal full English. My colleagues told me that this hotel has a bit of a reputation for it's Party Nights on a Thursdays and weekends, I'm so pleased I stayed earlier in the week. If I have to come back to Stockport, I would probably would stay here again, but don't really know why. Overall 7/10.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Gtr Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

Went with my wife for the valentines weekend package, dinner bed & Breakfast with club included.
I stay at many hotels as part of my job, and I must say all round the place is great. Do not really understand some of the other reports but there you go!
Excellent time, people friendly, and the food was second to none.
Went into the nightclub which is amazing how it has been done, converting it from the old Barn.
We both want to go again with some of our friends next time.
Thanks everybody there for a good time.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2011

This is the second time I have stayed here. Stayed Friday 4th feb until Monday 7th feb, Room was very comfortable and spacious, we even had a balcony and a Jacuzzi bath which was an unexpected bonus. We had dinner and breakfast and the food and service were faultless. Highly recommended. Staff were extremely helpful. There are comfy couches scattered all over the reception and bar area which is great place to read and have a glass of wine if you don't want to sit in your room.We did venture into the night club but I found it a little bit crowded especially the dance floor area.
Looking forward to going again next year.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

we stayed here on the dinner, bed and breakfast offer. from the moment we arrived to the moment we left the place was a complete joke.

we arrived for check in and were great with 'yes'....ok so not so friendly i guess, we went to our room and were met by a dated in much need of a lil tlc room with a hidious bathroom.....seriously needed a good clean, painting and over all a revamp.

we had a snack in the bar which was fine, bar staff nochalant as were the recptionist staff....this hotel had way more staff than customers.our food was left siting while she finished sending her text. we returned to our room to get changed for dinner, adhering to the strict dress code this evidently does not apply to the hotel staff who behind the bar esp seam to be allowed to wear what they fancy.

we returned to the bar,where we waited for ages for a drink considering there were 7girls behind the bar yet only one serving the others were doing their hair, mascara, nails eatin chrisps and drinking the stock....great impression. door men walking round it was like a prison i couldnt relax and felt we wer being watched.

dinner was ok not great expcted on a offer anyway.....arrived so quick....was it cooked fresh?? we had barly ordered and our starters were on the table.....

we returned to the bar to again be ignored and watch the girls now flirt with all the boys that worked there.....eating food of customers plates in the mini kitchen in the bar which i had a clear view of from my seat. they were making toast, eating chrisps, eating chips from customers bowls, sitting on all the work surfaces.....disgraceful....cant believe this in view of customers.........was this just a youth club...no sign of any manager etc.

slept fine, brekkie was fine again v quick arrival....security present in the dining room just incase a fried egg war broke out i assume. v unsettling.

quick check out ...staff barley made eye contact.........never again. how does this place make any money..way to many staff......wastage from staff helping themselves and double standards if i have to comply to a dress code at least make your staff look a bit decent....

as for their 'perfect wedding venue setting' id be so disappointed this place was awful.............

1 Thank pollyantus87

Travellers are raving about these Stockport hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

Stayed at Bredbury Hall Saturday 29th January. Stayed in room 422 overlooking the main court yard. We went for the £109.00 inclusive package which including even meal for 2. Overnight stay and Breakfast.
We were greeted at the main desk with a pleasant smile. Within 2 minutes we were checked in and having a drink at the bar. Very high service
The room. Well were do I start. A beautiful marble bathroom with walk in shower(Very Big).Large bed offset at the side with a separate living area and LCD TV. The room was immaculately clean and maintained to a very high standard. The wife loved it. We were on the second floor which was only 30 seconds walk to the main reception area and only round the corner from the main dinning room.
The food. Well what can I say. A 3 course Menu. I had a starter of a spin off of Coquille St Jack.(Fish backed in cheese sauce). For main I had a fillet of salmon with a side of veg. Finished off with a selection of cheese and biscuits. I like my seafood. Been numerous time to Rick Steins restaurant in Padstow. I have to give my compliments to the Chief. Very nice food indeed.
The price also included entry to the club. Myself being 36 and the wife being the same age. We don't often go to a club. However we really enjoyed the evening. The dress code was smart. An age range from late 20's too early 40's. Very Friendly environment to be in a ( very nice bar staff :). We danced away to the early hours.
Woke at about 8:30.A slight hangover. Just in time to watch Murray get thrashed at Tennis in the final. 9:00 there was a knock at the door with a full English Breakfast (room service) per ordered from the night before. A minor extra charge of £2:50. One again the breakfast was very good. Although not sure my post xmas diet agreed with me.
It was a great night away for myself and the wife. The kids were dropped off at their Grandmas. If you ever want a nice short break I would recommend Bredbury hall. Not just for the price. Its a beautiful hotel were you can just relax and enjoy. We are defiantly going back again.

1 Thank AndyH_01
New Mills, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

The nightclub at this hotel has a reputation that spans decades. The hotel however is in essence a family run establishment. It is not impersonal and contemporary it is like a home from home. I started going to the nightclub at weekends with my friends and there are not many places left that you can find everything in one place without a pub crawl or more than one taxi journey. Bredbury Hall has a fabulous restaurant, fabulous menu and amazing standards. The rooms and suites are a great size and always very clean. The staff are all amazing. I got married there in July 2005 after meeting my husband there (he worked there!) We have spent numerous anniversaries there, our daughter was christened there in Aug 2008 and through work I have hosted many meetings, conferences and events. The service is always second to none. More recently the management were kind enough to host a family wake for us.
Go to the club with an open mind the guests are a mixed bunch which adds to the charm, you will never feel old. The house rules and door staff are strict for your benefit so it is not full of riff raff and there is very little trouble. Bear in mind it is popular for hen/stag parties so the door staff and rules need to be strict.
I love this place and cannot recommend it highly enough. There are few places that can truly accommodate for parties and weddings at weekends conferences in the week and romantic getaways. Give it a try most of you will not be disappointed.
Recently due to new management there has been new investment in the hotel which shows. Thank you to all at Bredbury Hall for everything X

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

We stayed over 2 nights on bonfire weekend,had a fantastic time food was excellent and the club was really friendly and enjoyable. Not sure what the previous posts are referring to as we had the best time ever and were made really welcome by the staff. Would recommend to anyone looking for a fun weekend A++++++++++

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends