Wycliffe Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
US$94
US$93
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Stockport hotel(Stockport)(Great Value!)
US$50
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthis family run hotellamb shankfree wifisunday lunchflight pathlarge partya lovely staybirthday partyon arrivalflat screen tvexcellent valuebeansfood was lovelyroom was largeno liftcar parkfuneral
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a short stay at this wonderful family run hotel, upon arrival we were greeted by their very helpful staff and then booked our evening meal. I would like to mention that this hotel is 3 star rated and is spotlessly clean, but the real surprise was the quality of the food offered at the restaurant. Having eaten at various places around the World I was astounded to the quality of the food on offer-its worth a stay just for the food. Some reviews have mentioned the location being under a flight path, this was not an issue as we hardly noticed the planes and they did not fly at night. Enjoy you stay and meal  : )

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Darrell C
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for posting a wonderful review of your stay at the Wycliffe Hotel, you can be assured that your kind comments will be passed to all our staff. We are delighted to read that you appreciate our clean bedrooms and the high quality of food which where possible we source locally and our chefs prepare to order. We very much appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Words cannot express my gratitude to Mark and his team for making our special wedding anniversary a night to remember! The warm welcome,attention to detail and superb food were just perfect! The Wycliffe has been a favourite restaurant of ours for many years and last Saturday served to remind us of how infrequently we visit nowadays! This will be rectified this year! Our friends who were Wycliffe virgins will also be returning. What a fantastic gem of a place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Congratulations for your special wedding anniversary! We are pleased to hear that the Wycliffe’s restaurant has been your firm favourite for many years, delighted that you choose us to host your special dinner and that you so much enjoyed the whole experience. We thank you for your fantastic review and your kind comments will be passed to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My partner and I stayed here over Christmas and were favourably impressed. Room clean and nicely presented. The staff were pleasant, friendly and professional. Although our room overlooked the car park and the outside smoking area and was situated above the bar/dining room space, we weren't bothered by noise (despite busy Christmas funcitions). The breakfasts were promptly served and the food was well-cooked and hot. Two minor problems were fixed within minutes (with the shower and the heating). One very small grouse which I've experienced in other hotels: the bathroom mirror was too low - I'm just over 6 foot and had to crouch over the sink to shave (I shave my head and had to kneel to do this!). We have decided to use the Wycliffe for our future visits to Stockport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for "Highly Recommending" the Wycliffe Hotel. We are very pleased to learn that you were impressed with your experience and your comments will be appreciated by our staff. We have checked the height of all bedroom mirrors (unfortunately the room you occupied had the lowest mirror, as you can appreciate we have to accommodate guests of various heights), but we are looking into rectifying the matter in the near future. However, if you would like to contact me directly when you make your next reservation, I will ensure that your allocated bedroom has a more higher placed mirror. We look forward to seeing you in 2014.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I havnt stayed at this hotel but I have eaten here many times The food is lovely and the staff are helpful and friendly. However they used to have a sweet trolley with a wonderful selection of deserts I can understand why they no longer have the trolley if they were wasting a lot of food but when I went there earlier this month the selection of deserts was very disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you had a “super meal”.
I have passed your kind comments to our staff - we all very much appreciative them.

Unfortunately we were unable to continue with the sweet trolley due to hygiene standards. However, our chefs are now able to freshly prepare and present our desserts individually to a much higher standard than when they were served in the restaurant. I hope we can welcome you back to the Wycliffe Hotel in the future, perhaps for an overnight stay to take advantage of our brand new kingsize beds and bedlinen.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I always use the Wycliffe when I stay in Stockport on business and can never fault the service. The staff are always friendly and the service is fantastic. The hotel offers guests a discounted menu and the food is always good value and extremely good quality.

• Stayed: October 2013
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Client,

It is always a pleasure to know that our efforts are appreciated and valued. We are a small hotel that aims to provide great service, super food and in a friendly environment. Thank you from all of us at the Wycliffe Hotel.