“Mixed report...”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Scotland
“Mixed report...”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I cannot a gree with many of the comments on this hotel. I have stayed a couple of times now and on both experiences have had issues with the rooms. first time got room 2. Big room, big shower, smelt terrible. It is positioned above the hotel's gents public toilet. The second time, room 14, there was no hot water for a shower and no water pressure. When I turned on the sink tap the shower stopped. Received apologies but no bill adjustment on either ocassion.
On the up side the food is good and the residents menu is really good value at £17.50 for three courses. The free olives and peanuts at the bar are a nice touch and the staff are attentive.
Overall it's disappointing and the decor throughout the hotels main public areas is ver 70s.

Room Tip: Avoid room 2 above the gents toilets
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Johnny2002
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Sir,

It is with great regret that you have had issues with the hotel on both of your stays with us.

I have monitored room 2 since your last stay and we cannot find an odour problem.

We, however, have found an issue with the water pressure in room 14. An air releasing valve had failed which caused an airlock to build up in the hot pipes your room. A mechanical failure can happen at any point and thanks to your comments the issue is now resolved.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the restaurant and for staying with us. I sincerely hope that now the issues are reselved we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

If you wish I would be happy to discuss these issues further, please contact me at the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2013

only ate in the restaurant for a family celebration but must say that the staff are friendly helpful and good fun . The food is very good and vegetables nicely cooked only fault I had was that my slow roasted pork did not have any crackling would recommend for family event

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind words about your experience at the Wycliffe Hotel. The whole team appreciates knowing that their efforts are helping guests to enjoy their experience here. We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Wycliffe Hotel and Restaurant.
Kind Regards
Mark Tavini
Manager
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2013

A really nice hotel, spotless, comfortable with a great Italian restaurant - stay and food very good value. Under the flight path but so's the rest of Stockport - not a problem really.
I endorse all the positive comments on the right. Wanted to keep the place a secret but having just reviewed The Village at Cheadle I felt I had to prove I could do a good review. If this place is full next time I book I'll be well cheesed off but not surprised.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your kind words about the Wycliffe hotel and it's restaurant. They are always welcome and appreciated. As a family business you can rest assured we will always endeavor to provide a caring and quality establishment for our guests and diners.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wycliffe.
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Staying one night this week and one night again next week.Hadn't got a clue what to expect as I was booked in 'blind' by my company. The hotel is easy to find and has secure parking. The staff are very pleasant,my room is spotless and well laid out with a good selection of hot drinks etc,but the real clincher is the resturant, I went for a meal from the residents set menu, it was absolutely superb. Can't wait for breakfast tomorrow morning.......

Room Tip: Room 6 is great!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thank you for your kind words, any positive feedback is gratefully appreciated. You can rest assured that both management and staff will work hard to maintain and improve on the standards you have noted. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wycliffe Hotel.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is the second time we have been here and both the food and service are second to none.
A nice atsmosphere throughout, we sat and had drinks while waiting for our table, staff very pleasant, nothing to much trouble. A good selection of food choices, well cooked and very tasty there were eight of us and so had a variety of meals and everyone as happy with theirs as we were so that shows how good it is. It was very busy but once at your table you stayed there all evening which added that extra touch . Nothing worse than being hustled out after a certain time which happens in some places. Would strongly recommend this hotel for a good night out or a special celebration. You must book which is understandable, it's a popular place and I am not surprised. Prices are good too no more than what you would expect for this type of cuisine.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed overnight
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for making us ware of your positive experience of the Wycliffe Hotel. It is always good to know we are on the right track. Both staff and management will try hard keep up the good work and look for any way in which we can to improve on the standards already laid down.
Lancashire, UK
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We had lunch here with friends a few weeks ago. The place does look like it could do with a bit of a refurb.

The restaurant was very quiet, actually deserted and seemed staff had nothing to do until we arrived. We had good and speedy service and our meal was really nice and very good value.

Will certainly return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mazza-500
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again.
Cheshire
Reviewed 13 March 2013 via mobile

My Brother, Sister and partners and myself and my hubby had a family lunch here on Motherimg Sunday to reflect on the many happy times we had spent there with Mum in the past. From the moment we arrived we were treated like Royalty. We sat in the comfortable bar area with a bottle of champagne to study the menu. Great choice of starters and mains with a soup course in between. The food was absolutely fabulous, nicely presented and the service was superb. Good choice of wines too. The staff make this Restaurant extra special they really ensure you have a lovely time. Thank you to you all for making the day so special. I hope we shall soon return.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Alma Lodge Hotel
#10 of 15 in Stockport
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
Waterside Hotel & Leisure Club
#53 of 118 in Manchester

Been to Wycliffe Hotel? Share your experiences!