“Really Good Hotel”

Wycliffe Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Stockport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My family and I have used the Wycliffe numerous times over the last 3 years, members of my family have stayed here, we've had Sunday lunches and family meals in the evening, we held my sons Christening party here and celebrated our Christmas meal here in 2013.
The staff are friendly and helpful and the food has always been excellent. The function room downstairs is excellent for small (30-40 people) celebrations and family parties.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Guest,

It is great to hear of you and your family's past and on going association with the Wycliffe hotel. As a family business we are here for the long term and aim to supply great accommodation, food and service to our fantastic clients. Thank you for your very kind words.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel, where we attended a wedding reception. The staff were the best that I have ever met at a hotel and went out of their way to help, the food was fabulous and the hotel spotlessly clean..I would thoroughly recommend this venue for a wedding reception or similar function.

Room Tip: We had room 17 which was quiet,large and very comfortable
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sclandersburn

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you all enjoyed the wedding reception held at the Wycliffe hotel. It is a very important day and we are pleased to know that everything went well. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

What, with the wonderful ambience, great service and fantastic food; what more could you expect from this family run hotel? How about king size beds, free WiFi and a well stocked bar.
This hotel has all of these as well as great hosts. Just don't tell everyone as I would hate to be disappointed.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

It is so nice to hear that you feel at home while staying at the Wycliffe Hotel. As a regular at the hotel it is always nice to welcome you back. Once again, thank you for your kind words from all of the staff.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a short stay at this wonderful family run hotel, upon arrival we were greeted by their very helpful staff and then booked our evening meal. I would like to mention that this hotel is 3 star rated and is spotlessly clean, but the real surprise was the quality of the food offered at the restaurant. Having eaten at various places around the World I was astounded to the quality of the food on offer-its worth a stay just for the food. Some reviews have mentioned the location being under a flight path, this was not an issue as we hardly noticed the planes and they did not fly at night. Enjoy you stay and meal  : )

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Darrell C
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for posting a wonderful review of your stay at the Wycliffe Hotel, you can be assured that your kind comments will be passed to all our staff. We are delighted to read that you appreciate our clean bedrooms and the high quality of food which where possible we source locally and our chefs prepare to order. We very much appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Words cannot express my gratitude to Mark and his team for making our special wedding anniversary a night to remember! The warm welcome,attention to detail and superb food were just perfect! The Wycliffe has been a favourite restaurant of ours for many years and last Saturday served to remind us of how infrequently we visit nowadays! This will be rectified this year! Our friends who were Wycliffe virgins will also be returning. What a fantastic gem of a place!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Congratulations for your special wedding anniversary! We are pleased to hear that the Wycliffe’s restaurant has been your firm favourite for many years, delighted that you choose us to host your special dinner and that you so much enjoyed the whole experience. We thank you for your fantastic review and your kind comments will be passed to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My partner and I stayed here over Christmas and were favourably impressed. Room clean and nicely presented. The staff were pleasant, friendly and professional. Although our room overlooked the car park and the outside smoking area and was situated above the bar/dining room space, we weren't bothered by noise (despite busy Christmas funcitions). The breakfasts were promptly served and the food was well-cooked and hot. Two minor problems were fixed within minutes (with the shower and the heating). One very small grouse which I've experienced in other hotels: the bathroom mirror was too low - I'm just over 6 foot and had to crouch over the sink to shave (I shave my head and had to kneel to do this!). We have decided to use the Wycliffe for our future visits to Stockport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for "Highly Recommending" the Wycliffe Hotel. We are very pleased to learn that you were impressed with your experience and your comments will be appreciated by our staff. We have checked the height of all bedroom mirrors (unfortunately the room you occupied had the lowest mirror, as you can appreciate we have to accommodate guests of various heights), but we are looking into rectifying the matter in the near future. However, if you would like to contact me directly when you make your next reservation, I will ensure that your allocated bedroom has a more higher placed mirror. We look forward to seeing you in 2014.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I havnt stayed at this hotel but I have eaten here many times The food is lovely and the staff are helpful and friendly. However they used to have a sweet trolley with a wonderful selection of deserts I can understand why they no longer have the trolley if they were wasting a lot of food but when I went there earlier this month the selection of deserts was very disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2013
wycliffehotel, Manager at Wycliffe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your review, I am very pleased to hear that you had a “super meal”.
I have passed your kind comments to our staff - we all very much appreciative them.

Unfortunately we were unable to continue with the sweet trolley due to hygiene standards. However, our chefs are now able to freshly prepare and present our desserts individually to a much higher standard than when they were served in the restaurant. I hope we can welcome you back to the Wycliffe Hotel in the future, perhaps for an overnight stay to take advantage of our brand new kingsize beds and bedlinen.