“Stop off for the airport”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Coventry
“Stop off for the airport”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Used premier inn for a stop off for the airport. Parking was easy right outside. Checked in early evening no problems. The room was fine clean and everything you need for an overnight stay. Looked at the menu for an evening meal which I thought was expensive £9 for a burger. we got in the car and found a wacky warehouse pub which was better value. got back to the pub next door had a few drinks and went to bed. You can hear the planes but you are on the flight path into the airport I knew before I booked it. During the night it rained I was woke up by the sound of dripping water on to the ceiling above the TV. It was not nothing to worry about but told the reception the morning after. The breakfast was pre booked £16 for two adults and one child (free) which I think is not to bad because my son eats as much as an adult. It was freshly made and plenty of it. Even asked if we wanted more. Overall not a bad stop off but if you are a light sleeper the planes might keep you awake.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CoventryCovlad
Liz S, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
I must express how much we appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your most recent stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel.
Looking forward to welcome you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights. Rooms are comfy and spacious- the only downside is no air conditioning, so you can hear the planes if you have the windows open. I personally didn't mind this, but I was surprised that there was no air conditioning in an airport hotel where noise is invariably a concern.

On night 1 we had very heavy rain and the gutter outside our room overflowed into a manhole cover- this was unbelievably loud! We were relocated for the next night and slept far better- probably due in part to exhaustion from night 1!

We found all staff very helpful, and the breakfast was awesome!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank RebeccaP190725
liz s, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
I must express how much we appreciate you taking your time to giver us feedback on you recent stay with us. We are happy that we were able to accommodate you and move you rooms so you had a more comfortable stay with us the second night.
We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and I will pass on the feedback to the breakfast team too.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

For a one night stay with an early flight the next morning I cannot fault this hotel. There is plenty of parking, situated very close to the airport with large clean rooms which appear recently refurbished. Good value for the £29 we paid.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank MARK J
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Frankly I cannot understand those who complain about the aircraft noise at this Premier Inn - there are enough reviews advising you that this hotel is located nigh on at the end of the runway therefore it's not rocket science to perhaps use one of the PI's on Runger Lane, plus it also means you don't feel obliged to complain about something you should be aware of! So, real easy, if you don't want aircraft noise, don't stay!

I've just recently booked our next stay at this hotel for November this year at a highly acceptable price of £29. I hadn't realised I had not thanked PI for an excellent stay in November 2012. This PI had been refurbished at the beginning of 2012 and we were allocated a room for those with disabilities. Perfect room, spotlessly clean, comfortable bed and bedding, tea and coffee making facilities, 30 minutes free wifi enabling me to check emails in the evening and again the following morning, flat screen TV offering many clear channels, and a staff who cannot help enough. The bathroom was helpful for my disability...it was large, spotlessly clean and with a lowered bath that meant, with my husbands help, I was able to get in and out of - thank you PI.

I highly recommend this PI. It does exactly what it claims - offers you a clean, comfortable room and environment before flying, why pay well over £100 for other accommodation.

Just remember, no aircraft noise = no Heald Green Premier Inn = no whinging....simples.

Room Tip: Also note that whilst this PI is only 160 yards from the train station there is no rail noise at all...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chaufeurse
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. As stated this is an Airport Hotel and we are located very close to the Airport. This is great for families who are jetting off on holiday the next day.

Thank you again for your coments and we shall see you again soon.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at the heathrow airport one bath rd. I decided to stay here for a night due to an early flight out
Room was very clean couldn't wish for more. Wifi was so so worked but not great.
Breakfast was excellent
Location is excellent defiantly recommend to anyone wishing a good value place to stay close to the airport

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank jdgreen43
Burntisland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I travelled by air to Manchester for a concert in May and travelling alone it seemed a good idea to stay here due the proximity of the airport. I heard some planes but it did not bother me. It did not affect my sleep. I did not reach this hotel until very very late due to the queue for the Metrolink at the Etihad Stadium being stupidly long. As a result I missed the last train back from Picadilly Station to the hotel. It is worth noting that you can in fact walk to Picadilly Station from the Etihad. Anyway I got another train to the Airport and then a taxi to the Hotel this cost £8.
I was greeted on reception by a very friendly chap who tried to help me out with a charger for my phone. My room was fine, just as expected and the bathroom was spotless. I had breakfast next morning also this was fine the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I kind member of staff - Aeron lent me his charger for my phone so I could contact friends to let them know I was safe. I noted that other guests were able to leave luggage after checking out. Although the train station was close enough to get to the airport, I got reception to order a taxi for me. This cost £6. If I was travelling from Manchester airport again I would consider this hotel as I felt it offered excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jangles1
liz s, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our Premier Inn, We are glad you had a great stay with us. I will pass on your kind feedback to the staff involved.

We are a great location for events and concerts held in the city centre as the train station is right next door and taxi's are local.
From all of the staff here we hope you enjoyed the concert and hope to see you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Liz
Nottingham
Reviewed 7 August 2013

A very good price & noise not a problem despite being close to the Airport & train station. Only problem was lugging our cases up the stairs (though the receptionist did offer to help).
Window opened before arrival + additional fan very much appreciated in the hot whether.
Well done folks

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
liz s, Manager at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. This warm weather has been a blessing in the UK however we are ready for the rain now!
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Best Wishes,
Liz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (Heald Green) Hotel? Share your experiences!