“average to poor”

Ranked #250 of 598 Restaurants in Stockport
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My wife took me here yesterday 17FEB 2014 for breakfast, as I had not been since they had done their re vamp. Was sad to see it was very bland, quite ' cold' and seating chairs were wooden and hard. My wife had to change chairs for one with a ' cushion' inset as hers was hard and cold. Not many people in. Ordered the large breakfast to be split between us, with some toast and tea. Food okay, but expensive for what it is. Service okay, but our toast was sat on the top of counter, waiting for somebody to serve it to us.. we finally had to ask for it..
My wife had been a couple of weeks earlier, and said the fish and chips were very good, so we went back same day for this is one of my favourite meals.. sad to say they had ' sold out of the fish' and it was only 2.45p.m. We said we did not want anything else, and got up and left.
So, from being a nice experience there, it is nothing more than a very expensive café now, so we shall not be returning.

3  Thank lawmanCheshire

Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's a long time since I've been here, but friends like it, so we went along for lunch. Firstly I was surprised that it was not licensed. Not that I wanted alcohol, but some might enjoy a glass of wine with food that I found very good, but to my mind, very expensive. I realised that the ingredients were clever and seasonal, but was surprised that the prices matched smart restaurants nearby. Still, they must be doing something right because it was heaving, and on the plus side we had a sweet waitress in attendance and fun looking round the garden centre.

3  Thank B F
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have been going almost every Saturday for many years however since the refurb I will only go to use the sage offers & I will not renew. The restaurant is now like cafe/ canteen; the tables are too close together; the floor is terrible & the noise is horrendous. You can't have a normal conversation, you have to shout. The price is still in line with a restaurant instead of a cafe. More often than not they are short staffed. It's now several weeks since it reopened - still no curtains or anything else which may deaden the noise a little. The only good thing left is the staff! Management should be ashamed of this debacle.

4  Thank Sandi1007
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The re-vamp has left this once delightful restaurant as an expensive, souless and miserable canteen. Poor coffee, stale teacake and really quite empty of customers. Seating is poor and the whole experience lack lustre. We won't be going again!!

4  Thank Molly869
Reviewed 17 November 2013

we visited today this morning as it was the day farther Christmas was arriving so we had breakfast 2 adults and 3 children what fab service we received and what are people talking about when they say its noisy and sparse and unwelcoming. its welcoming and bright and nice new wooden floor. the carpet was so outdated before and big dresser was in the way for prams and wheelchairs. we spoke to the staff and blinds and curtains are coming soon. it wasn't canteen service or food by any means. what do some people want you just cannot please everyone. and we have high standards especially with the Cheshire prices. you expect high quality food and service which we certainly got and it was getting busy. well done all at Woodford park garden centre. we all had a fab time and will be visiting again.